HotHead Sound Assassin Strips...What do they do?

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Following this thread

Advertisement

dugal

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1974 BMW R90/6
Occupation
Retired, the best job I ever had.
I'm very interested in feedback on the Sound Assassins both on the hardtop and floor. I love the JL but would like to reduce the interior noise level. I measured the interior (2018 JLU Sahara) noise at 81 db at 60 mph. As a comparison, my 2018 JKU Wrangler was 89 db, a significant difference. It would be nice to hear from folks who have installed the Sound Assassins either on the roof, floor or both and have measured the difference. I used a sound app (Decibel X) on my phone to do the measurements. I'm following this thread as well.

johnbrochill

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I would also be interested on any findings between the factory headliner and Sound Assassin/HotHeads in terms of noise reduction. They are both around the same cost ($500) for the 4 door, so is it worth it to spend a bit more on the Factory to not have to deal with the installation?

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I had a JK with the Mopar headliners and now a JL with the Hothead liners and sound assassin strips. I'm a retired aerospace engineer so I over thought the issue but it comes down to anything you put between you and the outside will help. Will it be a night and day comparison? No. It will slightly deaden higher frequency noise and provide some level of heat barrier. I would not recommend installing the headliners without the sound assassin strips based on the shape of the inside of the top. I can't say enough about the quality and the fit and finish of Hothead products though. They are much better than the competition.

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Installed the Hotheads w/ Sound Assassins about a year ago, and have been super happy with them. They are well made and fit like a glove. I feel like they make the cabin a quieter and more pleasant place to pass the time. I purchased the SA’s figuring they couldn’t hurt, and haven’t been disappointed.

Recently, one panel in the back started to come down in the corner, so I have pulled it completely off so I can re-tape the whole panel. The other panels all seem well attached, so hopefully this is just an anomaly.

Adding a few pics since I have one panel off anyway...

87C3EE9B-F4CA-403D-BFB5-B3E0DBD14EC0.jpeg

E5D677A2-9B14-42D2-A594-DFDF355118B5.jpeg

8872DE72-D939-444B-8267-107B9E7D1324.jpeg

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Just installed mine but haven’t had a chance to put hardtop back on the Jeep. I’m still running softop atm. I can say the product is quality period. It looks fantastic and breaks up the bland white.

I’ll update soon as I put top on before our 95+degree weather plus 90%humidity arrives lol

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement