Sponsored

How comfortable are the seats in JLU Sport?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I read someone turned them around. Not sure if they were sincere or joking.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Look at this guy’s post history and you’ll definitely call into question whether or not what he wrote is truthful.

I think the seats are extremely comfortable. I just did a 1000 mile road trip and I was more comfortable than in any of the cars I’ve owned previously- some costing 3x the price of my Sport. I wouldn’t worry a bit about the seat comfort.

Literally no car seat will cause you back problems, let alone require chiropractor visits. And I’ve owned Honda products before!
Yes, please do because I'm one of the few on the forum that tell it like it is rather than preaching the praise of the new model, and there are many who have agreed with me about the awful seats and 2" more narrow seating position JL...many in this thread alone. :like:

So you're saying that a terribly designed lumbar pressure point will not cause you pain if you're subjected to it in a confined space on a trip? Get outta' here. That's hilarious.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Yes, please do because I'm one of the few on the forum that tell it like it is rather than preaching the praise of the new model, and there are many who have agreed with me about the awful seats and 2" more narrow seating position JL...many in this thread alone. :like:
But the sample of posts isn’t representative of the population that disagrees with you. Ya see, most people read a thread like this and think “hmmmm, everyone experiences comfort differently and the seats are fine for me and it’s a Jeep not a Lincoln so I’m not gonna bother to post.” That a couple of people agreed with you in a thread which is entirely subjective means next to nothing. Sorry to, you know, tell it like it is.

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I've personally found the lack of a dead pedal to be the most uncomfortable part. My left leg kind of hangs there awkwardly. Never thought about it until I did a 3 hour road trip. First thing I noticed hopping out is my knee a little sore.

The seats itself are fine to me. If anything force you to have slightly better sitting posture.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I like my seats. I have a wide body and don't want side bolsters. In fact my Infinity FX45 eventually had to go because the seats hurt my thighs on any trip of significance. The don't seem to impress me when I sit in them but they don't hurt me and I spend 29,000 miles in them the last two years

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like my seats. Like others have said they slope down towards the front. I kinda feel like the slope forward is more noticeable on the jl than my jk was. Also a dead pedal would be nice. Had one in the jk and I’ll probably do it again.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
19 degrees last night. Long walk to where I parked. Butt warmer on high all the way home. Best seat ever.

Last edited:

maranom232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The cloth seats are comfortable in my Sahara.
As others have stated they don't tilt back enough, at least not for some of us taller folks.
Totally agree, at 6’2 I really could use a tilt option in my 2018 JLU Sahara
Sponsored