2018DeathTrap

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport unlimited
hi Niteshooter,

i am sure you are correct in one matter you state probably with the lift and tires - FCA will tell me to go pound sand.
The stabilizer or dampener was accomplished at the dealership.
And not a bad idea - think i will get a flame retardant suit. you never know...

Thanks for the comment
Sponsored

OP
OP

2018DeathTrap

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport unlimited
Well, that is California. Don't you know everything kills you in California? For everything killing you and causing cancer, those bastards are thriving:like:
love the comment "everything kills you in California" not really funny but....,

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the incentive? FCA has been selling record numbers of Jeeps. If it becomes a legal issue or if people stop buying Jeeps, maybe...

Right now the financial incentive is with the after market suppliers. Jeep owners have been purchasing after market parts to correct these and other issues.
The incentive should be self-interest: building a long-term, self-sustaining business. But FCA has already shown that it has little interest on anything beyond maximizing this quarter’s profits.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
The incentive should be self-interest: building a long-term, self-sustaining business. But FCA has already shown that it has little interest on anything beyond maximizing this quarter’s profits.
So FCA’s announcements yesterday around the coming hybrid models are not an indication that they’re looking to the future?

And isn’t the merger with PSA all about the scale needed for investment in a future ‘self-sustaining business’?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So FCA’s announcements yesterday around the coming hybrid models are not an indication that they’re looking to the future?

And isn’t the merger with PSA all about the scale needed for investment in a future ‘self-sustaining business’?
No. Any upcoming PHEVs and EVs are simply to meet stricter regulations, particularly in the EU. One can argue that most automakers have a similar attitude. Perhaps, but Marchionne publicly stated he had zero interest in developing alternative powertrains; he would only do if forced to. As a result, FCA has lagged behind everyone else: it had to pay $77M to the EPA for failing to meet US CAFE requirements in 2017; had to scramble to buy $100M in carbon credits from Tesla to avoid getting slapped hefty fines by the EU in 2018; and will end up paying close to $1B for cheating on diesel emissions. With that type of record, I wouldn’t touch any of its new powertrain technologies.

Yes. FCA was running out of time —and cash— and PSA was looking for a partner. Carlos Tavares, the head of PSA, is perhaps the best CEO in the industry at the moment. He will be running the new combined entity, so he should bring a longer-term perspective to FCA. But we are unlikely to see any improvements for at least another year, at the earliest.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
No. Any upcoming PHEVs and EVs are simply to meet stricter regulations, particularly in the EU. One can argue that most automakers have a similar attitude. Perhaps, but Marchionne publicly stated he had zero interest in developing alternative powertrains; he would only do if forced to; as a result, FCA has lagged behind everyone else. With that type of record, I wouldn’t touch any of its new powertrain technologies.

Yes. FCA was running out of time —and cash— and PSA was looking for a partner. Carlos Tavares, the head of PSA, is perhaps the best CEO in the industry at the moment. He will be running the new combined entity, so he should bring a longer-term perspective to FCA. But we are unlikely to see any improvements for at least another year, at the earliest.
So you make the argument that FCA isn’t looking to the future and then finish by saying that improvements will be coming but not for another year. I think you’re a bit confused.

Can you provide a link to show that FCA has been ‘running out of cash?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
No. Any upcoming PHEVs and EVs are simply to meet stricter regulations, particularly in the EU. One can argue that most automakers have a similar attitude. Perhaps, but Marchionne publicly stated he had zero interest in developing alternative powertrains; he would only do if forced to. As a result, FCA has lagged behind everyone else: it had to pay $77M to the EPA for failing to meet US CAFE requirements in 2017; had to scramble to buy $100M in carbon credits from Tesla to avoid getting slapped hefty fines by the EU in 2018; and will end up paying close to $1B for cheating on diesel emissions. With that type of record, I wouldn’t touch any of its new powertrain technologies.

Do you have more info on the diesel issue? I've been involved in the Audi version of the dirty diesel saga and curious as to others impacted. I know Fiat, MB, BMW all were cheating like Audi/VW was but simply didn't get as public as that one did.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for you bro. Wrong place to complain about steering though. You’ll soon figure that out if you haven’t already..

The (2) main responses you’ll get here:

1. It’s designed to be that way (Jeep thing)
2. Fix it yourself and quit bitching it’s just money

You’ll see LOL

At any rate good luck to you!

DA1B7609-A43D-4F5C-A568-4087C2B6BB75.gif

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I feel for you bro. Wrong place to complain about steering though. You’ll soon figure that out if you haven’t already..

You’ll see LOL

You forgot " sell it and get a Prius":like:

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
it had to pay $77M to the EPA for failing to meet US CAFE requirements in 2017; had to scramble to buy $100M in carbon credits from Tesla to avoid getting slapped hefty fines by the EU in 2018; and will end up paying close to $1B for cheating on diesel emissions. With that type of record, I wouldn’t touch any of its new powertrain technologies.

You edited your post to include the above after I replied.

So you ‘wouldn’t touch any of its new powertrain technologies’ because of the costs associated with diesel emissions?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

You’ll see LOL

Well, if you lift it 4" and aren't happy with the steering than it is on you to get it working properly. As someone said above, if the steering locks, stop and get out and see what is binding. You're never going to properly diagnose it otherwise. Same goes for full lock turn with only 7-10 degrees of tire movement.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have more info on the diesel issue? I've been involved in the Audi version of the dirty diesel saga and curious as to others impacted. I know Fiat, MB, BMW all were cheating like Audi/VW was but simply didn't get as public as that one did.
Only what is publicly available:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/07/jeep-ram-diesel-owners-3075-settlement/

https://autoweek.com/article/diesel...tlement-will-include-cash-compensation-owners

The original estimate of $800 million was updated two or three times since it was first announced, hitting an estimate $1 billion at last count.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if you lift it 4" and aren't happy with the steering than it is on you to get it working properly. As someone said above, if the steering locks, stop and get out and see what is binding. You're never going to properly diagnose it otherwise. Same goes for full lock turn with only 7-10 degrees of tire movement.
Did he lift it 4” I didn’t catch that. Either way yeah that would be a contributing factor, otherwise it wouldn’t.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.