Sponsored

Hotheads Headliners/Headliners in general

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So it’s been a while from different posts I’ve been searching on headliners. Anyone one care to share their thoughts or recommendations on the Hotheads headliners or other headliners that installed them. Thinking of purchasing the Hotheads headliner but wondering if they are worth the money or if I should hold off and use that money elsewhere. They are not cheap.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Climate control, noise reduction, aesthetics or other? Where and what priorities do you have for acquiring them? What else might you use the money for on, among other places, your rig?

OP
OP
rjrubi

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Climate control, noise reduction, aesthetics or other? Where and what priorities do you have for acquiring them? What else might you use the money for on, among other places, your rig?
Probably climate control. I don’t seem to have that much of a noise problem in my Rubi. Other items of interest are the Rancho 2.0 lift I’m looking into and possibly swapping out the front grille to the satin black grille

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Probably climate control. I don’t seem to have that much of a noise problem in my Rubi. Other items of interest are the Rancho 2.0 lift I’m looking into and possibly swapping out the front grille to the satin black grille
I'm of the opinion that headliners--which I concede to not being a huge fan of--DO have strong indication in the Texas sun for heat reduction. Were I in your locale I'd probably be inclined to get them.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So it’s been a while from different posts I’ve been searching on headliners. Anyone one care to share their thoughts or recommendations on the Hotheads headliners or other headliners that installed them. Thinking of purchasing the Hotheads headliner but wondering if they are worth the money or if I should hold off and use that money elsewhere. They are not cheap.
Being in South Florida myself, I have put them on my list, but with the "Tourist Season" (winter) coming, I expect cooler weather for the next few months, and will probably have the tops off a lot more, so it's something I plan to wait until probably April to purchase.

Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I have a set of Hotheads in my JK. They went in easy and kept the heat down this last summer. I bought the version with sound deadener and I'm not sure how much it helped, but I don't get any rattles with a 10 inch subwoofer.

The hot heads stuff is a little more money than the others but they're made in USA, and the quality is very high. I just haven't gotten around to getting a set yet for my wifes JL.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I have the Hotheads and Sound Assassins in my JL. Would definitely recommend them. Their customer service is top notch too!

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I had the Mopar headliner installed at the factory because I knew I didn't want to go a day without a heat shield for the sun with my black top. They work, the radiant heat is not an issue. That being said, the Mopar headliner is only just adequate and doesn't really do anything else. The only pro is how nicely trimmed it is around the rear window, and that part is removable with Velcro. The Mopar liner material is smooth: Velcro and stickers do not adhere at all.

I would personally prefer a complete ozite carpet treatment over the entire inner surface, with additional padding on the thinner parts, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option. My previous pickup cab had that option...

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
I’ve been thinking of adding some sound deading, reflective panels, and then covering the sections or the whole roof in carpet. It doesn’t look like too hard of a dyi project. I added reflective material to the roof of a previous car and it helped keep the inside temperature down.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
The Mrs. headed up the install of Hot Heads & Sound Assasins in my JL and I love them. It’s now as quiet and cool in my JL as in her Durango. And we’re in Florida!

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
How does the hotheads price compare to the mopar headliner? , I ordered my new JL with the factory Mopar headliner. Traffic and the hot California sun.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners has started our Thanksgiving Sale. If your'e looking for the best headliners on the market for your JL have a look at ours. Our headliners are multi-layered, finished with real headliner fabric & even have radiant barrier on the back. All of our headliners are made in the USA using American materials.
Use the discount code "THANKS" to get 10% off all orders plus free shipping on all JL headliners.
Call or email us at: 714-872-2071 or [email protected]
Web site link (pictures & videos): www.hotheadheadliners.com
thanks for your support,
Mark

Full Top.jpg

Facebook.jpg

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners has started our Thanksgiving Sale. If your'e looking for the best headliners on the market for your JL have a look at ours. Our headliners are multi-layered, finished with real headliner fabric & even have radiant barrier on the back. All of our headliners are made in the USA using American materials.
Use the discount code "THANKS" to get 10% off all orders plus free shipping on all JL headliners.
Call or email us at: 714-872-2071 or [email protected]
Web site link (pictures & videos): www.hotheadheadliners.com
thanks for your support,
Mark

Full Top.jpg

Facebook.jpg
I put these in with rear side panels the first month for the NM heat. I would highly recommend them for both heat and reducing the noise level. Great product!

Last edited:

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I cant speak to the actual product (my JL still hasnt shipped yet) but I got order conformation and then a tracking number all in under an hour of ordering. If the product is as good as the service so far I'll be a happy jeeper!

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL
I’ll echo what some others have said. Got the Hot Heads with the Assasin strips and love them. The fit is perfect and how much heat/cold and noise it’s reducing is debatable (just meaning I don’t have actual stats), but definitely helping. Looks and feels great too. If you’re a first time installer and picky, plan on it taking a couple hours from the time you unbox to the time you are tossing the garbage.
Sponsored