Sponsored

How bad is this deal?

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
If you're looking at the 4Xe though, I read that orders have been delayed lately. You might be getting a 2022.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Another one here for Gupton. You're in Mississippi so not too far. I ordered with Daniel on 5/18, JLUR arrived at the dealer 6/3, yesterday. Crazy turnaround time. MSRP was $56,026. Here's the deal I got.
Screenshot_20210604-180055.png
Beautiful! Brings a tear to my eye. Almost makes me wish I was buying a jeep again.

kej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Depends where you are located. When I bought my JLUR in Northern California last month none of the Northern California dealers would consider less than MSRP. They said Wranglers are never discounted and usually sold at a premium but as a special favor to me they would sell at MSRP. But a Nevada dealer offered me about 5% off MSRP.

The big dealer in Idaho offered me 12% off MSRP on an ordered Jeep with Tread Lightly, mandatory financing which could not be prepaid for a period of time, and of course the wait & travel. No one would talk about % off invoice.

I was ready to order from Idaho when I got 4% off MSRP from a local dealer using the Costco discount. Also 3yr 0% financing from FCA (which ended 5/21). I figured this added another 6% off MSRP and made it close enough that it wasn't worth going to Idaho. I would have bought from Idaho if not for the 0% financing.

The JLUR was on the Rubicon today (admittedly just to Blackwood Canyon Rd from the East side) and I still haven't paid a penny for it yet. So much better than my 14yr old JK.

Also it is replacing two 2007 vehicles. In this market the Toyota Sequoia was supposed to be worth $10K (per Edmunds and Kelly) and I sold it in 15 minutes for $13K (should have asked more). My JK is also worth $10K (per Edmunds and Kelly) exactly what I paid for it used 7yrs ago and I am expecting to get $3-4K more. Crazy.

So I will make up on the used cars more than any premium I paid on the JLUR. And the JLUR is nice ...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I advise buying from any of the mentioned forum friendly dealers unless one has a personal relationship with the local dealer. If so and it’s convenient to spend more money to keep it local, by all means do it.

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
It would be worth your time to call Steve Boeckmann @MinerSteve with Jim Butler in Linn. I talked to him a couple days ago, and he was still 7% under invoice plus $199 fee for custom orders with tread lightly, and finance through them,. I think he even drives to St. Louis to meet customers from out of town. Good luck,

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Some good data in this thread. Just know if you are buying now, it's probably not the most ideal time for cost savings. If you need something right now, easy decision. I just need word if the 2022's are on hold, then I can move forward.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Just sold my 2014 Sahara and looking to buy or order a new Jeep. Found one exactly like I want within a couple hundred miles drive from me here in Mississippi but it just seems like a bad deal. I know the current situation with shortages and semiconductor issues. Here is the info:

2021 Sahara Altitude Sky One touch top
$55,920 - Sticker price
$595- Dealer Prep Fees
$56,515 - Final Sticker Price
-$1,000 - Dealer Discount
$799 - DOC Fee
$2815.70- Taxes
$59,129.70- Total Price

Invoice price on this Jeep is $52,700. I see many people on the forum that have ordered recently saying they are still getting below invoice pricing. I would order one from a reputable dealer and fly in and get it if it would save me several thousand dollars. It is not a primary vehicle. What do you think?
Let me say it! SHITTY NO DEAL

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Sold JLU to Carvana for same price I paid in 2018. Ordered Mojave at 8.8% under invoice (including $1000 rebate) and dumped JLU $ into it. Win.

Ordered JL Willys Sport for my daughter right after that for 7% under invoice. Gotta sell her car and pay off the loan. It has no rear bumper and I think it's still easy to sell to Vroom/Carmax/Carvana in today's market. Pay off the loan. Another win in my book. I'm taking advantage of this unique time we're in.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Seems high. I just priced one out through costo and it was considerably less than that.
I got my last Wrangler through Costo's program it was a few grand less than the dealers were willing to do and it was also pretty painless.

OP
OP

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
Another one here for Gupton. You're in Mississippi so not too far. I ordered with Daniel on 5/18, JLUR arrived at the dealer 6/3, yesterday. Crazy turnaround time. MSRP was $56,026. Here's the deal I got.
Screenshot_20210604-180055.png
I called and spoke with Renee yesterday at Gupton. So friendly and transparent about everything. I am working on a build for her to quote.

Sponsored

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
I just recently checked the web site of a large Jeep dealership not too far from where I live (they are located on the south shore in MA) and they've added a $1500+ "Market Adjustment" upcharge to ALL JLU's listed on their site.

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
In Southern California and got both our jeeps out of state in early 2018 for about 7% under invoice while local dealers had markups over MSRP. Never talked MSRP during purchase and wouldn’t have thought about it except it’s on the window sticker with my name on it saying it was built for me. - Helped my brother in law last year do an in state purchase of an on the lot vehicle also for under invoice.

No haggling, just a couple of emails and a little patience. Haven’t paid MSRP for anything (various VW, MINI, BMW, Toyota’s) since I was 22 and got my first new car and happily paid what the dealer wanted me to pay because it was shiny and nice and I didn’t know any better.

If you absolutely HAVE to get a car TODAY and buying off the local lot for MSRP is your only option, it happens I suppose? Have thankfully never been in that situation. But if you can take a couple of days (hours??) to do a little research, might be worth your while. That being said…

I used to feel bad when I’d see dealer plates or markings from local dealers I knew hosed buyers. Reading some of the responses here, more power to those dealers I guess.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
We just picked up our new 80th anniversary JLU from Gupton Motors in Springfield TN. They will order at 8% under invoice if you have a tread lightly control number and finance with them

YoShaunO

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ecoDiesel
@JeepRx l don’t know if there’s one closer (probably, check the list), but if not then talk to someone at Gupton in Springfield, TN (just outside Nashville) about ordering one through Daniel.
👆🏻This! That’s what I did and I got a much better deal than that on my Diesel Rubicon with nearly every option including the Sky Onetouch roof

dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WK2
👆🏻This! That’s what I did and I got a much better deal than that on my Diesel Rubicon with nearly every option including the Sky Onetouch roof
Most stealers dont have any inventory so they are selling for MSRP or above MSRP. Tread Lightly is a good starting point.

Dave
Sponsored