Sponsored

HornBlasters Wrango Horn Kit install on 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.6L WITH eTorque

Corey_schissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 BEACH Edition wrangler Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone successfully installed train horn on a 2021 or newer with eTorque engine? I haven’t found any space. I understand hornblasters doesn’t make one for 2022 because of eTorque. We’re any of you able to find space and make it work?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Ten North Prez

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, Toyota 4th Gen V8 4 Runner
If you insist on being "that guy", know that in your State you can be cited for it as well. I'll give you one guess as to who the below was written for.

FLORIDA
Florida Statutes 316.271 – Horns and warning devices - No horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. No vehicle shall be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle, any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
If you insist on being "that guy", know that in your State you can be cited for it as well. I'll give you one guess as to who the below was written for.

FLORIDA
Florida Statutes 316.271 – Horns and warning devices - No horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. No vehicle shall be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle, any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section.
Who gets to determine was is or isn't "reasonable"?

Ten North Prez

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, Toyota 4th Gen V8 4 Runner
Who gets to determine was is or isn't "reasonable"?
The Police (always a reasonable and understanding bunch). I'm pretty sure even the dumbest cop out there could make a "reasonable" argument that the TRAIN horn on your JL might be a bit overboard.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Bad idea, and particularly dangerous to motorcyclists. [I've been a nearby "train whistle" victim when someone was roadraging another car. Nearly dumped my bike]. WAY too dangerous to startle other, uninvolved vehicles in close proximity.

Last edited:

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software
Why not buy a train? heard they are cheaper than jeep these days.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
You’re more likely to instigate or exacerbate a road rage incident than anything. Florida recently passed new noise laws for loud music although it also includes “other mechanical sound-making devices or instruments in vehicles”. I’d assume anything audible from 25ft would open you up for citations.

Plus it’s definitely a hazard to motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians.

Last edited:

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They better be ready to be shot back at around here.
You're going to SUBSTANTIALLY increase your legal defense bill arguing self defense when you start the altercation using an illegal train horn.