Sponsored

How best to approach a dealer with an employee discount?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hey folks,

I have access to a Chrysler employee discount via a close relative. I was wondering how best to approach a dealer with the employee discount.

On the one hand, I'm worried that if I tell them up front, they will just mark up their starting price by the amount of the employee discount, then apply the employee discount to that price, and voila, I just get the regular price but think I'm getting a deal.

On the other hand, I feel guilty about negotiating a price on everything and then springing the employee discount on the salesperson at the last moment.

Also, I'm in Canada. Does anyone know how Chrysler employee discounts work up here, and is it any different than how it works in the States?

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me on how to properly approach this. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Hey folks,

I have access to a Chrysler employee discount via a close relative. I was wondering how best to approach a dealer with the employee discount.

On the one hand, I'm worried that if I tell them up front, they will just mark up their starting price by the amount of the employee discount, then apply the employee discount to that price, and voila, I just get the regular price but think I'm getting a deal.

On the other hand, I feel guilty about negotiating a price on everything and then springing the employee discount on the salesperson at the last moment.

Also, I'm in Canada. Does anyone know how Chrysler employee discounts work up here, and is it any different than how it works in the States?

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me on how to properly approach this. Thanks in advance.
I dont know the answer to your questions, but as far as I understand, employee pricing is a guaranteed percentage off invoice (like tread lightly). Basically, I dont think it matters how much they try to set the starting price, because invoice is set by FCA, not the dealer.

Secondarily to that, if you have access to multiple dealers you can buy from, I would just be up front about the employee pricing info. I would reach out to every available dealer and let them know you are talking to other dealers as well. That way (hopefully) one of them will want the sale more than the others and negotiate below the employee pricing. This is exactly what I will be doing when shopping for a JLU because I have tread lightly. Obviously, my home town dealer (10 mins from my house) would be the most convenient to buy from, but I probably have 10+ dealers I could buy from with in a 2 hour driving radius. They will all be competing against each other for my business, which ever is willing to give me the best deal will get my business. If none will come down below the 1% under invoice, I will buy from the local dealer just because is more convenient.

good luck!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Your contact should give you access to a code that will show EPP on the Website so you cana shop features, and then print out the config and take it to the dealer (yes I know paper is sooo 2000&late , but it helps to write down stuff during negotiations, and to keep the dealer focus on agreed items instead of drifting to something they prefer).

My Fleet pricing is very similar, and even then I use this pricing as our ‘no effort’ maximum price with which to start discussions and then work downward from there, usually getting a few hundred bucks less and a few free Service add-ons (like free Nitrogen in the tyres and free first Winter tyre change & balance, all free oil changes as Synthetic), think of the Employee Price as a guide, but without that supporting info, they won’t just give it to you.

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
When you pull your "control number" from the Chrysler affiliates website, you will receive the instructions below. The "PP" price is listed on the dealer invoice. They dealer is obligated to provide you with a copy of the vehicle invoice. If your trading in a vehicle, I would negotiate the trade in value before informing them that you are eligible for a discount. Otherwise there is nothing to negotiate (except maybe labor on the all the aftermarket Mopar mods you buy). Good luck!!

Welcome to Affiliate Rewards! By generating this Control Number, you've taken your first step toward an incredible deal on your next purchase or lease of eligible new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, and FIAT® Brand vehicles. Now let's get you behind the wheel! Follow these easy steps:

• Take your Control Number—along with a company ID, recent paycheck stub, or W-2 form as proof of your eligibility—to a participating U.S. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram dealership or FIAT Studio. Find dealers in your area here; give them a call to confirm they participate in Affiliate Rewards.
  • Receive the Preferred Price of 1% below dealer invoice. You can ask to see the vehicle invoice, where this price ("PP") is listed. A $75 administration fee is already included in this price.
  • Combine the Preferred Price with other current incentives. To find out what incentives are available, call Affiliate Rewards Program Headquarters at 1.888.444.4321.
  • Hit the road!
Sponsored