Sponsored

How common and are there any repercussions for a dealership selling your ordered 392 from under you?

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
I'm in the same boat as a lot of others here "patiently" waiting for my 392 to arrive. I did a bunch a searches but, only found a few references of 392s being sold to the "wrong" person. I'm a little nervous about this happening to me but, how often does this actually happen and is there any recourse for the person left empty handed and pissed?
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm in the same boat as a lot of others here "patiently" waiting for my 392 to arrive. I did a bunch a searches but, only found a few references of 392s being sold to the "wrong" person. I'm a little nervous about this happening to me but, how often does this actually happen and is there any recourse for the person left empty handed and pissed?
I think itā€™s going to depend on any paperwork you signed with your dealership regarding your order and deposit. But I have a feeling you might be stuck.

OP
OP
reallynervous

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
I tend to stress the small things and prepare for even the unlikely outcomes. I ordered from Safford in Northern Virginia. They seem to be legit but with announcements of the future for the Hemi motors, I'm stressing more than usual. This Jeep is my gift to myself after retiring from the military and I'll be beyond pissed if someone else drives it off the lot. I put money down and signed a purchase summary.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I tend to stress the small things and prepare for even the unlikely outcomes. I ordered from Safford in Northern Virginia. They seem to be legit but with announcements of the future for the Hemi motors, I'm stressing more than usual. This Jeep is my gift to myself after retiring from the military and I'll be beyond pissed if someone else drives it off the lot. I put money down and signed a purchase summary.
Just remind your dealer about a guy named Rambo.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
If your dealer does that to you, you come here and blast them so that they donā€™t get any sales. You then leave honest reviews all over the internet. The internet is powerful, sometimes too powerful.
The Bronco forum has been fairly successful at getting dealers to capitulate when they try the last minute ADM bs. They swarm google reviews and facebook with negative reviews and the dealers back off.

I don't have an issue with ADMs on dealer stock, but trying to throw an ADM on a customer order is straight up shady.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I had the reverse - I had a 392 on order that was about to be shipped. Dealership called and said they had a buyer who wanted one 'now' and would I be willing to let mine go. We agreed on the "fee" and they sold it for a premium to some guy from DC.

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
I ordered a JLUR XR this month and was told by the salesman that the dealership gets fined $1500 for selling a sold vehicle to someone else. He said thatā€™s what stops them from ordering multiple vehicles as sold that arenā€™t.

Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
I had a similar concern about the potential for an accidental sale, and asked my dealer about it directly. As mentioned above Jeep / Stellantis will punish dealers for this type of behavior. My dealer indicated that it goes beyond fines and can also result in them losing vehicle allocations.

You could ask your sales person if there is any risk of this happening (for example, the general manager or a senior sales person decides to 'take care of a valued customer').

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
The same thing happened to me years ago when I ordered a Range Rover. The day after it arrived I showed up to pay for it and found out they had sold it to one of their ā€œloyalā€ customers. There is no recourse that Iā€™m aware of. Fortunately, Iā€™m told this type of behavior is rare, so chances are youā€™re going to be writing a very large check soon. šŸ˜
Sponsored