Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! And thank you for yours:captain:
I'm starting to get a little jealous of your Florida weather:giggle: I'm ready for top down weather:like:
Yeah, right? Lol! It’s actually been a bit too hot and humid to pull the top off lately, except for a few days!
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Thank you sir, and I’m sorry for the loss of your father. The last half of my 30 years was in Air Defense Artillery, just like your dad. I was a senior NCO, Sergeant First Class, leading Avenger and Sentinel troops. I did a few ADA exercises in Korea at Osan Air Base. Where was your dad in Korea?
Hi

Not really sure exactly, he didnt talk too much about it. He said there werent too many N. Korean or Russian migs too shoot at, they did infantry support. Would not want to be on the business end from fire from these. My brother has a plaque with his rank, unit and date served. next time I visit I will check it out. He has pictures of these. I do know he went over after they were pushed back from Chosin reservoir, probably after end 1950. Obviously 8th Army, not sure the Division, unit etc. It is listed on his plaque. He was buried with honors at the Massachusetts National Cemetery in Bourne MA on Cape Cod.

upload_2020-4-23_8-53-21.png

RevJonG

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Here in the communist state of Illinois:
8.3% sales tax at time of purchase
$151. yearly registration.
We are told it goes to pave roads but everyone knows it lines the pockets of Chicago politicians
:angry:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Here in Maine, at time of purchase, 5.5% sales tax, and 50$ for the title. You get 30 day temp registration

Then you register and pay the excise tax to the town to re-register each year, which you have to pay every year. It is based on mill rate which they decrease each year multiplied by the MSRP in thouands. They also charge 38$ processing fee on top.

So basically for example say you paid 48K on 52K sticker, so 2640 sales tax and 1248 excise tax for first year. I am jealous of any state that doesnt tax like this. The mill drops each year until yr 6 and it is 4$/1000 and stays there forever, even if the car 20 yer old piece of junk.

Jealous of any state that doesnt pull this thievery.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

crapifornia is terrible too. my wrangler was 478 this past year... not sure how it works but the roads are crap here and the registration goes to the pockets for that POS Pelosi. Its gotten so bad my 44 year old truck has gone up in registration every year for the last ten years. when i was in school i paid 96 a year now im at 300 a year. for a truck that gets driven roughtly 5K miles a year for fun:mad:

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well I am still squeaking, $870otd this January.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Not really sure exactly, he didnt talk too much about it. He said there werent too many N. Korean or Russian migs too shoot at, they did infantry support. Would not want to be on the business end from fire from these. My brother has a plaque with his rank, unit and date served. next time I visit I will check it out. He has pictures of these. I do know he went over after they were pushed back from Chosin reservoir, probably after end 1950. Obviously 8th Army, not sure the Division, unit etc. It is listed on his plaque. He was buried with honors at the Massachusetts National Cemetery in Bourne MA on Cape Cod.

upload_2020-4-23_8-53-21.png
Ah, the M45 Quadmount! That’s pure bad-ass right there! I would love to see a photo of his plaque. Please, you or your brother give him a salute for me the next time he is visited at the national cemetery. Peace.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Here in Maine, at time of purchase, 5.5% sales tax, and 50$ for the title. You get 30 day temp registration

Then you register and pay the excise tax to the town to re-register each year, which you have to pay every year. It is based on mill rate which they decrease each year multiplied by the MSRP in thouands. They also charge 38$ processing fee on top.

So basically for example say you paid 48K on 52K sticker, so 2640 sales tax and 1248 excise tax for first year. I am jealous of any state that doesnt tax like this. The mill drops each year until yr 6 and it is 4$/1000 and stays there forever, even if the car 20 yer old piece of junk.

Jealous of any state that doesnt pull this thievery.
ouch. and i thought our reg fees were bad. but they get us in other ways. like at the pump! i believe we're at $2.30 per gallon right now for 89. not sure, i havent bought gas in like 2 weeks lol. but i see other states are at $1. our idiot commifornians voted to increase the gas tax last year, and registration too lol. there doesnt appear to be any major road repairs going on anywhere... just another slush fund for the governor to pilfer from.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Here in the communist state of Illinois:
8.3% sales tax at time of purchase
$151. yearly registration.
We are told it goes to pave roads but everyone knows it lines the pockets of Chicago politicians
:angry:
yup. IL also just increased the renewal plate stickers on utility trailers to $118 from $17.
Personal plates over $200. arg!!!!

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Probably not - never was a Texas resident but I don't believe you have a personal property tax that includes vehicles. Most of the folks quoting the high registration fees live in states the do.

Believe Texas is like Florida - you get zapped once with whatever the total sales tax is on the vehicle at the time of purchase. The personal property tax states start lower but then you get taxed every year when you register, which can add up to a lot of $$ over your life since you get to pay it every year you own a vehicle (it does go down as the vehicle gets older so would have that going for you:).

Here in SC you only pay a max of up to $500 in sales tax on initial purchase, but vehicles are subject to personal property tax so you get to pay it each time you register.
do you know how SC or NC calculates the annual fee? W are hoping to move from Tax hungry IL to NC or TN. and have a new Rubicon and a couple sports cars..

Thanks...

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
do you know how SC or NC calculates the annual fee? W are hoping to move from Tax hungry IL to NC or TN. and have a new Rubicon and a couple sports cars..

Thanks...
I believe it's done based on the milage rate for each county, so it varies, times the magic number they value your vehicle at (not sure how that's figured after the initial sales price). TN would be interesting - haven't lived there but know it is considered a tax friendly state.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Missouri:

Dealers don't collect sales tax so it can't be wrapped into the loan. One must save back money for sales tax and pay it in one lump sum. I'm looking at just under $4,000 for my 2020 JLUR. Missouri also has the third highest vehicle property tax in the country. I'll be looking at $1400 for the first year but there is a bill in our legislature to eliminate our vehicle property tax altogether. The registration fees are reasonable, about $75 for two year tags.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
$20 a year here in GA, I do pay an extra $50 for an Atlanta United plate.

But we do get to pay 7% (sales tax) on both new & used vehicles (private or dealer). At least with a trade the tax is only the difference!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sales tax was paid at time of purchase. Just over $200 for 2 years for a custom/vanity plate/registration here in NY.
Sponsored