Sponsored

How can people afford all the vehicles they list in their profile?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some people show they own vehicles totalling $100,000 to $250,000 or more in their profile. They must be Warren Buffet or Jay Leno relatives because although I'm retired and had high paying professions I don't think I could comfortably afford that much in transportation. And where to keep them? I guess I am either poor or too frugal (my kids call it cheap and that I should spend my money now instead of saving it for them and my grandkids). I guess they can't be Warren Buffet's kids, he still lives in the modest house in Omaha he bought like 40 years ago. But he probably has 2 or 3 vacation homes somewhere else.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are people that make big money. I have a bud that makes 18 grand a week in his business. He still lives in his normal house. The money he spends on drag racing is just silly money.

The doc that operated on my eyes, did 20 operations that day. Lasik, and he charged 4 thousand each 80,000 dollar day.

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
I'm definitely not part of the Warren group. I got lucky with my JLUR I picked it up used with 1900 miles on it. Some lady was in a Raptor thought she was a Jeep person turns out she went back to a Raptor.
There are two types of people on here. Those that can afford to pay someone to put 10K of accessories on a 50K 6 month old rig. And those of us that read, watch, and dream of what we can do. But hey tax returns should be coming in

Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Most of my colleagues live well beyond their means!
There’s this ^^^^
There are also a lot of people that make really good money. A wrangler is still widely considered a “luxury” or discretionary purchase. So people that can afford a 50k rubicon as a third vehicle probably have some cash to throw around.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I pay for all my toys through my artwork that I sell. Half to toys and the other half towards my son’s education fund. I don’t touch the money from my daily profession.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I just have old cars. My poor math tells me that I don’t lose the depreciation until I sell a car. Perfectly running car and the trade in is a joke. I rather keep them. :headbang:

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
They are on Welfare don't you know! Our Tax dollars pay for their vehicle!!! LOL!!!!
You jest, but... have any of you guys seen those (exploitative-yet-must-see) shows like “My 600lb life,” “Family by the Ton,” or “Hoarders?” How can a person can be bed ridden and jobless, but afford to eat 18,000 calories a day? I saw a few minutes of last nights’s episode of “Hoarders” - lady had THREE houses, all hoarded to the ceiling, and all in posh neighborhoods. Her “career” was selling junk on Craig’s List.

I’m doing something wrong by working my ass off, apparently.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
You jest, but... have any of you guys seen those (exploitative-yet-must-see) shows like “My 600lb life,” “Family by the Ton,” or “Hoarders?” How can a person can be bed ridden and jobless, but afford to eat 18,000 calories a day? I saw a few minutes of last nights’s episode of “Hoarders” - lady had THREE houses, all hoarded to the ceiling, and all in posh neighborhoods. Her “career” was selling junk on Craig’s List.
No Sir, I for one refuse to watch TV, because shit like that is on it...or the news

I stopped giving a poo about what others have a long time ago.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic

I’m doing something wrong by working my ass off, apparently.
Apparently we all are doing something wrong if people like that can stay at home, have all their bills paid and not work. :(

rbjeepthing

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JK, 2007 JKU, 1995 Jeep YJ
I don't make a ton of money, my wife makes double what I do but doesn't support modding vehicles so I buy ones and part them out to support my hobby.

My biggest issue is insurance, there are only two of us in the household with clean records and being over the age of 35 we still pay just over $500 a month for all the rides. Another thing is two of my vehicles are paid for through the business I work for which helps as well.

1995 YJ on tons (rock crawler)
2001 GMC 2500 Duramax (tow rig)
2008 Audi A4 S Line (daily driver)
2007 Jeep JKU on 40's (company vehicle)
2018 JK on 35's (wife's daily)
2018 JLU on 37's (company vehicle)

The only one we owe on is the wife's JK and that was simply due to the fact it was bought the last weekend they were taking orders and offered 0% financing on 8 years. No point on giving up that equity when purchasing. I was homeless and broke in my teenage years. Hitting rock bottom makes you appreciate things more and take care of things. It also teaches you to be very smart with your financial situation. We live of cash via a strict budget, if it isn't there you can't spend it.
Sponsored