Sponsored

How 'bout some Kudos for members that go well above & beyond to help us all!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Glad to see the list has Rhinebeck and Chocolate Thunder. Those guys are like frickin human encyclopedias.
I have pulled up the bourbon thread a couple times while shopping due to Chocolate Thunder......

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of the off the top of the head names have been mentioned. Definitely can't forget about
@Moto_21
@rustyshakelford
@Tech Tim

There's always a natural "changing of the guards" on these forums. Lots of great and helpful folk that either stop posting or get banned. Quick examples of each.
@TTEChris
@Sean K.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
A lot of the off the top of the head names have been mentioned. Definitely can't forget about
@Moto_21
@rustyshakelford
@Tech Tim

There's always a natural "changing of the guards" on these forums. Lots of great and helpful folk that either stop posting or get banned. Quick examples of each.
@TTEChris
@Sean K.
Way too many great ones around here to remember them all, I'm going to stop adding to my list and let those that have others that have made a mark on them keep the thread alive, thanks all for everything!
And @MORTON will be my last addition, but I'll keep it here lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick shout out to the following that have really helped along the way, or showed new knowledge that I wasn't aware of. I know there's much more than a few that are glossed over, and for that I'm sorry, but just a big thanks to:
@AnnDee4444
@wibornz
@chevymitchell
@DadJokes
@CarbonSteel
@DanW
@Headbarcode
@entropy
@Notorious
@Rhinebeck01
@Roky
@Chocolate Thunder (had to add you, and you know why :) )
@DOOKEY
@oceanblue2019
@sourdough
@limeade

Post up any guys & gals that have made your Jeep better through their info on the site, I'm sure they'd appreciate it, even though I doubt they'd admit it :)
I've got a feeling I'll be editing this post :)
Many thanks @blnewt! As a first time Jeep owner, I quickly dived into the fray and just want to pay it forward whenever I can.

Thanks to all those in the list above and I will add a few more:

@rustyshakelford
@TTEChris
@jaydub
@Moto_21
@MarkY3130
@limeade

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
A little perspective from my side of the kudos.

I'd feel bad if I didn't make the list. The best part of my life started because I decided to help others. A short back story...

My first Jeep was the first vehicle that I ever changed my own oil on. Then I pinched the muffler playing off road and started looking into forums for answers. Back then it was Jeepsunlimited. A fellow Jeeper named Eli decided to point me in the right direction for a solution. Who knew he'd end up being the best man at my wedding?

Fast forward a few years and I ended up running around town with another buddy of mine and we stopped to eat some BBQ. The manager of the restaurant opted to buy our lunch if he could ask us some questions about his Jeep. He saw ours in the parking lot and needed some guidance. We told him to bring it over and we'd get it fixed. Who knew through offering to help I'd end up meeting my wife and best friend?

I met my wife and with the Jeep thing we have gone on some pretty awesome adventures. Including 3 years ago today when we were on a vacation to Colorado and Moab with our newly purchased JL. That trip would uproot our lives from KS and move us where we are now in Colorado. I wake up every morning and get to see the mountains. I don't miss the opportunity. For a flat land home grown Kansas boy I just find it exceptional. Who knew that by moving to CO I'd have the opportunity to scratch at real happiness?

I think it is great that others find my info and humor helpful. The way I see it... I have to help others. The best people, the best adventures, the best happiness has come to me from being available to others and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd feel bad knowing what I know now had I turned off other people. Who knows what's right around the next corner?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
As a first time Jeep owner, I came on here with a lot of stupid newb questions to expand my knowledge and look at some awesome rigs but what became the best part was interacting with all of you. Can’t say it enough, lots of good people on here.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Way too many great ones around here to remember them all, I'm going to stop adding to my list and let those that have others that have made a mark on them keep the thread alive, thanks all for everything!
And @MORTON will be my last addition, but I'll keep it here lol
Thanks brother! Much appreciated! I would have to agree way too many to list but I’ll start with @X99104 he has always went out of his way to help me sometimes even 5+ hrs out of his way haha!

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
A little perspective from my side of the kudos.

I'd feel bad if I didn't make the list. The best part of my life started because I decided to help others. A short back story...

My first Jeep was the first vehicle that I ever changed my own oil on. Then I pinched the muffler playing off road and started looking into forums for answers. Back then it was Jeepsunlimited. A fellow Jeeper named Eli decided to point me in the right direction for a solution. Who knew he'd end up being the best man at my wedding?

Fast forward a few years and I ended up running around town with another buddy of mine and we stopped to eat some BBQ. The manager of the restaurant opted to buy our lunch if he could ask us some questions about his Jeep. He saw ours in the parking lot and needed some guidance. We told him to bring it over and we'd get it fixed. Who knew through offering to help I'd end up meeting my wife and best friend?

I met my wife and with the Jeep thing we have gone on some pretty awesome adventures. Including 3 years ago today when we were on a vacation to Colorado and Moab with our newly purchased JL. That trip would uproot our lives from KS and move us where we are now in Colorado. I wake up every morning and get to see the mountains. I don't miss the opportunity. For a flat land home grown Kansas boy I just find it exceptional. Who knew that by moving to CO I'd have the opportunity to scratch at real happiness?

I think it is great that others find my info and humor helpful. The way I see it... I have to help others. The best people, the best adventures, the best happiness has come to me from being available to others and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd feel bad knowing what I know now had I turned off other people. Who knows what's right around the next corner?

You are right. You never know when and where you'll meet special people.

As for being on this list, The way I look at it is if you have helped a fellow Jeeper at some point you should be proud. Even though you may at the time think it isn't a big deal, any help is appreciated at the right time. There are many on this list, even though I haven't spoken to, that have helped me. This thread is a good way to throw out a deserved "Thank You" to those people.

@MORTON and I met when I sold him a Hardtop. I remember meeting him half way between our houses (2 1/2 to 3hrs for each of us) Neither of us were expecting rain. We ended up using a bank drive-thru to put the Hard top his Jeep. I admit I was hosed. I really didn't want to drive a month old Jeep through the rain for hours. He was kind enough to loan me his soft top even though we only had met that day and lived 400 miles away from each other.
Through conversation I learned his plans for his Jeep. I was able to help him out by picking up a Rubicon suspension in SC before returning his soft top to him. We planned an event to go wheeling down in FL. Unfortunately the rear axle had gone out in his Jeep so we ended up wheeling in just my Jeep. I got to meet his family, @Roky and many of the Jeepers from FL. A good time was had by all.
He and I planned on Jeep Beach this year but circumstances out of our control caused him to have to be out of town for the week. He graciously allowed me to stay at his house and expected nothing in return. He even set up other Jeepers for me to meet up with while I was there. He has become one of the few people I'll throw my Jeep keys to and not worry. One of these days we will be able to take both Jeeps out at the same time. @Roky helped me with making choices for what tires to run on my Jeep and has a wealth of knowledge.
Sponsored

Last edited: