Hotspot stopped working on uconnect

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was enjoying my hotspot until recently. Nothing has changed (aside from my radio installing updates). I noticed that none of my devices (Pixel 6 pro, Note20 Ultra, Android Tablet, even my Crapbook Pro) won't connect to the Hotspot. Says the internet is not available.

I only have 60 days left from my subscription. Thing is, I work remotely now so it is ideal to have this as a backup. Is there a fix for this, or suggestions on what to do?
Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
Itā€™s not 3G.

I was enjoying my hotspot until recently. Nothing has changed (aside from my radio installing updates). I noticed that none of my devices (Pixel 6 pro, Note20 Ultra, Android Tablet, even my Crapbook Pro) won't connect to the Hotspot. Says the internet is not available.

I only have 60 days left from my subscription. Thing is, I work remotely now so it is ideal to have this as a backup. Is there a fix for this, or suggestions on what to do?
Follow this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wifi-hotspot-stopped-working.32242/

Remove fuse F97, count to 10, replace and donā€™t freak out when your UConnect looks different. WiFi start working again and after a few starts the UConnect will look normal once it resets itself.

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Itā€™s not 3G.

Follow this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wifi-hotspot-stopped-working.32242/

Remove fuse F97, count to 10, replace and donā€™t freak out when your UConnect looks different. WiFi start working again and after a few starts the UConnect will look normal once it resets itself.
Thanks. I saw that thread right after posting (sigh). I can confirm that removing F97 resolved the issue. Honestly, the internet is slow through the radio so I don't think I'm going to renew it anyhow (I have about 65 days left). My Verizon is twice as fast as the hotspot (I barely get 2Mbps download on AT&T). I can't work remotely or rely on that for remote work.

And you're right, it's not 3g - it's 4g. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored