First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Searched and couldn't find anything other than some posts acknowledging that it exists, so if I missed it somewhere please point me in the right direction. Looking for some real world feedback on the Hotheads headliner for the Sky One Touch top? Anyone out there using it yet and if so, how do you like it so far? Any issues? Thanks!
Sponsored

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
I have one arriving this coming week. I haven't read or heard a negative thing about. Provides a finished look on the interior roof, provides more insulation from heat and cold, and reduces noise within the cabin. Seems relatively easy to install. Looking forward to getting mine installed.

Plenty of discussion in this thread

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hotheads-for-sky-one-touch.65304/

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Everyone I've talked to with one loves it. I have one... just waiting in the jeep itself to show up so I can install it.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Have had one installed for a few months. Worst thing about it is the crinkle noise when it folds back with the top. Seems to be nice quality so far and it does reduce some noise, not as much as I hoped, but as much as I reasonably expected. As far as keeping heat in, it seems to work. It has been -2 F here for a few days and I stayed nice and toasty in my Jeep. I have nothing to compare it to, however, because it was installed before it got cold.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I have one arriving this coming week. I haven't read or heard a negative thing about. Provides a finished look on the interior roof, provides more insulation from heat and cold, and reduces noise within the cabin. Seems relatively easy to install. Looking forward to getting mine installed.

Plenty of discussion in this thread

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hotheads-for-sky-one-touch.65304/
Thanks! Not sure why that didn't come up when I did my search! Much appreciated!

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the feedback and the link!

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Mopar just released a line of hotheads for JLs with the SOT:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hot heads Headliner for Sky One Touch? 1641669523316
Can't wait to see the recalls and the TSBs to go with it! And the "adjusted market value" should be interesting as well!

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I have it and it works just fine. The quality is very good, I went the extra mile and used adhesive promoter on all the areas the velcro will be used for extra insurance it won't come loose on super hot days.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Searched and couldn't find anything other than some posts acknowledging that it exists, so if I missed it somewhere please point me in the right direction. Looking for some real world feedback on the Hotheads headliner for the Sky One Touch top? Anyone out there using it yet and if so, how do you like it so far? Any issues? Thanks!
I love mine! Has cut down on the noise! I live in moderate temperatures in Santa Barbara, so can’t comment on temperature insulation! Was easy to install!

Sponsored

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
Received and installed my skyliner yesterday. Love It. As it was said to do, it provides a more finished look, provides insulation against the elements, and definitely diminishes cabin noise. Relatively easy to install, and well worth it. I ordered it in graphite, to be a little lighter than black, but not quite so light as the grey finish.

Also picked up the rear side window panels, which provide a more finished look as well.

F18E2E07-21D5-4164-A4FB-12089E7CA016.jpeg

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Was the wind noise reduction noticeable or just a very slight improvement?

Taco2Rubi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I've had mine in now for about 1mo. I can honestly say that it's a marked difference in road noise reduction. The only negative I might mention was noted earlier in a previous post, making the observation of the slight crinkling noise when you open your SOT. In addition, I can say the Jeep does cool quicker when the AC is on. Since my JLU is only 2mo old, hopefully the same will hold true for winter and warm up quicker with the extra insulation. Very easy to install and so far very satisfied with purchasing
Sponsored