How’s your ride on 37s?

jsingh13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS300, 2021 White JLUR 3.6
Just installed 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers 3.6 with 4;10. I am very happy with this set up but may go to 4:88. Does anyone have a 4:88 or 5:13 opinion? mainly daily driven around town with weekend trips 80 miles to the lake in the country?
Honestly i just think the 37's with the RK 2.5 lift just fit the body perfectly.
IMG_7478.jpg
Sick jeep! Looking into 37's, do these have radial pull or sway the jeep on the highway?? Shop near me recommended Pro Comp MT2's instead of Nittos because of the pull and sway that Nittos' cause
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
The ride is fantastic!

37x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grappler w/ Method MR312's and Metal Cloak 3.5-inch lift.

c_oc=AQkOQWMQGH2u2rqwU5mbjFZexDjghqzb713IdlaFA3VPYR0juJMv6jSFZtiCBCHwPaU&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg
Are you in stock gears, how is the ride those trip grapplers are one of the heavier 37s, I also hear they are the quietest mt and if they are like my ridge grapplers indestructible

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
While my 37/12.5 KM2s are very noisy the ride itself is soft and stable. Stock gears with 3.6 and I see 8th frequently on the interstate at 77-78 mph on level ground and if I do not have a head wind. MPGs dropped around 1-2 at highway speed...my recent 5 hour jaunt to Marble Falls, Texas I averaged 16.0 mpg there with a strong head wind and side wind. On the way back 4 days later I averaged 19.5 mpg. Pretty incredible if you ask me. I am going to get some Falken AT3s/Ridge Grapplers or something similar so the tire noise is gone for long trips then it will be perfect. Jeep has tons of power and will still light the tires up from a stop if you take traction control off lol that deep first gear is amazing. My brother in his stock 3.6 JLUR with 315s got .7 mpg better both ways fyi.
Jeep Wrangler JL How’s your ride on 37s? NPEU1723.PNG

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Mopar lift and 37 KM3s, Jeep rides great and as others have mentioned, I cannot believe the stock gearing and power. Takes off at the light with the 2.0 turbo

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
37x12.5x17 BFG Km3's. 3.5" MC lift full adjustable arms and track bars. Falcon shocks and steering dampener. Drives straight at 80 mph with no bump steer, wondering, or wobble. Can drive with one hand comfortably. 15-16mpg at 75 / 17-18mpg at 65 with 4.10 gears automatic transmission.

Key is having adjustable arms and track bars on anything over 2.5" so that you can center everything correctly. I have toe at 1/8" in and caster at about 7 degrees. For me I noticed driveline vibration at over 9 caster when troubleshooting. At 4 and below of caster it would wonder and not self center well. 6-7 seems to keep the wheels centered and not have the vibration. Vibration does start increasing rapidly after 85mph though.
Jeep Wrangler JL How’s your ride on 37s? NPEU1723.PNG

View attachment 200800
7 is what I have mine at and it changed the whole jeep. Jeep set the castor way too anemic on the JLs and caused all these death wobble issues. Its ridiculous. Easy to fix with lower control arms but we should not have to trouble shoot the geometry lol.

Sponsored

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ring and pinion gear teeth on 5.

With 5.13’s, ring and pinion gear teeth are considerably thinner than stock 4.10’s. 37 inch tires add 20# to weight plus additional weight of a wider rim. Huge stress on all components, not to mention brake wear. It’s just a matter of time until something breaks.
Yep only breaks have been with guys changing gears out for 5.13 or 5.38s etc. I am very comfortable with the beating mine has taken with stock 4.10s these components are very strong compared to the old days. Glad to have a Jeep that can run 37s in almost stock form. Just a 2 inch lift and some castor adjustment and you are good to run 95% of the trails in the country and drive home in comfort.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Are 37s really worth the upgraded over 35s? In reality, you are only adding one extra inch of ground clearance. I don't have a JL, never had 37s; that's why I am asking.

*comparing to 35s

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The tire!

If you have a blowout and Nitto finds out that you are running 7.5" width rims, when they clearly state in their literature that the "approved rim width for that tire is 8.5" - 11.0", I think they are going to look at you and the potential jury and say "that tire was mounted improperly and the fact that the blowout caused your Jeep to lose control, flip over, and thus kill your passenger, while we are very sorry for your loss, we are not responsible because your warranty was voided due to the fact that, as we stated, the tire was mounted improperly." Sorry... I work with a lot of attorneys in my profession and I always try to imagine the worse scenario.

Hey... I love the factory Rubicon wheels/rims. When I get my 2020 and change out the tires, I would like to keep the original wheels as well. I am just asking the question..."can we... safely?". According to the manufacturers literature out there, 7.5" width rims are NOT approved for 37" tires. It doesn't mean that you can't mount them and air them up and drive them, but if the 7.5" width is putting excessive side wall strain on the tire due to the narrow width of the rim and it causes the tire to fail prematurely, you have voided the warranty on the tire and have relieved Nitto from any responsibility. You know as well as I do that the tire manufacturer will put their money on that fact.

This could potentially even relieve your auto insurer's responsibility as well because even they may conclude that running an unsafe wheels/tire combination on your Jeep caused the accident, which puts 100% of the responsibility on you. Hey... it's a fu*ked up litigious world out there . I hate it. It sucks. But, that's where we are today.

My friend... I am just asking the question and seeking the truth and wanting my Jeep to be safe. I'm sure you feel the same.
We have run 35x12.5 on a 16x6 dually wheel for years on lifted duallys back in the day when there were no wheels choices out there...never had a problem over multiple trucks and towing 12K pounds. The lawyers make everyone nervous :) I run 37x12.5 on stock wheels as well and they tuck beautifully with a 2 inch lift when you increase the backspacing you are just adding leverage to every component under the front end. The 7.5 inch wheels also act as a poor mans beadlock at lower PSI ( i run mine at 11-12) you are less likely to blow a bead off road as well! win win!

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are 37s really worth the upgraded over 35s? In reality, you are only adding one extra inch of ground clearance. I don't have a JL, never had 37s; that's why I am asking.

*comparing to 35s
You would not think a inch is worth it but offroad you can tell every inch you add or take away. Also its the clearance under the whole jeep when aired down as well. An aired down 37 will have a huge traction tire area advantage and still have same clearance as a 35 at full air pressure. Offroad its all a battle of inches not feet. On road doesn't really matter its just the aesthetic

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
some times just 1 inch makes all the difference.

Sponsored

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

*comparing to 35s
YES

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because this is America and bigger is always better!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I just took off 76lb 35” e ply ridge grapplers that felt stiff and felt sluggish, and put in d ply 37” ko2 and the vehicle drives so much better acceleration, breaking, smooth upto 80mph with one hand... finding 8th gear easily

8A54128E-6633-4FEC-A5AC-D7FC7D23E91C.jpeg

AB529039-C28E-4C8E-A85D-729BFCBB6E90.jpeg

EFEC98B2-B2A9-4897-AF7F-C9C2A0C027F6.jpeg
Sponsored