Sponsored

How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up?

How are your 18’s early 19’s holding up?

• Total voters

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Just over 18K with a 3.6 needed just a set of battery's so far. Mine is a 18 JLUS drove it out in November of 18. Forgot to mention passenger seat was making noise had that repaired early on. It needed a new set of bottom rails, common problem with the JLU.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
27k miles, passenger door power door lock actuator no longer works, 5 inch radio restarts itself if I connect my phone to their USB ports, rattle after each bump from left side of vehicle, can't tell if it's above or below my head.
Hi @Black Jeep Convertible
We are sorry to hear about the multiple concerns you are facing with your Jeep. Please send our team a private message if you intend to bring attention to your dealer for support. We are happy to help.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
23,000 miles now on the 2019 Sahara. Just spent 5 days at 9,000 ft and higher in Northern Colorado on the trails surrounding Hahn's Peak (north of Steamboat Springs). Flawless performance. Even had a hiker comment that we looked like a Jeep commercial coming out of the woods. 3 guys and our gear with room to spare, too. Yeah, we had a great time!

So far, I've towed with two different trailers and no issues. 3 rail motorcycle trailer fully loaded and a 5 x 8, also fully loaded. It's a daily driver and comfortable, too. Added the aftermarket dead peddle which made driving distance more comfortable. The 2.0 pulls well!

The 2.0 matches up with the 8 speed in all transfer case ranges. High altitude driving (on and off road) was a snap. The 8 speed seemed happy in 2nd gear, low range (Command Trac) so I left it in auto rather than manual. Always seemed to be in the sweet spot of the power band no matter what we threw at the Jeep. Highway travel was solid too. Never a problem passing!

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
27k miles, passenger door power door lock actuator no longer works, 5 inch radio restarts itself if I connect my phone to their USB ports, rattle after each bump from left side of vehicle, can't tell if it's above or below my head.
lol take it to the dealer. the uconnect 5 is poop, I took mine back 4 times before they finally put in a new radio and all was good! But I did just upgrade to the Uconnect 7 and its a thousand times better lol

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
just about 30k on my 2019 Sport S and im still in love with it haha! no issues so far (accept the damn uconnect 5 issues).

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Just turned 8K miles on my '18 Sport. Left my house at 5:30 Saturday morning and drove 160 miles to PA to do some trails at Rausch Creek. We then spent about 5 hours riding the trails in 4Low, up and down steep hills, through some mud and decent puddles, and had an absolute blast. We left around 3 PM, and got back a little before 6 PM. All in, the computer said we were averaging 23 mpg for the day. That's freakin' amazing IMO. I love this little Jeep more every day!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Jan. 19, 2018 build so very early.

-multiple 6qt oil changes. One I didn't notice for 5k miles
-Weird metallic clicking when turning. Was eventually figured out to be improperly torqued ball joints
-Rear glass replaced as rear window defroster wire popped off
-V41 steering damper recall
-Parts on order for the 08-074-20 steering TSB. My steering isn't too bad but definitely a 2" dead spot

Otherwise mostly trouble free miles and it's been great.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Engine wise just had to go
To the dealership for a PCM issue due to an AIT code that kept
Coming up. Took them like 4 visits to
Figure it out

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove from California to Texas, over 1600 miles in 2 days and I like it even more now. Drove fantastic as I passed the 10,000 mile mark, trouble free. Bought Jan 2019 and have loved it everyday since.
My passenger seat does squeak when someone sits in it, otherwise no issues.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Picked up my Rubicon July 2019, no problems what so ever, however my wife keeps asking if I'm done buying jeep parts.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Drove from California to Texas, over 1600 miles in 2 days and I like it even more now. Drove fantastic as I passed the 10,000 mile mark, trouble free. Bought Jan 2019 and have loved it everyday since.
My passenger seat does squeak when someone sits in it, otherwise no issues.
Mine did too for the seat, theyre replacing the seat track on the passenger side

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
February 2019 build with 17,000 miles. Zero issues to report. 5’ is occasionally laggy but has always worked.

EDIT: Sorry, answered through the "recent posts" area. Thought it was a general discussions thread.

Last edited:

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
At 19k miles the 12v battery crapped out on me so far. No issues with ESS so far though. I got the battery swapped and all is good.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
2018 base Sport, 2.0T, LSD, AC, Hardtop. 2 door. Build date October 2018, so really a 2019, almost. 19,500 miles
Fast,frugal, fun. Issues drivers side Sun Visor, DIY fix ( thank you, Forum) drivers seat not folding back ( DIY , don't dare move it ) and that's it. Love it.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
My 2019 now has air leaks around the windshield which causing a whistling sound on the freeway. I used masking tape on the sides of the windshield and the whistling noises went away. Good thing I'm still under bumper to bumper
Sponsored