How are you supposed to buy a new jeep

UserName7

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Still have a 2010 I got way back when and thought it would be time to get a new one, but things have changed and it's all juts wtf? I looked into this new online ordering. Figured If I take MSRP add destination fee, add tax title and registration and make that my final offer that's gotta be a good deal for clicking a few buttons. I can't even get a thanks but no thanks from anyone within 150 miles. Had to make an offer on inventory jeep out of state just to find someone reasonable enough to say, "well I'll consider your offer and get back to you if I don't get a better one". Im just getting complete sarcasm, condescension, pointless argumentative or boastful comments to end the deal before it starts. I legitimately cannot understand the sales tactic Jeep is training these days. Especually on an order, there arent even competing offers. If anyone has any insight on the logic please share.
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Still have a 2010 I got way back when and thought it would be time to get a new one, but things have changed and it's all juts wtf? I looked into this new online ordering. Figured If I take MSRP add destination fee, add tax title and registration and make that my final offer that's gotta be a good deal for clicking a few buttons. I can't even get a thanks but no thanks from anyone within 150 miles. Had to make an offer on inventory jeep out of state just to find someone reasonable enough to say, "well I'll consider your offer and get back to you if I don't get a better one". Im just getting complete sarcasm, condescension, pointless argumentative or boastful comments to end the deal before it starts. I legitimately cannot understand the sales tactic Jeep is training these days. Especually on an order, there arent even competing offers. If anyone has any insight on the logic please share.
I have no insight into any logic a dealership is trying to use, but I’ll say this.

The best way for you to buy a Jeep and be sure you’re getting exactly what you want is to build it online, take that to a dealer and custom order it.

You won’t be getting too many competing offers considering most dealerships have little to no inventory on their lots. Jeep is selling JLs as fast as they can build them… faster even.

Will you have to wait four to six months for your build? Yep. Is it worth it in the end to get exactly what you wanted? Big yep.

There are volume dealerships taking orders that sell below MSRP (example being Guptons - see the 190 page thread here)
Still gotta wait for it, but in the end you’re not playing games with salespeople and you get what you want from the factory.

OP
OP

UserName7

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have no insight into any logic a dealership is trying to use, but I’ll say this.

The best way for you to buy a Jeep and be sure you’re getting exactly what you want is to build it online, take that to a dealer and custom order it.

You won’t be getting too many competing offers considering most dealerships have little to no inventory on their lots. Jeep is selling JLs as fast as they can build them… faster even.

Will you have to wait four to six months for your build? Yep. Is it worth it in the end to get exactly what you wanted? Big yep.

There are volume dealerships taking orders that sell below MSRP (example being Guptons - see the 190 page thread here)
Still gotta wait for it, but in the end you’re not playing games with salespeople and you get what you want from the factory.
Yes, that's what I'm asking. How do you do that? I'm not even looking for below MSRP and no one is willing to order. Or they are but they want a 2000-5000 markup over that, as though THEY will get a competing offer on my specific order. I contacted the dealer on that list closest to me and no response for a week. How do I communicate with these kind of people now days?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Kent at Peterson's in Idaho. It's worth a fly-n-ride.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Gupton has a great reputation as far as communicating with people goes. If you hit up someone in that thread they’ll provide you with some contact info.

Note - I’m not pimping for Gupton by any means. I just know what I read here on the forum.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Cajunali

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Yukon XL Denali
My 22 Rubicon was ordered from Matt Mohl at Susquehanna Automotive in PA and they did me right. Even beat my dealerships here in TX to the point I saved money even with paying to ship it to my house.

cooper37

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' High Altitude
It was WAY WAY WAY worse last year with COVID. Best thing to do is find the exact model on the Jeep website, look within within 300 miles, and email the sale department. If they get back to you, your in. I did in November on '21 and drove 3.5 hours (one way) to pick mine up in January.

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
My 22 Rubicon was ordered from Matt Mohl at Susquehanna Automotive in PA and they did me right. Even beat my dealerships here in TX to the point I saved money even with paying to ship it to my house.
I sent that guy a text, and got nothing in return.....useless....for me anyway.

Good to see another Houston dweller enjoying his Jeep.

Stl-Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
The best way to get a decent price right now is to order it. Sucks to wait but that's the current market. If you want it right away your going to have to pay up.
This is slowing starting to change as interest rates increase. If you don't want to deal with the ordering process maybe wait a few more months for prices to adjust back.

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
Step one is to look at @Ratbert ’s spreadsheet
here. It has a list of dealerships that offer below invoice pricing on factory orders.

yssirhc19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Deals can be found, you just gotta be active on searching and negotiating, and of course be willing to travel out of state if you need to!

80FED429-0C04-4210-B424-32E1A22DD183.jpeg
Sponsored