Sponsored

How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up?

How are your 18’s early 19’s holding up?

• Total voters

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
Ahhhh, I had to google that. Didn't know it had a name. I remember that portion very well lol. Up was no biggie, down was pretty sketchy for me!
I found that to be my most challenging obstacle in Moab, and I ran the V-notch obstacle too. I bypassed the tough obstacles on Hell’s Revenge though. I was too scared to run Cliff Hanger or Metal Masher.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I found that to be my most challenging obstacle in Moab, and I ran the V-notch obstacle too. I bypassed the tough obstacles on Hell’s Revenge though. I was too scared to run Cliff Hanger or Metal Masher.
We did the fall bypass on steel bender. It was probably the sketchiest.

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
We did the fall bypass on steel bender. It was probably the sketchiest.
Good point, me too. I made a u turn at the massive ledge. According to Charles Wells’s Guidebook, the Ledge divides two trails (Steel Bender Loop and Steel Bender Flat Pass Route). I would not have been able to make my JLUR up the ledge with 35” tires and a 2” suspension lift, unless I was willing to winch it up and drag the underbody over the rock, which I wasn’t willing to do.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
14000 miles only issues are:
Passenger seat noise when making a turn
Brakes squeak every start up wet or dry
Driver side speaker distorted/ vibration noise
Intermittent uconnect issues
Otherwise still impressed the way she drives and how good she looks clean or dirty :jk:
9BAFD3F6-FA05-46A1-86EB-A6A93D214390.png

Had same issue with passenger seat and jeepcares helped facilitate details with dealership to get it fixed as they have had issues with seat rails. Dealership ordered new set of rails that fixed the issue and all has been good for last 4 or so months. Uconnect is buggy but unless it happens at dealership they can’t diagnose.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Built and bought Nov 2018, 32k+ miles with a coast to coast cross country trip recently of which ~12k of that was done in 2mos and a few days of moderate trailing in Utah national parks. Aside having the radio replaced, she's running beautifully. The freedom hard top lock handles tend to back out a little and rattle when the radio is playing, slight annoyance that can probably be fixed with some textured tape to keep them in place.

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Had same issue with passenger seat and jeepcares helped facilitate details with dealership to get it fixed as they have had issues with seat rails. Dealership ordered new set of rails that fixed the issue and all has been good for last 4 or so months. Uconnect is buggy but unless it happens at dealership they can’t diagnose.
Take a video of it happening and show the dealership. I did and they replaced it by noting I had evidence of the problem...plus my sales agent had it happen to him in a JL as well so he backed me on it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Take a video of it happening and show the dealership. I did and they replaced it by noting I had evidence of the problem...plus my sales agent had it happen to him in a JL as well so he backed me on it.
Hello Avar928,
We are happy to hear your are you working alongside your dealer to help find a solution to your concerns. Our team is available via private message is you'd like assistance throughout this process.
Laura
JeepCares

UncaBuddha

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Mazda3
14000 miles only issues are:
Passenger seat noise when making a turn
Brakes squeak every start up wet or dry
Driver side speaker distorted/ vibration noise
Intermittent uconnect issues
Otherwise still impressed the way she drives and how good she looks clean or dirty :jk:
9BAFD3F6-FA05-46A1-86EB-A6A93D214390.png
What hitch mounted hammock stand is that??? Love it!

Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
August built 2018 JLU Sahara. Had a few issues. One major issue with my alternator... Overall it's been OK. Just turned 18,000 miles this morning. Have some issues with Uconnect/back up camera intermittently. The Bluetooth music playing and glitching issue seemed to go away so I'm glad about that one. Definitely have a good amount of creaks and rattles, a lot more now that it got cold again. Driver's dash speaker vibrates a lot and I haven't felt like going back to the dealer after the past issues they were not very happy to remedy. I've been ignoring it all for now. Oh and the hardtop hatch likes to leak intermittently when it's raining outside. For now, I'm just happy it runs and drives and still isn't sitting at the dealer like it was all summer

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
2019 2.0l turbo, 17k miles of commuting and wheeling.. I don't consider that any accomplishment I'll let you know when I hit 100k..

Last edited:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
How are the combustion chambers doing , anyone borescope to see if there is any oil build up on the valves from the DI, that would be the only thing i would worry about.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
How are the combustion chambers doing , anyone borescope to see if there is any oil build up on the valves from the DI, that would be the only thing i would worry about.
At this point, I'm not worried about it since I'm getting rid of mine before that will matter:like:
Sponsored