Sponsored

How comfortable are the seats in JLU Sport?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I'm looking at getting a JLU Sport. Just wondering what people that already have one think of the seats. Mostly the driver and front passenger seats. Are they comfortable for city driving and for a long distance (more than an hour driving).
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
No. They're awful. Flat as plywood. Stiff. And the "lumbar" support actually hits me in the middle of my back instead of the lower L4/L5 area. Mine actually have sent me to the chiropractor and that's no joke.

JHowell74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Depends on what you are coming from and how big/tall you are I guess. For me, they are more comfy than my wife's Durango. They feel close to what my '14 Ram 1500 had maybe but the seat bottoms aren't quite as deep/long as the Ram.

OP
OP
future ocean blue

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Depends on what you are coming from and how big/tall you are I guess. For me, they are more comfy than my wife's Durango. They feel close to what my '14 Ram 1500 had maybe but the seat bottoms aren't quite as deep/long as the Ram.
I'm average height and weight. Just trying to get an idea from current owners what they think of the seats. And if the cloth seats in the Rubicon or sahara are more comfortable or the same.

Thanks for the feedback.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the seats are pretty comfortable and I have done a lot of trips of about 1.5 hours and a couple at 2.5 hours. The best thing is to do a test drive.

Sponsored

sbmitch2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram, 2018 Bright White JLU
I have only one problem with the seats, in that they seem to slope downhill so it feels like I slide forward. Have driven four plus hours in them on one trip with no problem except for having to slide back so I feel like I am sitting up.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife's JLUS cloth seats are very comfortable. My JLUR leather seats are a bit stiffer than hers.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have only one problem with the seats, in that they seem to slope downhill so it feels like I slide forward. Have driven four plus hours in them on one trip with no problem except for having to slide back so I feel like I am sitting up.
Yes, I forgot to add this. And, as you use the "pump" adjustment to lift the seat, they tilt even farther forward. Instead, they need the ability to tilt backward. Jeep really screwed up the seats in my opinion. The JKU seats from a few years ago were far more comfortable.

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned a 2008 JKU, a 2014 JK, and now a 2018 JLU Sport S. Just my opinion, the seats keep getting better and better. Honestly never gave a second thought to them being uncomfortable.

For work, I travel every week. In doing so I am forced to rent car after car after car... I’ve driven a vast array of different makes and models and no matter what I end up in, it always feels great to get home and sit in the Jeep.

sprk33

First Name
Joseph Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
I have the leather seats in my Rubicon and I love them.....I just got back from 15.5 hour drive from ocean city MD to Tampa FL....and it it was comfortable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
future ocean blue

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I think the seats are pretty comfortable and I have done a lot of trips of about 1.5 hours and a couple at 2.5 hours. The best thing is to do a test drive.
Took a test drive today. Did about 20 miles in it. seats seemed OK. Drove a base sport with soft top, anti-slip, tow package and automatic. It seemed to handle OK, not a luxury or sports car. But its a jeep not one of those. The stock speakers/radio are not great for a vehicle that can go topless. Wind noise was pretty much what I expected, louder than my car, but with the windows down it's all the same. I could live with it and be happy.

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The seats in my JLU sport are pretty horrible. I’ve owned and leased over 20 cars. The flatness, lack of side bolster support, and firmness are the cause. The seat does have a forward tilt to it as another poster mentioned which is annoying.

I could not daily drive mine. My daily driver is an electric Ford Focus and it feels like I’m getting into a 7 series BMW when I switch in between.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I have the leather seats, thley are horrible, worst ever with the forward tilt and no bolstering. I can't believe they did not fix this in the JLU from the same issue in the JK

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It all depends on the person and their body. I've driven vehicles, for work, 7 hrs a day, 5 days a week and have a few opinions, for me. Crown Vic seats, are terrible. Tahoe seats, are so so. Ford Explorer, are good for the long haul, as long as the seats are adjusted properly. The 2018 JLUS is just fine. I did a few 5 hr drives, without any problems.
Sponsored