Sponsored

Horrible gas mileage jl

TXPearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS 4xe
What is up with this shit? The guy’s screen name is Sherpa1. His first name is Passang. That’s a credible Nepalese name.

His English isn’t superb. Check again for a Nepalese immigrant.

Last I checked, we didn’t have gangs of illegal Nepalese immigrants storming the Statue of Liberty.

What about this man and his post set y’all off?

I don’t get it.
Appears the only one that got 'set off' is you. If one is going to post an indecipherable message (poll?), expect to get snarky feedback, Nepalese immigrant or not. (Honestly, could've been a lot worse)

To the OP's apparent question, 13 mpg is hard to achieve unless you're in constant stop/go city driving (or running 90+ on the highway). What's your avg. speed?
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The other day i was on the freeway with cruise control set to 70mph. Was often getting 28mpg on stock rubi tires. Was in 8th gear when hitting that number. Cruise control works wonders for mpg. I use it whenever i can.

I have not recalibrated my ecm so not sure if that throws the mpg off. I know it affects the accuracy of the speed.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Just got 22.8mpg on my 600 mile trip to and from Ouray and that includes running the trails where I'm getting like 8mpg. Been getting consistent 19's running 90% city otherwise.
AND YOU don't say what engine on your rig . . . neither does your profile page info . . . ? ? ? Always find myself needlessly having to GUESS what the hell is and isn't these days . . . shouldn't have to do that HERE on the Forum too !
Apparently it's true . . . the more things change the more they really stay the same ? ? ? That's bassackwards progress for ya ! ?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
AND YOU don't say what engine on your rig . . . neither does your profile page info . . . ? ? ? Always find myself needlessly having to GUESS what the hell is and isn't these days . . . shouldn't have to do that HERE on the Forum too !
Apparently it's true . . . the more things change the more they really stay the same ? ? ? That's bassackwards progress for ya ! ?
Lol man I'm sorry to inconvenience you on the public forum. Please quote in the original question where he asked this question by engine? I posted my experience.

Speaking of which I can't see where YOU say what engine you have in your imaginary JL? Or your profile page? It's about as relevant as your comment above. I guess we are supposed to guess by your username? Progress for ya!!!11!

And it was the 3.6 for everyone else who was legitimately concerned.

Sponsored

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
In my 19 rubi, with heavy city driving I was averaging at my absolute lowest 12.2mpg. I slowly worked this number up through a lot of coasting, and the use of autostopstart. I am now averaging nearly 18mpg only city driving.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just had around 13.6. I think I'll start a new thread on this and try to alert the Jeep police then they'll reclaim my JL and give me one that gets better mileage. I know FCA is hoarding these special Wranglers for special people like me. :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

OP
OP
sherpa1

sherpa1

First Name
passang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jl sport unlimited
my 2018 JL Sport S with the 3.6L and 8 speed auto i was getting about 25mpg on highway and about 23 in city. that was with the stock wheels and tires i upgraded to 285x70r17s and i am now getting about 22mpg on highway and about 20 in city. so it has to be the way you drive or do you live at the top of a huge hill that you drive 8 times a day.
I have no idea what to do, dealer say nothing happen to my jeep but they did test drive already many times and even they know the milages is bad but never solve, i talk about lemon law but they ignore they say there is no problem in my jeep , i think its factory defect i don't know how to solve my problem, or where to go or contact right person. i don't know the law about it,
is any one know what to do for this situation, contact with right person who can fights or listen for customer.
i live in New York dive only 20 miles a day to work, also not in city no traffic and hill.

Sponsored

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I have a 2019 Moab with 2500 miles on it. I'm getting about 18 mpg in the city.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I have no idea what to do, dealer say nothing happen to my jeep but they did test drive already many times and even they know the milages is bad but never solve, i talk about lemon law but they ignore they say there is no problem in my jeep , i think its factory defect i don't know how to solve my problem, or where to go or contact right person. i don't know the law about it,
is any one know what to do for this situation, contact with right person who can fights or listen for customer.
i live in New York dive only 20 miles a day to work, also not in city no traffic and hill.
I think you need to talk with someone at Jeep and not your dealer

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I like to take the bike to the gym each day , its an exhilarating 8 mile ride at 6 AM on a winding mountainous road and it wakes me up! This morning I took the jeep, as I never really get to drive it. Lets face it, the Jeep punches a pretty square hole in the air and its packs a few pounds, so good gas mileage is not to be expected. I have to say , I was quite surprised to see the average mileage at 26.3 on the screen when I started it up. The JLU is my wife's dd and she probably drives with a light foot. Average speed prolly between 45 and 55. We live in a very rural area ( you have to drive 25 miles to find a traffic light ) , the roads are serpentine and hilly, and the jeep has standard, very benign tread ( no all terrain tires yet ). I have to assume this thing is set up to get the very best mileage a 4 cylinder Jeep could get. If we lived in Nebraska, in corn country, it might get close to 30 mpg. Living in the city ,in stop and go traffic, is gonna murder your mileage. I dont know how you urban dwellers do it. Oh yeah , and it drinks non ethanol 91 0ctane gas.

Last edited:

NCBound

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Send a private message to @JeepCares. They can help to setup continued service or work to escalate the issue and make sure you are being heard and that your needs are being met.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
How are you checking your gas mileage? If you are checking it on the instrument panel, try resetting the gas mileage. Then drive a day or so and recheck it. If you are filling up every day, that's a problem. But if you don't reset your gas mileage, you are seeing the average gas mileage over a long period of time. With a lot of city driving, you will see a drop in gas mileage. Hope this helps.
Sponsored