Sponsored

How are you liking the Ko2 tires

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S SG
I am very curious how people are liking the stock 33in Ko2s on their rubicons. I have a sport S and would like to move up to those tires. Is it dumb to only move up to 33s or should I do the full lift and 35 route. No lift needed with 33s sounds nice tho. Thanks.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I love them. I moved the 33's to my JK, and it improved the way it drives immensely. I then bought them in 35's for the JL. You'll have to decide what you want. I would have been 100% happy with my JL if I'd have kept it stock. I love it with the 35's and lift, too, though. Your Jeep will drive very well and be very capable with 33's, so don't feel like you have to go to 35's to conquer rough terrain. My JK surprises people all the time with what it can do.

OP
OP
Anxiously Waiting
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S SG
I love them. I moved the 33's to my JK, and it improved the way it drives immensely. I then bought them in 35's for the JL. You'll have to decide what you want. I would have been 100% happy with my JL if I'd have kept it stock. I love it with the 35's and lift, too, though. Your Jeep will drive very well and be very capable with 33's, so don't feel like you have to go to 35's to conquer rough terrain. My JK surprises people all the time with what it can do.
Thanks for the advice. And the quick response.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
As far as off road tires....I have a sample set of two. The JL rubicon KO2's and the JK rubicon KM.

The KO2's are quieter by far. I notice no road noise with them at all, except at low speed with the doors off. The KM's had a rumble. Both the KO2 and KM do GREAT in deep snow. Ive had snow over the axles and up to the bumpers of both my JK and JL.....no problem with either. Even after coming to a stop. Deep mud with the KM was great, as long as I didn't start dragging axles. I cant say much for the KO2 in that regard.....but the shoulder and sidewall aggressiveness is about the same as the old KM. The deepest mud Ive been in with the JL was probably no deeper than the height of the sidewall, and momentum was carried through the entire way.

Where the KO2 really shined over the KM, was standing water, slush, and fresh snow on pavement. The siping really helps with thin loose material on top of a hard surface. No hydroplaning. Better grip.

The KO2 blew the stock street tires out of the water. The JL was very tail happy for me in fresh snow on pavement. As bad as my challenger was with all-seasons. Coming to a stop on a steep hill and then getting going again was about impossible in 2wd. The KO2's made winter driving as easy as wet road driving. No slip at all, even in 2wd.

As far as size...... I have the upmost confidence in my JL for the forestry trails it sees. My open JK on 31.5" KM's would keep up with lifted locked TJ's on 33's without a problem. My JL feels just as confident off road. Unless you plan on doing some real gnarly stuff (or just want the look), the stock wrangler with a set of KO2's will do 99% of what you ask it.

McAutryx

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Project Manager
I would highly recommend going to the KO2, it's a great tire. I have a JLU Sport S, and replaced my Michelin tires that came with the Sport with a set of barley used KO2's that another forum member was selling. All positive, I think it handles better, and for sure looks better.

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Went with 35” ko2’s. Very happy. Low road noise, good performance and look

OP
OP
Anxiously Waiting
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S SG
Your guys words sold me on the tires. I really appreciate the in depth review and will be purchasing the Ko2s tomorrow in 33s. This is why this forum is such a great place to converse. Thank you again for the advice.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
The KO2's are an awesome tire.

Only minor negative I can think of is that they love to fling rocks towards the back of your vehicle. Chipped some paint off the rear door hinges in the first 24hrs I owned my JLUR!

Have since covered the hinges in protective film.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
The KO2's are an awesome tire.

Only minor negative I can think of is that they love to fling rocks towards the back of your vehicle. Chipped some paint off the rear door hinges in the first 24hrs I owned my JLUR!

Have since covered the hinges in protective film.
I'll second that!

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
So did you make the switch to the KO2’s? I have a stock Sport S and am trying to make the same decision now. How do the 33s perform and would you do it the same way again?

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I drove the original BFG all terrains in 80s, they were amazing back then, so I am sure so many generations and extra letters have made them better.

Gonna pick up a pair soon, not gonna try all seasons off road

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
no complaints, but I don't have a point of reference to compare them to, but I can say wet weather grip is good and very quiet, I would replace with the same or maybe 35's on my JL Rubicon....

Tfinley

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So did you make the switch to the KO2’s? I have a stock Sport S and am trying to make the same decision now. How do the 33s perform and would you do it the same way again?
I have a stock Sahara JL and purchased JL rubcon wheels and KO2 off of craigslist. The tires are very quiet around town and on the highway. Have not seen much rain. They ride very good but you will take a little hit on gas mileage compared to stock LT tires. Don’t regret the change at all and they look great.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I have run both KM2 and KO2’s and find that the KO2’s (as expected) are slightly quieter, but the same rocks my KM2’s had no problems with took big chunks out of my KO2 tread. KO2 are definitely worse clearing mud also seem to run a tad bit smaller than the same sized KM2. I found that for when I really need that extra grip off road, a tiny bit of extra weight and road noise is worth it. Look at tire ratings and you’ll find that there aren’t too many better all around MT’s. That said, you can’t really go wrong either way, but I say buy bigger than you think now because more seem to go up in tire size than down. Good luck!

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
They're good in everything except mud, you have to spin them really fast to get the mud to clear which can have the negative effect of burying you deeper.
Sponsored