Sponsored

How close is you Warn Zeon 10 to grille?

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Maximus 3 winch mount and factory steel bumper. Winch is as far forward as it will go due to hitting frame horns. It’s super close to the grille. Is everyone’s this close?
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Touches both the frame horns and the grill...

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Warn Zeon 10S, factory steel bumper, warn winch plate - at the top of the control box there's about 1 3/4" of clearance. The closest area is at the bottom of the control box and there the clearance is about 3/8" to the grill. It's hard to get down into there to measure though.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
Country JLU

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Warn Zeon 10S, factory steel bumper, warn winch plate - at the top of the control box there's about 1 3/4" of clearance. The closest area is at the bottom of the control box and there the clearance is about 3/8" to the grill. It's hard to get down into there to measure though.

Later,
Johnny
That is exactly how mine is with Maximus plate. I guess it’s so big that’s only place it can go. Thanks!

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
That is exactly how mine is with Maximus plate. I guess it’s so big that’s only place it can go. Thanks!
Well, 3/8" isn't exactly touching like you said in the 3rd post. But, it definitely is tight. ;)

Later,
Johnny

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I have the Maximus 3 winch mount and factory steel bumper. Winch is as far forward as it will go due to hitting frame horns. It’s super close to the grille. Is everyone’s this close?
I have a Motobilt Crusher front bumper and my Zeon 10-S just touches the grille. I put some thick protective film on the grill in attempt to minimize any damage.

OP
OP
Country JLU

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well, 3/8" isn't exactly touching like you said in the 3rd post. But, it definitely is tight. ;)

Later,
Johnny
Please show me where I said mine touched.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
I said mine is touching. RockHard bumper with integrated plate, it touches front and back.

OP
OP
Country JLU

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I said mine is touching. RockHard bumper with integrated plate, it touches front and back.
He must have gotten our very similar names confused. Lol. I think the frame is a little wider than my JK was, but the JK had more room front to back.

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Heh. Yep. And both Ocean Blue. I have no problems on width. But I have no room front and back. I can cut the backside of the frame horns and maybe get 1/4” clearance from the grill.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Please show me where I said mine touched.
Sorry bout that. Too old and confused this morning. (Me, not you.) I'll go back to bed now.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
Country JLU

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Heh. Yep. And both Ocean Blue. I have no problems on width. But I have no room front and back. I can cut the backside of the frame horns and maybe get 1/4” clearance from the grill.
I almost trimmed the horns and moved winch forward as my plate has one more set of holes forward. Was doing lift after winch install and was ready to get started so I left it.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
I almost trimmed the horns and moved winch forward as my plate has one more set of holes forward. Was doing lift after winch install and was ready to get started so I left it.
I needed to get on the road and drive north, so I left it. If I ever have to pull my bumper or winch, I’ll probably do that.
Sponsored