Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
But several people have screwed up theirs. Why risk it for a tiny !ittle bit of viewing space.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
After reading this last night I went right outside and flipped mine right over. I used a little pressure pushing up on the windshield trim and gently pushed past it. Nothing came apart. I wish everything was that easy.

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
Ditto. I was searching the forum for rearview mirror options that mount higher and found this thread. I went to the garage and rotated the mirror in about 10 seconds. I was careful to push up on the trim and it slid past without problem. [2019 JL 2 Door, no dimmer]

But several people have screwed up theirs. Why risk it for a tiny !ittle bit of viewing space.
I wouldn't call if a little bit of viewing space. It makes a big difference, IMO.

lbstreet66

First Name
Laron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Reading through this post, I decided to give it a try. Like others, this was my big complaint about my JL. It was about 10 seconds to fix. just rotate the mirror, (You will have to slightly push up on the plastic panel above the mirror. But the mirror will rotate. Thank you all for your posts. I'm thrilled with the results of such a quick (and free) upgrade!

Before.JPG
After.JPG

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Because if your around 6' tall the mirror makes for a treacherous blind spot at intersections. Sport models don't have auto dimming so no wires and it's also a smaller housing so it only touches a little when rotating. No removal necessary, just spin it around. Sport for the win! :)

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Flipped mine at a stoplight yesterday. Love it.
I flipped mine at a stop light too! Probably one of the only 'mods' you can do at a stop light.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just attempted flipping my mirror and regret it, but hopefully I’m doing something wrong.

I broke free the ball socket and the arm. I haven’t attempted to get the arm back in, but at least there’s some instruction for that. I tried for about 15 minutes to push the mirror back into the ball socket with absolutely not even a hint of luck. My hands and wrists are hurting.

Anyone? Any advice?

IMG_2340.JPG

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So, I fixed my issue with the ball socket. There’s a spring that goes around the collar which is what holds the ball in...and keeps it from going back in without a hernia. Take a screwdriver or something and pop the spring out where I put the red arrow. Once the spring is out you can easily push the ball back in. Once the ball is back in you can push the spring back into place working around it until it’s in.
To reattach the stalk you need to push it up and in with the mirror facing you then rotate the it 90* to where it belongs. That’s described earlier in this thread and in a linked thread.
PAIN IN THE ASS!

977FD55B-FDBB-4D0C-AEC5-49E3872693AD.jpeg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
How can I flip the rearview mirror? Does it just pop off the ball mount? I'm feeling a fair amount of resistance and am scared I'll break something if I pull too hard.

Anyone done this yet?

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Jeeze. I have a 2019 and had a 2018. Just spun them around a little push and no problem

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I just took the whole assembly off.
It doesn’t show me anything my side mirrors don’t already.
Years of driving loaded trucks.
Wasn’t much inclined to look at it anyway.
Beautiful, unrestricted view through windshield.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just took the whole assembly off.
It doesn’t show me anything my side mirrors don’t already.
Years of driving loaded trucks.
Wasn’t much inclined to look at it anyway.
Beautiful, unrestricted view through windshield.
Yeah, the few days of not having the mirror I didn't miss it that much. It would have liked it more without, but I have the big box for the radar and a dash cam.
Sponsored