How Badly did I inflate my mileage

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Only a tad over 10%, unlikely to get someone a ticket unless they are already pushing the limit of their local PD’s tolerance.
considering most people push the limits of the posted speed limit by about 10 mph on average(at least here in California) that would easily put you into ticket area pretty easily.

I noticed just being off like a half inch on my tazer settings added like 4 mph at higher speeds
that 10% could get you in trouble if you thought you were only going 70, but were really doing 77
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
considering most people push the limits of the posted speed limit by about 10 mph on average(at least here in California) that would easily put you into ticket area pretty easily.

I noticed just being off like a half inch on my tazer settings added like 4 mph at higher speeds
that 10% could get you in trouble if you thought you were only going 70, but were really doing 77
Where TF can you do 77mph on California highways?
J/k, I lived there for about 6 years and loved it (except the traffic).
I would hope someone who knows they changed tires would drive conservatively, and it really does come down to personal responsibility to me. No tears shed by me for speeding tickets to someone who modified their vehicle without considering knock-on impacts.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Where TF can you do 77mph on California highways?
J/k, I lived there for about 6 years and loved it (except the traffic).
I would hope someone who knows they changed tires would drive conservatively, and it really does come down to personal responsibility to me. No tears shed by me for speeding tickets to someone who modified their vehicle without considering knock-on impacts.
you'd be surprised these days... you're getting ran over over these days if your only doing 77 on some of these freeways like the 15 on most stretches...lol

just sayin, it seems a bit. lazy to wait 8,000 miles before calibrating the new tire size, unless your trying to keep the miles lower on purpose :fingerscrossed:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
So I put 35s on my JL Sport-S about 6k miles ago. However, I didn't do the calibration for the tires until now 14k-miles. Just wondering how much false miles are on there now?
Others have answered your question. As a side note, I use to block new vehicle warranties for this issue since the actual mileage can not be determined. So be careful. On my Rubicon, I replaced the 33s with 35s but I was at the dealer the next day to have the odometer/speedometer recalibrated for the new, larger tire size. The dealer charged $120 and gave me a recalibration document and entered the change into FCA's database.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The good news is that your fuel efficiency just increased by about the same % without having to use premium grade XYZ.

Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
you'd be surprised these days... you're getting ran over over these days if your only doing 77 on some of these freeways like the 15 on most stretches...lol

just sayin, it seems a bit. lazy to wait 8,000 miles before calibrating the new tire size, unless your trying to keep the miles lower on purpose :fingerscrossed:
Its been 26,000km for me without spedometer recalibration. I dont see a point because for some reason i never get stopped for speeding. My day is coming when i do, but the dealership sold me a vehicle without an accurate spedometer, and didnt disclose the fact they didnt recalibrate it after lifting it. That was trashy of them.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well I think I got ripped off yesterday on the tire calibration. I was told over the phone that it would cost me about $130 for the calibration. After dropping it off the dealership calls me and says it's gonna cost me $336.00, because they have to do a download and that's the charge in the computer for the 2021 JLs (mind you I also have a 2019 JL and the cost was about 130.00). So I get there to pick it up and the guys says "Oh, we signed you up for a service warranty that ends tomorrow. The warranty allows you to get future software updates for free/lifetime, and that's the extra $186.00 charge you see on the invoice. Yeah this ends tomorrow so we signed you up so that you don't miss out." So, the dealership just volunteered me to pay an extra $186.00 wtf. You can see the (CSLSC) charge on the invoice. To tell you the truth I don't even understand what the guy was telling me about the extra $186. My depiction above is only my best approximation of the vague crap that the guy told me. Anyone else come across this.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well I think I got ripped off yesterday on the tire calibration. I was told over the phone that it would cost me about $130 for the calibration. After dropping it off the dealership calls me and says it's gonna cost me $336.00, because they have to do a download and that's the charge in the computer for the 2021 JLs (mind you I also have a 2019 JL and the cost was about 130.00). So I get there to pick it up and the guys says "Oh, we signed you up for a service warranty that ends tomorrow. The warranty allows you to get future software updates for free/lifetime, and that's the extra $186.00 charge you see on the invoice. Yeah this ends tomorrow so we signed you up so that you don't miss out." So, the dealership just volunteered me to pay an extra $186.00 wtf. You can see the (CSLSC) charge on the invoice. To tell you the truth I don't even understand what the guy was telling me about the extra $186. My depiction above is only my best approximation of the vague crap that the guy told me. Anyone else come across this.
IMG_20210813_111944.jpg

IMG_20210813_112031~2.jpg
Sponsored