How are your cloth seats holding up?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
For those who have had cloth seats for a while now, how are the holding up, and do you wish you had gone leather instead?
Sponsored

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had mine since Oct 2019 and so far there are no issues with the seas. We chose clothe over leather because we like going to the beach and I feel the sand as an abrasive would kill the leather.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Love ours - warmer in winter, cooler in summer. Leather seats look nice, but are a pain when you have the top down and park in the sun. If you do decide that you would prefer leather it is less expensive to purchase after market leather seat covers.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
32k miles of frequent driving and fully utilized occupancy and I do not notice a difference from new other than just a hint of a crease look on the thigh bolster of the driverā€™s seat. These are holding up great compared to other cloth seats Iā€™ve had in vehicles.

Sponsored

Testut

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 2-door
I find them much more comfortable than leather when outside temps are very low or very high. As for durability, the cloth seats on my JK and the ones in my JL never showed or currently show any wear or tear.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I find them much more comfortable than leather when outside temps are very low or very high. As for durability, the cloth seats on my JK and the ones in my JL never showed or currently show any wear or tear.
Thatā€™s what I was hoping to hear. My last few Jeeps had leather and it always would seem to start showing wear even though I used high quality leather conditioner (Polish Angel). So I ordered my new Jeep with cloth this time around to see how it went. I know leather is easier to clean and all, but Iā€™m more concerned about how it holds up than a few more minutes of cleaning.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My tan seats have held up well. It spends a lot of time topless but it's also kept in the garage. I have a cover for the dog in the back. I will also buy some after-market covers I can install once they start looking bad.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My JL came with cloth seats. Dust and dirt stuck to that fabric like glue; it was a real chore to keep the interior looking clean.

One time, my dad dropped a tiny piece of chocolate on the seat. In trying to clean it up, the chocolate worked its way into the fabric and made a big, ugly stain.

I replaced the cloth with Katzkin leather a year ago; leather is so much easier to clean. The interior looks so much better.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Had 40k miles on JK cloth seats and not many on the JL, but zero issues. If you have pets their hair can be hard to get off but I just find them to be more overall more comfortable than leather like my wife has in her car.

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s what I was hoping to hear. My last few Jeeps had leather and it always would seem to start showing wear even though I used high quality leather conditioner (Polish Angel). So I ordered my new Jeep with cloth this time around to see how it went. I know leather is easier to clean and all, but Iā€™m more concerned about how it holds up than a few more minutes of cleaning.
I went with cloth when I ordered mine back in sept 2018. Factory new car leather is getting less and less quality every year and starts looking terrible very fast. No regrets as my cloth seats have held up fantastic. Blow them off with air compressor to get dust out of them every now and then. Aftermarket leather is the way to go if you want leather.

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
I have zero issues with cloth, and wouldn't order leather if custom building. Only complaint is dog hair sticks to cloth like glue. I do have my fronts covered with ballistic nylon, and love that.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Love ours - warmer in winter, cooler in summer. Leather seats look nice, but are a pain when you have the top down and park in the sun. If you do decide that you would prefer leather it is less expensive to purchase after market leather seat covers.
These are valid points. Some additional info for those still on the fence between factory leather and cloth. It's true about aftermarket leather covers being more cost efficient than factory leather, but the factory leather option includes more than just seats. It also includes headrests and a fold down center armrest with cup holders for the rear bench, stitched leather front armrest, door panels, top dash panel, e brake handle, and the boots for both shift levers. Again, for those still undecided, the higher factory leather cost is also more inclusive than the aftermarket.

If going aftermarket, PRP is where I'd spend my money. In my opinion, they have nicer options and they look better installed than Katskins.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
32,000 miles on my 18 JLUR and seats are doing fine after multiple trips to Colorado, NM and dusty Palo Duro canyon. I bought a portable steam cleaner which does well with the cloth seats and so far am happy with them.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Picked up Jeep in Dec 2018. No issues with the cloth seats. No stains. Also, my wife is short and tends to "slide" off when she gets out. Ugh. But no noticeable wear. Cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. No regrets.
Sponsored