Sponsored

How are you supposed to buy a new jeep

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
maybe not shopping worked, but if you didn't shop you'll never know.

as long as you're happy!

My goodness. I dunno it sounds like you got really into the process! But you said you didn't, so let's go with that. I've always just reached out to a recommended dealer and gotten the deal I wanted right away. Clearly both approaches work, so it's all good!
Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Still have a 2010 I got way back when and thought it would be time to get a new one, but things have changed and it's all juts wtf? I looked into this new online ordering. Figured If I take MSRP add destination fee, add tax title and registration and make that my final offer that's gotta be a good deal for clicking a few buttons. I can't even get a thanks but no thanks from anyone within 150 miles. Had to make an offer on inventory jeep out of state just to find someone reasonable enough to say, "well I'll consider your offer and get back to you if I don't get a better one". Im just getting complete sarcasm, condescension, pointless argumentative or boastful comments to end the deal before it starts. I legitimately cannot understand the sales tactic Jeep is training these days. Especually on an order, there arent even competing offers. If anyone has any insight on the logic please share.
I did a custom order from Jim Click in Tucson. MSRP was the deal with $1000 down to be applied to my purchase. Very fast paperwork process. They had a few wranglers in stock but they were all higher spec-ed ones with higher MSRP than I was willing to pay for a Jeep. So I stuck with my order and got it in 9 weeks. This was back in Nov. 2021. I LOVE IT!

InVinoVeritasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Willys and JLU Rubicon
Just got back from Springfield, Tenn. to visit Daniel Gupton and Renee Berry. Outstanding experience. We drove up through Arkansas where we did some Nat'l forest dispersed camping before settling in at Land Between the Lakes. Drove home with a second JLU. I highly recommend Gupton Motors. And lots of great memories getting there and back.

OP
OP

UserName7

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well to update, the hometown dealer managed to place the order, but wasn't forthcoming with supplying copies of all the paperwork signed. So, we'll see if they honor the deal when it gets here.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I built my JLU last March - Rubi XR Recon in Gobi with a few fixings and received it early July - and I got about 7.5% below MSRP. My dealership was pretty transparent with me about the price of Jeep going up back during that time but he locked me in and give me a really good deal - I did not even had to negotiate for it. It was close to the percentage off my 2021 2 Dr Rubi that I got from him (built late 2020). Total transparency.

Love my dealership and after service. Alex Musumeci from Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY!
Jeep Wrangler JL How are you supposed to buy a new jeep 20220713_161803

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Well, I ordered mine in October, received it in March and paid sticker, locked in from time of order. My dealer made up for it by giving me a good dollar on my trade in. At the end of the day I got exactly the Jeep I wanted, delivered directly to my dealer. At the price of air travel if I had to fly anywhere for pickup I’d be well over MSRP.

4AA345CA-A015-4960-A3F8-B5DDC792D347.jpeg

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

I hadn't bought a new car since my '93 Cherokee 🙄. Very different now.

I wanted a Rubicon with MT and basically no other options. Looked at local dealer but all were AT and loaded, sticker prices in 50s, closer to 60K. Then it was a website hunt seeing what dealers had in stock at what price. Since potential customers all have the price info, it seemed to me that haggling is a thing of the pre-internet past.

In the end I found a couple near Sacramento, about a 4hr drive north.
I bought my new 2018 JLUR for about $6500 under sticker (in Apr'19)... guess MT are harder to sell.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Well to update, the hometown dealer managed to place the order, but wasn't forthcoming with supplying copies of all the paperwork signed. So, we'll see if they honor the deal when it gets here.
Quit being a pushover and get your paperwork copies. Sometimes you have to get knee deep in someone's ass to get things done.

Chief Toby

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD 4Runner Off Road ; 2023 Orange High Tide
Still have a 2010 I got way back when and thought it would be time to get a new one, but things have changed and it's all juts wtf? I looked into this new online ordering. Figured If I take MSRP add destination fee, add tax title and registration and make that my final offer that's gotta be a good deal for clicking a few buttons. I can't even get a thanks but no thanks from anyone within 150 miles. Had to make an offer on inventory jeep out of state just to find someone reasonable enough to say, "well I'll consider your offer and get back to you if I don't get a better one". Im just getting complete sarcasm, condescension, pointless argumentative or boastful comments to end the deal before it starts. I legitimately cannot understand the sales tactic Jeep is training these days. Especually on an order, there arent even competing offers. If anyone has any insight on the logic please share.
I

tnkaren68

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Compass upgrading to JLU
Just got back from Springfield, Tenn. to visit Daniel Gupton and Renee Berry. Outstanding experience. We drove up through Arkansas where we did some Nat'l forest dispersed camping before settling in at Land Between the Lakes. Drove home with a second JLU. I highly recommend Gupton Motors. And lots of great memories getting there and back.
Where I ordered from as well. Can’t wait for the build and making the trip, even though it’s 2.5 hours away. LoL

Sponsored

Chief Toby

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD 4Runner Off Road ; 2023 Orange High Tide

I bought a 2021 Jeep Wrangler 2 door Sport Willys with the 4 cylinder turbo and 8 speed automatic from Yakima (WA) Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. Smartest thing I've ever done. The salesman was Denio Hurst and he kept me informed through the entire building process. I took deivery less than 3 months after the order. I got the exact jeep I wanted and at a 10% off MSRP and the dealership has been great to deal with. I couldn't be happier. The day we did the order on the computer at the dealership I left with copies of everything and even a picture of my Jeep as ordered, plus when delivered the Window Sticker said: "Special order for "My Name". The way I see it every special order is a guaranteed sale for the dealer as opposed to the dealer ordering something that might not sell immediately.

Last edited:

Hockeydude

First Name
Cyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Camry, Mustang GT
I just ordered a 22 rubicon gladiator end of June. Took less then 2 months for delivery. Picked up Friday. First Jeep. So far likey,like.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I don't know where you are located, but there are 1200 new Jeeps within 300 miles of me on autotrader. That's where I found mine 2 years ago (Westgate in Raleigh, NC was awesome to me).

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Deals can be found, you just gotta be active on searching and negotiating, and of course be willing to travel out of state if you need to!

Jeep Wrangler JL How are you supposed to buy a new jeep 4AA345CA-A015-4960-A3F8-B5DDC792D347
At that price, I think I'd spend a little more and get the 392.
Jeep Wrangler JL How are you supposed to buy a new jeep 1661216957511

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
It was those damn chipset delays caused by covid. Inventory is rising....
I think that played a role initially, but things are going on behind the scenes IMO. I believe there are back door rules from the govt limiting production to push more and more electric and small vehicles.
Sponsored