Sponsored

How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up?

How are your 18’s early 19’s holding up?

• Total voters

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Almost 18k, ESS is failing and the battery is not charging. Head unit has popped and reset a couple times. Last few cold starts have had heavy vibration until it heats up.
It's at the dealer now.
Would you please give an update when you get it back? (I’m thinking about buying a second JL but with a 4CYL.)
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Almost 18k, ESS is failing and the battery is not charging. Head unit has popped and reset a couple times. Last few cold starts have had heavy vibration until it heats up.
It's at the dealer now.
We're saddened to hear this, BigGreen! If you require any further assistance during or after your dealer visit, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kate
Jeep Cares

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I have an early 18. I'll time out the warranty soon and that has me worried. Initially I had lots of issues with the XM radio. Intermittent signal. Unable to repaid. I've just lived with that but it seems to have gotten a bit better. Steering was always like a Jeep. Had the computer updated with slight improvement. Had the stabilizer replaced with the same result. Now have the new steering box on order and they'll update Off Road Pages when it's installed. Had to have it towed to the dealer when the baby battery failed and it all locked up. Dealer replaced both batteries. Working on getting a Genesis into the budget. Just had a new rear axle put in to correct the faulty $30 sensor Jeep won't sell. Stupid way to repair a failed part. Very poor corporate decision not to sell the part.

My biggest frustration it FCA continually releases updates for the computer and newly engineered parts but they won't install them until the customer complains about a problem. They should update if the new program/part is better. They are hoping the customer just gives up and lives with what doesn't work quite right.

I love the Jeep. I've had 7 others and this one is the best but I'm so frustrated with FCA It may well be my last. That said I have delt with two dealerships, Whitefish Montana and Yuma Arizona. Both have been excellent and have gone above and beyond to address my concerns.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
My '19, used before I bought it, has gone from 16K to now 46K and so far so good.
Spacer lift, wheel spacers and 275/70/18's and it runs great.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Almost at 55,000 on my 2018, will probably pull and check the plugs then. Service interval at 60,000 but want to see how they are holding up.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Super early 18. 18000 miles and only issue is I got a lemon from a steering standpoint. Had to completely replace the system with a PSC one. TPMS doesn’t work with my lift and tires, seems like they got that fixed in 19 Other than that I have had zero other issues or problems.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have an early 18. I'll time out the warranty soon and that has me worried. Initially I had lots of issues with the XM radio. Intermittent signal. Unable to repaid. I've just lived with that but it seems to have gotten a bit better. Steering was always like a Jeep. Had the computer updated with slight improvement. Had the stabilizer replaced with the same result. Now have the new steering box on order and they'll update Off Road Pages when it's installed. Had to have it towed to the dealer when the baby battery failed and it all locked up. Dealer replaced both batteries. Working on getting a Genesis into the budget. Just had a new rear axle put in to correct the faulty $30 sensor Jeep won't sell. Stupid way to repair a failed part. Very poor corporate decision not to sell the part.

My biggest frustration it FCA continually releases updates for the computer and newly engineered parts but they won't install them until the customer complains about a problem. They should update if the new program/part is better. They are hoping the customer just gives up and lives with what doesn't work quite right.

I love the Jeep. I've had 7 others and this one is the best but I'm so frustrated with FCA It may well be my last. That said I have delt with two dealerships, Whitefish Montana and Yuma Arizona. Both have been excellent and have gone above and beyond to address my concerns.
It's not too late to buy a FCA Extended Max Care Warranty if it will give some peace of mind.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
Sad, but must change my vote to small issues. Other than the software stuff like backup lines. I now have a leak in the hard top (I'm sure this is easy to fix). But the biggest problem I have is sticky steering on days below 40 degrees. There's no fix (software flash did nothing), and I don't trust the jeep to let my wife drive when it's cold out.

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
But the biggest problem I have is sticky steering on days below 40 degrees.
My wife's 2018 JLUS had what sounds like the same sticky steering when cold and I ran it through the dealership for the TSB to have the steering box replaced and it no longer has the issue. My 2019 JLUR hasn't had a steering issue yet.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
The problem is, The gearbox replacement does not apply to sticky steering. They only do the replacement for loose steering. However, some people say that the new gearbox fixes it.

Sticky steering happens when is less than 40 degrees and your going highway speeds on a left hand turn. It's basically a loss of powersteering until you pull hard enough to "break free". And if you're not careful, you'll oversteer when this happens.

I can try again for the new gearbox.

Sponsored

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I know. That's the same thing that my wife's did. I took a printout of the TSB in to the service manager and said that I needed to have it done. Might be different elsewhere, but the dealership I went to didn't question me at all. Since the TSB said to replace it if the user requested, I requested and they replaced it. They didn't ask me about any symptoms or anything.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
No issues to report. I did have a dash warning light come up for the battery system. I checked under the Jeep to find solid ice over one cross member that was encasing the coolant lines. After gently chipping this ice and freeing up the lines the light turned off. This has only happened once since the 2.5 winters I’ve had the Jeep.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Just passed 30k on my 19, 2L eTorque, used exclusively to get to trails and explore, no issues other than the Uconnect system would shutdown while driving, delearship flashed it and hasn’t happened again.

very Pleased so far....

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m starting to hear slack in my driveline at 30k miles. Like when I go from a stop and accelerate I’ll hear a click underneath. Same thing when I got from reverse to drive and vice versa. I had the same sound on my 2015 mustang and Ford replaced the rear half shafts 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored