Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody!

I'm rolling in a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited,

Looking to go with either

22x12.5 35" or 20x12.5 35"

Would these fit no problem?

Also would I need a reinforcement gate for my 5th wheel as well?

TIA

20190607_152549.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would recommend the reinforced tire carrier for wheels/tires that size.Great looking Jeep. I think it looks best with 17" wheels but to each his own.

Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
Do you take it off road at all? If so, you really should not go above 17" or 18" wheels. You want/need the additional sidewall for a variety of reasons. The biggest concern likely would be the ease to roll the tire off the wheel if you air down. If you just want the look and don't do anything more than fire road type trail rides you are probably fine at 20" or 22" inches.

Mojito St Pete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR - Previously 2014 BMW 335i, 2011 Exo X, 2007 WRX
I think there might be a thread or two on this very topic....

OP
OP
JohnnyJeepSales

JohnnyJeepSales

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you take it off road at all? If so, you really should not go above 17" or 18" wheels. You want/need the additional sidewall for a variety of reasons. The biggest concern likely would be the ease to roll the tire off the wheel if you air down. If you just want the look and don't do anything more than fire road type trail rides you are probably fine at 20" or 22" inches.
Thank you, I dont do heavy off reading anymore with my new Jeep. This will be strictly for riding around, thank you!

Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
Thank you, I dont do heavy off reading anymore with my new Jeep. This will be strictly for riding around, thank you!
If you look at Discount Tire Direct they have a number of 20” and 22” wheels that they show fit a JL Rubicon. 35” tall tires also fit on a stock Rubicon with the high line fenders. You generally won’t have any rubbing. Where people run into problems, and this is way Jeep recommends a 2” lift, is off road you can rub articulating the suspension. I believe the main problems are rubbing the top of the fenders because your bump stops are too short for 35” tires. One was mod is to add additional bump stops to account for the two inches. The problem there is you loose travel and you could even bottom out on the street going over big bumps (like rail road tracks) causing a harsher ride). But if you aren’t taking it off road like you say, then you likely won’t have these problems just running the stock suspension.

OP
OP
JohnnyJeepSales

JohnnyJeepSales

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at Discount Tire Direct they have a number of 20” and 22” wheels that they show fit a JL Rubicon. 35” tall tires also fit on a stock Rubicon with the high line fenders. You generally won’t have any rubbing. Where people run into problems, and this is way Jeep recommends a 2” lift, is off road you can rub articulating the suspension. I believe the main problems are rubbing the top of the fenders because your bump stops are too short for 35” tires. One was mod is to add additional bump stops to account for the two inches. The problem there is you loose travel and you could even bottom out on the street going over big bumps (like rail road tracks) causing a harsher ride). But if you aren’t taking it off road like you say, then you likely won’t have these problems just running the stock suspension.
Thanks for the info, I am going to going to with BFG KO2 TA 35"x12.5R20...22s might just be a little overkill
Sponsored