Sponsored

How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up?

How are your 18’s early 19’s holding up?

• Total voters
OP
OP
USMCBK1

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Still going strong, can’t wait to go all out and hit the trials and beaches when this all blows over...:please:

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
14000 miles only issues are:
Passenger seat noise when making a turn
Brakes squeak every start up wet or dry
Driver side speaker distorted/ vibration noise
Intermittent uconnect issues
Otherwise still impressed the way she drives and how good she looks clean or dirty :jk:
9BAFD3F6-FA05-46A1-86EB-A6A93D214390.png
what make of hammock holder is the passenger side one?

Sponsored

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
34k miles on ours, and approx. 8k miles of it towing. Running strong, absolutely no issues. Did crack the windshield finally at around 30k miles while towing down to FL.

fullsizeoutput_56a.jpeg

Last edited:

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
19,800 miles.
Has had 315/70/17s on it since 900 miles.

The only drivetrain related issue I have had is that I have just developed a small pinhole type exhaust leak just behind the driver's seat. It is small enough I haven't gotten it to the dealer yet.

General issues not related to the 2.0 drivetrain-
Passenger seat noise that many have
Carplay issues (random location on navigation on restarts sometime which pairs with music/podcasts not starting)

Overall extremely pleased with the Jeep. The only thing I could see trading for would be a Gladiator as I could use the truck bed and extra towing capacity but not so much that I could see eating the depreciation.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I only have one issue. There is evidence of under paint corrosion spots on the doors around some of the hinge plates. Others have reported the same issue and I'd advise all JK owners to closely inspect theirs for it. I didn't realize I had the issue until I read a thread about it on this forum. It is suspected galvanic corrosion caused by faulty coating on the hinge plate fasteners or hinge plates. Other than that, it's been the most enjoyable Wrangler I've ever owned.

OP
OP
USMCBK1

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
19,800 miles.
Has had 315/70/17s on it since 900 miles.

The only drivetrain related issue I have had is that I have just developed a small pinhole type exhaust leak just behind the driver's seat. It is small enough I haven't gotten it to the dealer yet.

General issues not related to the 2.0 drivetrain-
Passenger seat noise that many have
Carplay issues (random location on navigation on restarts sometime which pairs with music/podcasts not starting)

Overall extremely pleased with the Jeep. The only thing I could see trading for would be a Gladiator as I could use the truck bed and extra towing capacity but not so much that I could see eating the depreciation.
I had the passenger seat noise, I found a good dealer that actually took it apart and replaced the entire seat bottom, and now zero noise, and as far as uconnect, I just reset the fuse, and That usually does the trick, I also just attribute it to being like a typical smart phone that gets buggy from time to time... Other than that I can’t deny how awesome it is to drive...

Sponsored

nLadd_JLU

First Name
Nilesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
14000 miles only issues are:
Passenger seat noise when making a turn
Brakes squeak every start up wet or dry
Driver side speaker distorted/ vibration noise
Intermittent uconnect issues
Otherwise still impressed the way she drives and how good she looks clean or dirty :jk:
Jeep Wrangler JL How are those 18’s early 19’s holding up? fullsizeoutput_56a
Love your set up bud!

XACEX

First Name
Shiloh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
2018 with 43k miles now. Motor has been going strong. Only oil/filter changes, and air filter change so far. Did notice a touch of opacy to the exhaust on start up last week. If anything with the pressure the turbo is pushing we will be getting some oil blow by earlier than a non turbo motor. That was at the end of the oils life cycle right before the oil change. Have noticed the oil thinning and smelling a bit like fuel so it is not a surprise. That may end up plugging the cooling core on the intake, and who knows what the long term effects will be on the turbo.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
2018 with 43k miles now. Motor has been going strong. Only oil/filter changes, and air filter change so far. Did notice a touch of opacy to the exhaust on start up last week. If anything with the pressure the turbo is pushing we will be getting some oil blow by earlier than a non turbo motor. That was at the end of the oils life cycle right before the oil change. Have noticed the oil thinning and smelling a bit like fuel so it is not a surprise. That may end up plugging the cooling core on the intake, and who knows what the long term effects will be on the turbo.
Sounds like we need catch cans then.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Picked up my 2018 JLUR in Aug of 19. Around 12,000 miles now.
Upgrades:
Receiver hitch (pirate from my old JK)
DV8 front stubby bumper
Smittybuilt 9500 lbs winch
DV8 rear bumper delete
Custom overhead console
Custom security storage system
RC 2 1/2" spacer lift
Dynomax muffler delete
Mopar 7 wire trailer harness
Various bling/swag add-ons

Only warranty issue was driver's side sun visor
Notables:
New (JL series) Bestop factory soft top is incredible. Strong, quiet, easy to use. 2.0 and auto are just the best at everything. Period. Factory U-Connect radio/boat anchor is predictably shitty and unreliable. As soon as the free SXM expires, I'll put a Seicane in it.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
27k miles, passenger door power door lock actuator no longer works, 5 inch radio restarts itself if I connect my phone to their USB ports, rattle after each bump from left side of vehicle, can't tell if it's above or below my head.
Sponsored