How ‘bout them Tigers!

1. Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Congrats to the the National Championship LSU Tigers on their phenomenal football season culminating in their 4th college football national championship.

There will never be another quarterback to have as great a season as The Legend Joe Burrow. The GOAT.

4xFUN and Sting_NC_USA like this.
  2. Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Lifetime LSU fan and graduate here. Geaux Tigers!

3. OP
    OP
    Chocolate Thunder

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Class of ‘92.

4. Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    '91 here!

5. OP
    OP
    Chocolate Thunder

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Give me your completely biased opinions on a call from late in the game. Pass interference is always a hot button topic. Late in the game, the long pass to Higgins that scored a TD and was called back for offensive pass interference. I read something today (maybe written by a salty Clemson alum?) that actually said that it probably should have been a no call, or if there was a call it should have been against Vincent because he initiated contact and that he was beaten on the play. What? Am I wrong or did Higgins not grab Vincent by the jersey on his right shoulder and sling him to the ground enabling him to catch the pass that would have otherwise likely been broken up? Vincent grabbed Higgins as he went down, but Higgins initiated the illegal interference. Am I right or wrong?

76F66717-F23C-47B0-B38B-7BA655B8D744.gif

Yes, Clyde definitely stepped out of bounds on that long run and refs didn’t see it. PAC-12 officiating sucks as bad as SEC.

6. sanctuarydrive

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JL Sahara
    Liked:
    It was a great game by LSU and their team. Congratulations to the team and fans. I though Clemson really had them stymied in the 1st quarter with their defensive schemes. However, LSU figured it out and were off and running/passing. The LSU quarterback is the real deal. I would love to see the Detroit Lions make a deal in the draft to get him. It won't happen and if the Bengals did do it, they should be checked for serious drug use.

I'm a fan of football and enjoy how these teams play the game. Unfortunately, the teams I follow do not play at the same level as the top tier teams. Over the years, I have learned to enjoy Michigan State & Michigan wins and to accept the losses through the last two decades. The difference in talent is really obvious when we play SEC teams in the bowl games. We haven't played Clemson in a bowl yet, but if we did take Tigers and the spread.

7. Buckster

Buckster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 billet silver JLUR, '16 Grand Cherokee Overland, '12 BMW 328i cab
    Liked:
    Power Generation
    Garage Profiles:
    The pass interference should have been a no call. Both players were physical during the route. The Clemson receiver did grab the defenders jersey, but in no way did he "throw him down" to make the catch. IMHO, the receiver slowed down and the defenders momentum caused him to go down due to being slightly out of position.
    Either way, enjoy it while you can because we'll be back.....Roll Tide :like:

8. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Congrats to you LSU fans! A good old friend of mine once played for LSU and had a short pro career. Great guy. His name is Marty Wetzel. I'm sure he's a pretty happy alum now, too!

9. OP
    OP
    Chocolate Thunder

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Lolz! I guess what your eyes show you when you look at something that seems pretty objective is filtered through which colored glasses you’re looking through. There were a number of poor calls against both teams during the game. I don’t think they determined the outcome. LSU had a hit on a player that could/should have been targeting later in the game if I remember correctly.

Thank you. We will enjoy it, until someone takes it. See you next year in Death Valley.

10. Buckster

Buckster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 billet silver JLUR, '16 Grand Cherokee Overland, '12 BMW 328i cab
    Liked:
    Power Generation
    Garage Profiles:
    No doubt, Clemson played hard but in the end LSU was simply too physically dominant. Congrats.

11. Rolling Ragu

Rolling Ragu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle(s):
    None
    Liked:
    '92 grad here! Band member while I was there. Went on to get another degree at Clemson and live an hour from there. I will ALWAYS be an LSU Tiger first!

12. cosine

cosine Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler Sport jl
    Liked:
    Gone Postal
    I agree. I going for clemson, on a bet. Either way, it was a great game.