Sponsored

How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up?

How are your 18’s early 19’s holding up?

• Total voters

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Had same issue with passenger seat and jeepcares helped facilitate details with dealership to get it fixed as they have had issues with seat rails. Dealership ordered new set of rails that fixed the issue and all has been good for last 4 or so months. Uconnect is buggy but unless it happens at dealership they can’t diagnose.
If you have a vibrating noise that sounds like your speaker up front just add some kitchen closet dot cushions to the front visor rests.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
Your Jeep does not like your attitude !
I didn't like it dying on me right before the start of summer! :mad: so I couldn't care less what IT thinks of ME at this point :like:

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
March 2019 Build and Bought. 16k miles with long 400 miles road trips to national parks, and offroading at high 10000 elevation routes
The engine is still going strong. Hope it keeps it up.

Sponsored

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
14000 miles only issues are:
Passenger seat noise when making a turn
Brakes squeak every start up wet or dry
Driver side speaker distorted/ vibration noise
Intermittent uconnect issues
Otherwise still impressed the way she drives and how good she looks clean or dirty :jk:
9BAFD3F6-FA05-46A1-86EB-A6A93D214390.png
I also have noise coming out of passenger seat when making turns. Sounds like the seat is wiggling in the tracks underneath. I checked it out and everything was bolted on tight so I don’t know what the issue is, but hope someone can help me out.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I also have noise coming out of passenger seat when making turns. Sounds like the seat is wiggling in the tracks underneath. I checked it out and everything was bolted on tight so I don’t know what the issue is, but hope someone can help me out.
It’s not uncommon. I had it too. Seat track / frame needs replaced. Take it to dealer it’s covered under warranty. They sent mine to their upholstery shop and it’s good to go now.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just hit 10k miles. I was team 3.6 but found what I wanted on a lot but it had the 2.0. I’m glad I bought it now. Very pleased with the performance. Respectable gas mileage too. I have the etorque and the ESS is almost unnoticeable, especially when compared to other versions and the 3.6. I’ve had other issues with the Jeep but nothing related to the motor or powertrain. It’s great.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Yan,
We recommend visiting your local dealer for a proper diagnosis. If assistance is needed throughout your visit, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

herbgot

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahahra JL 2.0L Turbo
I have had my Sahara JLU at the dealer since December 20th waiting for them to fix my driver side front speaker which is vibrating at certain frequencies like the Charlie Brown cartoon. I provided them the fix found on this forum and they claim that it is a different issue. I am getting very frustrated that I have been a month out of my Jeep. I even opened a case with Chrysler to try to elevate the urgency of the issue. This has me worried about what else is going to go wrong. Is the extended warrantee something I should consider assuming they fix the problem before the lemon law kicks in?

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Sahara JLU at the dealer since December 20th waiting for them to fix my driver side front speaker which is vibrating at certain frequencies like the Charlie Brown cartoon. I provided them the fix found on this forum and they claim that it is a different issue. I am getting very frustrated that I have been a month out of my Jeep. I even opened a case with Chrysler to try to elevate the urgency of the issue. This has me worried about what else is going to go wrong. Is the extended warrantee something I should consider assuming they fix the problem before the lemon law kicks in?
You might want to post this in the general area as this thread is pertaining to the engine, not the Jeep itself.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Bought mine in April 2019. Been in all sorts of weather now, 13K miles now, and all good. Towing a loaded motorcycle trailer has been effortless. Gas mileage is a solid 22 even when I put my foot in it. A complete hoot to drive! No issues.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
October '18 build here, and it sat on a dealer lot until I leased it in July '19. It's my daily commuter, and I currently have about ~4500 miles on it. No issues to report except for -

Had a weird thing the other day where it felt low on power. Transmission was reluctant to downshift as well. Mashing the throttle a couple times got it to clear out though.
I normally drive pretty slow, so it might have just been ECU settings.
Mine feels the same. Much of my driving is spent in slow-moving traffic so it seems to lag a bit for downshifting with increased throttle (like going uphill). I think this may be a programming issue though, as the A8 in my wife's 3.6 JLU does not act like this. I am also guilty of the "Jersey roll" at stop signs and it stays in 2nd gear instead of downshifting all the way to 1st. My guess is that it's programmed this way to aid fuel mileage, which honestly is really incredible for a 2-ton box with wheels.

I have not asked the dealer about it because I am pretty sure they will say it's operating just fine since there are no codes and it's averaging 20+ mpg.

Last edited: