Sponsored

How can I turn off this ridiculous 3 honk feature when leaving my car running? It's driving me nucking futs!

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
I am not sure if it will, but possibly a Tazer? I do not believe there is an option within the screen to turn that off.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Weather alerts are worse
Don't think I've even got one of those to pop up in my Jeep yet, but yeah, they can be annoying.

Had a moving thunderstorm pop up dozens of alerts in a few minutes for several random locations spanning across a 100-mile region. Of course it was basically clear where I was driving.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Don't think I've even got one of those to pop up in my Jeep yet, but yeah, they can be annoying.

Had a moving thunderstorm pop up dozens of alerts in a few minutes for several random locations spanning across a 100-mile region. Of course it was basically clear where I was driving.
Youā€™re very lucky, I live in Southern California and itā€™s giving me warnings constantly feels like. Lol mostly wind, but thereā€™s always some disaster going on here. Lol.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Weather alerts are worse

You can disable weather alerts with JScan and Taser. Also, being Canadian as well, lol. We dont get them up here.

Put your horn on one of the Aux switches.
Ya, the CANBUS may have a small issue with that. See the massive thread posted above.

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
edit-correction:
DANG-- after I posted I started wondering if I really had left it running and not heard chirps so I tested tonight, and it still chirps. Blocking the seat belt didn't eliminate the chirps. Eliminates other annoying noise but the 3-chirp is still there.

I put a short seatbelt extender in the seatbelt latch for an unrelated reason (to eliminate the beep-beep-beep telling me to put on the seat belt--I always drive with a seatbelt but can't stand the beeping reminders).

Anyway, after working on my Jeep a bit, hopping in and out while it was running, I noticed I had not been hearing that 3-chirp horn. I guess the 3-chirp sensor assumes you're in the Jeep if the seatbelt is attached.

btw, I had to try a couple different seatbelt extenders to find one that seems quite solid and is tested for safety if the seatbelt is needed. One I purchased was cheaply made and I had no confidence it would be safe in a collision even though it clicked into place just fine. When you browse these in Amazon you find they disappear from sale quite quickly, and reappear under a different brand name. I'm guessing that has something to do with manufacturers avoiding liability for cheap products people will use in an application that is supposed to prevent injury during a collision.

Last edited:

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
The latest taser mini software update allows you to disable the honking when you get out of it while running.

Sponsored

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
Weather alerts are worse
You can disable the weather alerts in the Uconnect settings thankfully.

After a few weeks of being annoyed by them (Yes I know it's going to snow- No, I don't need my car to tell me that) I found it in the Uconnect settings I think under something weird like 'Display'? I have to double check...

But yeah I hate the 3 'idiot' honks too! I had to drop my two kiddos off and left the jeep 'on' because I would only be a minute, and it honked 3 times FOR EVERY DOOR I OPENED AND CLOSED which was 3 of them PLUS the tailgate. That's 12 honks!! Holy hell... :mad::swear::CWL:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You can disable the weather alerts in the Uconnect settings thankfully.

After a few weeks of being annoyed by them (Yes I know it's going to snow- No, I don't need my car to tell me that) I found it in the Uconnect settings I think under something weird like 'Display'? I have to double check...

But yeah I hate the 3 'idiot' honks too! I had to drop my two kiddos off and left the jeep 'on' because I would only be a minute, and it honked 3 times FOR EVERY DOOR I OPENED AND CLOSED which was 3 of them PLUS the tailgate. That's 12 honks!! Holy hell... :mad::swear::CWL:
@RockymtnJL

You are mistaken ..... You cannot disable Weather Alerts in UConnect settings.

Tazer JL and JSCAN can disable SiriusXM Travel Link, which turns off the weather pop-ups ans also disables SiriusXM Traffic information

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
I've gotten into the habit of leaving my drivers door slightly ajar. So the Jeep still thinks a door is open. Therefore all others doors/swinggate can be closed properly.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've gotten into the habit of leaving my drivers door slightly ajar. So the Jeep still thinks a door is open. Therefore all others doors/swinggate can be closed properly.
Iā€™ve done the same. Would like to disable the honk thing but I donā€™t feel the need to spend money on a tazer. I live with it. Sucks though. Dealer was kind enough to program and disable the seatbelt chime but could not find the setting for the triple honk.

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
@RockymtnJL

You are mistaken ..... You cannot disable Weather Alerts in UConnect settings.

Tazer JL and JSCAN can disable SiriusXM Travel Link, which turns off the weather pop-ups ans also disables SiriusXM Traffic information
sure about that?

Jeep Wrangler JL How can I turn off this ridiculous 3 honk feature when leaving my car running?  It's driving me nucking futs! D602B53B-C439-49C1-900A-D8D3BB7F2889
Sponsored