Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I had cloth seats in my '15 JKU. I added Bartact seat covers and never looked back. I now have cloth seats on my '20 JLU. For now, I have a set of neoprene seat covers (can't remember which at the moment) on them. They've held up well so far, but my driver seat cover seems to want to shift and not fully cover the seat bottom. PRP covers are on my next purchase list.
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Glad to hear the cloth holds up so well, ordered my 4xE with it. Still waiting....

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Other than some wrinkles on the driver's side bolster, which seems common, my cloth seats still look new.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
When shopping I test drove a new JL with black cloth and there was already a massive stain on the passenger seat. I figure it's just a matter of time before something terrible happens.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I have leather seats, and they have done very well. I did end up putting Bartact Neoprene seat covers on them to further protect from the elements when the top is off. So I guess I spent $1,495 to get leather to spend another $600 to cover it up, lol. The Bartact seat covers regardless if you are covering leather or cloth are definitely the way to go. Take a little effort to install, but 100% worth it.
I’m pretty sure Bartact isn’t neoprene. I thought it was a fabric like cordura. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. I remember them advertising at how they’re better than neoprene back in the day when they were Trek Armor.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Mine are holding up really well since March of '18, but I usually throw on some cheapo Rugged Ridge covers usually for the passenger seat and my daughter's car seat. I got them for like 100 bucks and I figured it'll help keep the seats a bit longer. Good investment I would say especially to put under a car seat, but nowhere near the comfort and quality of PRP.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I didn't really have a choice as leather wasn't an option on my base Sport but I am very happy with the cloth. The seats are easily vacuumed along with the rest of the interior. They can also be wiped down with a moist microfiber towel. And for tougher stains I use the upholstery tool of a Bissell carpet cleaner which also works great.

https://www.bissell.com/proheat-2x-revolution-pet-pro-carpet-cleaner-22837.html

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
I had my JKU for 12 years and never used any seat covers. The cloth seats looked like new when I sold it. My JLUR also has cloth seats and is holding up well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
The cloth seats in our 2018 Sport S held up very well after 33K miles. We liked them enough to get them again when getting our 2021 Rubicon. I’ve always figured I would just replace them with katskinz if I got tired of them but I never did.

Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I’ve only had my JLU for a few months, but my wife has had hers for >2 years and the cloth held up great. I recommend spraying some scotch guard on them to make them a little more stain resistant just in case.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have had cloth seats for a while now, how are the holding up, and do you wish you had gone leather instead?
3 years, 41k miles and they are just fine. No issues. No way would I want leather. Cold ass cheeks in the winter and burned ass cheeks in the summer. I run top down doors off all the time, so that summer thing is the real deal. And while the seat heat is great, you still have to endure cold leather for a few minutes until it kicks up. There's nothing warmer than these cloth Jeep seats with the heat on high.

So I'm 100% happy with them. Btw, my brother has leather in his Gladiator. While it is nice, I have a direct comparison since I ride in it all the time. I even think the cloth is a little bit more comfortable, too, at least for my body shape/size.

Btw, my JK is 13.5 years old and has 150k on it. Just got my first tear from wear in the drivers seat. They have been easy to clean, too. They used a fabric called Yes Essentials and it has been impressive. It cleans with simple water on a cloth rag. I'm hoping the local upholstery shop can get that fabric and replace the panel that tore. It was the left side seat piece where your butt slides across to get into and out of the vehicle. That's probably the highest wear spot in all of the seating. I think the JL cloth seams at least as good, maybe better. Time will tell.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Had leather in the wife's '13 JK and in my '14 JK. They both showed signs of wear on the outer bolster after a few years. Cloth in my JL and the wife's JL now. I did install a set of Smittybilt Gear fitted covers for the front while out west to keep some of the dirt off.
Jeep Wrangler JL How are your cloth seats holding up? 20201223_075511
Jeep Wrangler JL How are your cloth seats holding up? 20201223_075533

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have the cloth seats since may of 2019 and they are holding up very well.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

2 years and counting zero issues. I use 303 seat protectant twice a year on them though
Sponsored