Sponsored

How cool is Florida. New plates coming out. Notice its not a Bronco.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
No way would I take a helping hand from a Bronco owner. They might try to steal my Jeep and leave me with their……..gag……..Bronco. And I’d be too embarrassed to ride anywhere in a Bronco. Rather walk 100 miles.
Well since it would be a bronco they were leaving you with, you would probably be walking back anyhow. ;)
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I really kinda like the white and black Texas plates because of the simplicity.
We went through a phase here of over decorated standard plates. Thankfully that went away. Less is more on LPs. I like how New York simplified theirs too.

There are a ton of different ones that you can get here if you pay extra, the state authorizes them through a company called My Plates. https://www.myplates.com/

The only non standard plates I would consider would be the black plates with white font. I wont pay a yearly premium for them though.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Texas has so many good plate designs now and a few more coming out soon, you can almost color match to your ride.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
We went through a phase here of over decorated standard plates. Thankfully that went away. Less is more on LPs. I like how New York simplified theirs too.

There are a ton of different ones that you can get here if you pay extra, the state authorizes them through a company called My Plates. https://www.myplates.com/

The only non standard plates I would consider would be the black plates with white font. I wont pay a yearly premium for them though.
Yeah, it's nice to see some restraint... I think this country tends to overdesign things and often ends up with gaudy results.

Sponsored

roojacksid

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JL Rubicon
Do you have Bronco envy? Scared of a little competition? Otherwise, not sure why you’d bring them up. Competition is only going to make both brands better, not sure where the us or them mentality comes from. Damn sure if you ever got stuck off road, assuming you’re not a mall crawler, you’d take a helping hand from a Bronco owner, same as they would from you.
I agree. My next door neighbor has a first edition Bronco with the Sasquatch package and it’s awesome. We admire each other’s rides.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Doe’s anybody know how we can check on our pre ordered tags? We moved a year ago and I’m not sure if my address will update as my drivers license was. My tag order number is 838.

TIA…

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
For anyone older than 40 a Bronco tag would need to be CA with a highway chase scene or similar... "chase the Juice" or similar motto.

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
That looks much better than the Montana plate that supports multiuse trails.

License_plate_final-6029614.jpg

I can't do any better myself, but I really do wish it was a cool design like FL's so I could be proud to have it on my vehicles.
This is the most embarrassing nonsense I have ever seen in my life.

It looks like it was designed by a 10 year old that just discovered word art and MSPaint.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
How do I get the new plate, without going in?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
That looks much better than the Montana plate that supports multiuse trails.

License_plate_final-6029614.jpg

I can't do any better myself, but I really do wish it was a cool design like FL's so I could be proud to have it on my vehicles.
Don’t forget to check our new GeoCities webpage, accessible online using AOL or any internet browser like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer!

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I don't like that plate. It really needs to be a 4 door pickup truck that's rolling coal and bulldogging. If not that, a Chevy Caprice that has 28's on it.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
This is the most embarrassing nonsense I have ever seen in my life.

It looks like it was designed by a 10 year old that just discovered word art and MSPaint.
Don’t forget to check our new GeoCities webpage, accessible online using AOL or any internet browser like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer!
These plates are used for fund raising for any kind of various causes. I don't really know what goes into it but that terrible plate is the only one I know of to support off road access issues. Now it's only like $20-$30 going to the organization, so it's probably not the make or break for the organizations but it would be nice to see a good design that people would want to put on their vehicle. I don't think I've ever seen that balanced use plate actually on a vehicle. But one I do see somewhat often is from a group that is directly trying to close off road trails. Below is their plate design (406 is the MT area code, if you're wondering). I don't know if I can say it's a good/cool license plate but to my eye it is much better than the balanced use plate.

Blackfoot-Challenge-Inc1.jpg

I have absolutely zero attachment with the balanced used group, and I have no clue what is involved with getting a plate design approved by the DMV, but if anyone here has even a hint of artistic ability, some time to burn, and want to see if they can do something better for the balanced use folks, their website is https://balanceduse.org/ Maybe they'd entertain submissions if people sent them in.