Sponsored

Hothead soft top headliner: anyone have a review?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Not finding a ton out there on these. No youtube reviews, just install videos.

Hothead Soft Top Headliner

Anyone have first hand experience with these that you could share? Noticeable difference on heat insulation?

Planning dual top group option, and definitely planning on getting one with sound assassin for the hard top.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Not finding a ton out there on these. No youtube reviews, just install videos.

Hothead Soft Top Headliner

Anyone have first hand experience with these that you could share? Noticeable difference on heat insulation?

Planning dual top group option, and definitely planning on getting one with sound assassin for the hard top.
Hi Jay, we just introduced these, so not many reviews on our site yet. You can expect the same quality and performance as our standard Soft Top Headliners if you're looking for comparisons and reviews.

There are a couple other threads on the forum where customers are providing their feedback as well.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sky-one-touch-headliner.36352/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hotheads-for-sky-one-touch.65304/

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out directly.
-Mark

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I have it. It definitely was noticeable for the sound. It also helped keep the jeep from getting too cold during the snowstorm we had last week
Did you get the optional sound dampening butyl rubber tape?

It looks like a good idea, but if you ever want to remove it for whatever reason, I wonder how much of a pain it would be. And how good it would look afterwards.

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
figured I would bump this thread back up as there's likely folks that have had some time with these now...

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
was wondering the same thing myself. I have the dual top, and love my Hothead headliners on it. was considering doing the soft top headliner for the 7 months I am soft top.

My big question is how easy it is to install / remove, and if could be rolled back when using the sunrider position.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
was wondering the same thing myself. I have the dual top, and love my Hothead headliners on it. was considering doing the soft top headliner for the 7 months I am soft top.

My big question is how easy it is to install / remove, and if could be rolled back when using the sunrider position.
Hi Matt, installation is a breeze. After the initial quick installation, it only takes minutes to install/remove going forward. The regular Soft Top Headliner cannot be rolled back when using the sunrider position.

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
Hi Matt, installation is a breeze. After the initial quick installation, it only takes minutes to install/remove going forward. The regular Soft Top Headliner cannot be rolled back when using the sunrider position.

I've been impressed with what I've read about the Hotheads Headliners, but have been looking for feedback about its use in a soft top. So, am I understanding your comment above correctly, Matt: the headliner is useable only if you keep the soft top closed all the time?
Sponsored