Sponsored

How can people afford all the vehicles they list in their profile?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
There's another way. Older age helps and expenses are a factor. A guy making half what I make but with 0, 1, or even 2 kids can probably afford more than me. I have 9 kids and require lots of $$ to raise them, so I can't spend too much on cars, although I did with this JL. I'll be keeping it like Cubans keep Chevys, though. Once these boogers are out of the house, I'll feel financially rich!

Keep this in mind. There are people with incredible amounts of money who are very unhappy, and are unable to buy their way out of it. If you are able to be content with what you make and have, you have good health, love in your life, and have hope, then you are rich beyond measure, even if you can't afford a nice car or Jeep.
9 kids? Wow. You and your spouse must have lots of patience! I can barely manage 1 lol
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know a guy who owns a pharmaceutical company. He is about 40 and with millions. I mean really , really rich.
He drives an old Prius. He doesn’t dress in fancy clothes or live in an over the top house.
Doesn’t feel the need.
There are people that need to show they are successful to the world. Others are comfortable not having to put on the display.
There are some folks that enjoy the hobby of lots of cars and they can afford it. And others that are in debt up to their eyeballs.
Never judge a book by its cover.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was taking with a guy that works at a Cadillac dealership and he stated that about 80% of the Cadillacs were bought with cash....meaning not financed.
Young people today have money. It amazes me. Especially these tech kids. Making hifh six figures right out of college.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
9 kids? Wow. You and your spouse must have lots of patience! I can barely manage 1 lol
I think my wife's patience is tested more by me than by the kids, Lol!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Well first off I have a greater Job, I own 8 Oil & Gas leases. And no I don't lease a vehicle I consider that a waste of money. All my vehicle I put miles on.
Plus I'm retired military and my Spouse is a GS 15.
I do the Stock Market.

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You jest, but... have any of you guys seen those (exploitative-yet-must-see) shows like “My 600lb life,” “Family by the Ton,” or “Hoarders?” How can a person can be bed ridden and jobless, but afford to eat 18,000 calories a day? I saw a few minutes of last nights’s episode of “Hoarders” - lady had THREE houses, all hoarded to the ceiling, and all in posh neighborhoods. Her “career” was selling junk on Craig’s List.

I’m doing something wrong by working my ass off, apparently.
They are all on welfare or SSI and claim some type of mental disorder so the Government takes care of them with our tax dollars. I'm serious, I've talked to someone whose job it is to do the paperwork and they openly try to get as many people on welfare or SSI so their numbers look good and they look like they are doing a good job.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
They are all on welfare or SSI and claim some type of mental disorder so the Government takes care of them with our tax dollars. I'm serious, I've talked to someone whose job it is to do the paperwork and they openly try to get as many people on welfare or SSI so their numbers look good and they look like they are doing a good job.
:angry:

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Hey now I got a bad back. I’m just glad it doesn’t bother when I hunt or fish or take the Jeep Offroad.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
The bigger question would be how long could those guys make it if they lost their job today. If you have payments on a 400k mortgage, 60k Jeep and xxxxx other vehicles. Your actual net worth is less than my teenage son. Funny but the upper middle class ( not rich ) have more money tied up vehicle than say a cattle farmer or hedge fund manager who has all his assets tied up In Investments or land. My wife is a real estate appraiser and I am amazed at all the people who have a net worth that is 1-10 million but live like the average joe next door. Those guy with the cars and all the show are usually drowning in debt trying to buy happiness....

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I’m just living paycheck to paycheck making decisions on food, auto loan payment, or new Jeep mod.

Just kidding. We’re all in a different phase of life here. Some of us have priorities such as young kids and college funds, some others college loans, some others the Jeep was their dream vehicle and they saved for years, and then some other like me who are soon to be empty nesters where the priorities shift until the grand kids come, so need to take advantage of life before more little ones show up.

Owning a Porsche is my dream car, Cayman 718 GTS to be exact. Will probably buy a lightly used one just to make it affordable.

Also, for us in our 40’s the priority was paying off a mortgage, however most millennials don’t care about that and typically rent which allows them the flexibility to relocate and change jobs more often. Plus have you seen all the rich dudes with you tube channels.
Sponsored