First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
For those KO2 detractors out there...how do you feel about the Nitto Ridge Grappler?
I would really like to try them but they are not marketed in Europe.
You see it's very subjective. And the ko2 is a good tire and I like them but they are by far not the best in the world and I don't get why people are so obsessed by them. Here in Europe too. I think it's maybe more a traditional thing. BF Goodrich is a company with a fascinating heritage and they go way back with Jeep.

But... Just try the General Grabber ATs :)
You will see what we mean.
9c7e987a08c4be0b62c47a2825e903ea.jpg
Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
You see it's very subjective. And the ko2 is a good tire and I like them but they are by far not the best in the world and I don't get why people are so obsessed by them. Here in Europe too. I think it's maybe more a traditional thing. BF Goodrich is a company with a fascinating heritage and they go way back with Jeep.

How are the General Grabber ATs on roads/highway/pavement in terms of noise? As quiet as KO2s?

lucianok

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue Rubicon

BF GOODRICH are sold in Italy
https://www.bfgoodrich.it/it/gamme/Gamma-4x4/BFGoodrich-All-Terrain-T-A-sup-KO2-sup

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Send me your KO2s if you don't like them. I need another set for my Ford F150. I love them, so far.
Well Dan, my new tires are going to be installed Thursday afternoon. After that, I'll make you a sweet deal on mine (only have around 1k miles).

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer

Sponsored

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase

Cool poster! Thanks for your feedback. How do the general grabbers perform on-road?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Were your Sport tires the All Terrains or All Weathers?

I'm a little stumped on what tires to get when I finally get my Sport S. I'll be honest, the tire size I like best is the ones on JK Rubicons, and I believe those are 255/75/17. But maybe the size difference would be so tiny between those and the stock JL Sport's that I wouldn't even notice the difference. I had been looking at KO2s in the 255 size as well a Duratracs.
Mine came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires on it. I kept them...they are actually great for highway use if I decide to go on vacation or something.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm perfectly happy with mine although I do have a ton of chips in the rear fenders.

One of my considerations was the weight. Many of the 315/70/17's were quite heavy and best I could tell the KO2 was one of the lightest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well Dan, my new tires are going to be installed Thursday afternoon. After that, I'll make you a sweet deal on mine (only have around 1k miles).
PM to let me know what you'd take for them. The KOs on the Ford still have a bunch of tread, but they are cracking and need to go before winter. I'm definitely interested!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I like he K02 tires silent and they look great. Most of all they are wearing perfectly

OP
OP
Anxiously Waiting
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S SG
So did you make the switch to the KO2’s? I have a stock Sport S and am trying to make the same decision now. How do the 33s perform and would you do it the same way again?
I did end up making the switch.... Love the tires . I will go up to 35s eventually tho.

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
As far as off road tires....I have a sample set of two. The JL rubicon KO2's and the JK rubicon KM.

The KO2's are quieter by far. I notice no road noise with them at all, except at low speed with the doors off. The KM's had a rumble. Both the KO2 and KM do GREAT in deep snow. Ive had snow over the axles and up to the bumpers of both my JK and JL.....no problem with either. Even after coming to a stop. Deep mud with the KM was great, as long as I didn't start dragging axles. I cant say much for the KO2 in that regard.....but the shoulder and sidewall aggressiveness is about the same as the old KM. The deepest mud Ive been in with the JL was probably no deeper than the height of the sidewall, and momentum was carried through the entire way.

Where the KO2 really shined over the KM, was standing water, slush, and fresh snow on pavement. The siping really helps with thin loose material on top of a hard surface. No hydroplaning. Better grip.

The KO2 blew the stock street tires out of the water. The JL was very tail happy for me in fresh snow on pavement. As bad as my challenger was with all-seasons. Coming to a stop on a steep hill and then getting going again was about impossible in 2wd. The KO2's made winter driving as easy as wet road driving. No slip at all, even in 2wd.

As far as size...... I have the upmost confidence in my JL for the forestry trails it sees. My open JK on 31.5" KM's would keep up with lifted locked TJ's on 33's without a problem. My JL feels just as confident off road. Unless you plan on doing some real gnarly stuff (or just want the look), the stock wrangler with a set of KO2's will do 99% of what you ask it.
Dang thanks for this write-up. I live in Minneapolis and am super happy I decided to stick with the K02's when I moved to 35's on my new JL. Really appreciate that you took the time to describe all that, especially about the snow cuz you know I've got the same winter as you. Looking forward to the first storm ;)

sabhyankar

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'll second that!
I'll third it! Took my JL offroad the first week I had it. Driving home and I hear a bang - did more paint damage driving home than in the bush.
Sponsored