Sponsored

How comfortable are the seats in JLU Sport?

Lak7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I like them so far - 800 miles. Reminds me of my '98 GMC Jimmy seats - which I loved.
Recently switched from Honda Pilot to JLU Sport S.

MPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have only one problem with the seats, in that they seem to slope downhill so it feels like I slide forward. Have driven four plus hours in them on one trip with no problem except for having to slide back so I feel like I am sitting up.
Yes. I have noticed this when I have sat in the JL and test drove it. On my 2007 JKU, I could not stand the feeling of leaning forward, so I added brackets which made the two front seat bases tilt back and now they are way more comfortable!

Jeep Wrangler JK & JKU FRONT Seat Spacer Blocks Lift Recline Kit 2007-2017
https://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Diesel-Parts-Wrangler-2007-2017/dp/B071VB9J9V

These are for the FRONT seats, not the rear. These are similar to the rear JK recline kits, except they add more tilt and make a bigger difference to the front seats than the rear ones do.

On both the JK and JL, when you pump up the seat to raise the height, it seems just the back of the seat lifts, propelling the driver to slide forward. These spacer lifts are awesome. They make it so your knees sit up and you slide backward in the base of the seat. I installed just the front ones of these spacers (I did not install all four spacers so that I could get maximum tilt back) and now my JKU front seats are incredibly comfortable and now my sciatic nerve in my leg does not hurt after long drives as it used to from me sliding forward in my seat.

I do not believe these FRONT seat spacer recline kits for the JL are available yet, but the JL clearly needs them. These spacers would make the single biggest difference in comfort for the seats. The brackets are different for the JL from the JK, but someone may be able to fabricate something similar.

Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
We picked up our Sport S just outside Atlanta, and drove home, just east of Nashville. About 5 & half hour drive. The cloth seats were comfortable enough. The only problem I experience is my knee rubs the transfer case shifter. I've been trying to adjust the seat to alleviate that, but haven't quite gotten it yet. Will continue trying. But as far as just comfy seat, ours seems just fine. And my wife loves the heated seats.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The cloth seats are comfortable in my Sahara.
As others have stated they don't tilt back enough, at least not for some of us taller folks.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
While I do seem to have to adjust myself back in the seat from time to time, I think the cloth seats in my Sport S are great! Of course...I’m often lost in the joy of driving my Jeep...especially when the top and doors are off!

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I do not believe these FRONT seat spacer recline kits for the JL are available yet, but the JL clearly needs them. These spacers would make the single biggest difference in comfort for the seats. The brackets are different for the JL from the JK, but someone may be able to fabricate something similar.
Looks like they have them for JL(U)s. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJWF16C/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_cr_x__a_w
This is a lift kit,but could probably be used with just front spacers; as you did w/ your JK.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I really like them for some reason. I've done 5 hour drive no problem. I'm 5'9" 160 pounds. I think they could get uncomfortable for a much taller or bigger person.
My only issue is that the clutch on my manual engages so close to the floor I really have to put the seat more forward than I'd like.
But on the highway I can slide it back and engage cruise control.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I really like them for some reason. I've done 5 hour drive no problem. I'm 5'9" 160 pounds. I think they could get uncomfortable for a much taller or bigger person.
My only issue is that the clutch on my manual engages so close to the floor I really have to put the seat more forward than I'd like.
I am about the same size and feel the same way.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Anyone have any problems with the angle of the head restraints? I'm 5'8" and find the angle of some head restraints very uncomfortable.

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have the same issue with clutch engagement point. The clutch is not very smooth either which is unfortunate given how nice the actual transmission is.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
No. They're awful. Flat as plywood. Stiff. And the "lumbar" support actually hits me in the middle of my back instead of the lower L4/L5 area. Mine actually have sent me to the chiropractor and that's no joke.
Look at this guy’s post history and you’ll definitely call into question whether or not what he wrote is truthful.

I think the seats are extremely comfortable. I just did a 1000 mile road trip and I was more comfortable than in any of the cars I’ve owned previously- some costing 3x the price of my Sport. I wouldn’t worry a bit about the seat comfort.

Literally no car seat will cause you back problems, let alone require chiropractor visits. And I’ve owned Honda products before!
Sponsored