Horn Sound When Exiting Running Vehicle

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
The 3 beeps is extremely annoying. There has to be a way to reprogram this car. This is a Jeep. It's the most customizable car on the market. There has to be a way.
Hi,

Yes a Tazar, must be a new government regulation as my 2020 Challenger doesn't do the beep thing.

Regards,
Jim
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

The only reason a new vehicle " Beeps the horn " is if the keys are left in it and have the prox locking doors. every manufacture has this as a warning about the key as stated above. this is in the system is not customizable. the new one thats worst is the " back seat reminder" this is there because the new generation parents are dumb enough to not know they have a kid in a car seat sleeping and forgot about him or her and they died from over heating in a closed vehicle. If you do this you shouldn't be a parent. as a DAD i have no clue how you could even do this. tired or not, etc. just plain dumb. and now we all have to have this stupid reminded because of it. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Jeepiner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Also just to clarify.

Tazer does have a "Kill3Honk" function to disable what is being described in this thread! However, the feature only applies to the driver door. Even with Kill3Honk enabled, the vehicle will beep if you trigger any of the passenger doors.

I figured that out this morning when loading/unloading my gym bag, and reached out to Z Auto. Hopefully they will add a future update applying it to all doors.

EDIT: Apparently this was done by design, with no current plans to change it at the moment.​

GoFastJTRD

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Also just to clarify.

Tazer does have a "Kill3Honk" function to disable what is being described in this thread! However, the feature only applies to the driver door. Even with Kill3Honk enabled, the vehicle will beep if you trigger any of the passenger doors.

I figured that out this morning when loading/unloading my gym bag, and reached out to Z Auto. Hopefully they will add a future update applying it to all doors.

EDIT: Apparently this was done by design, with no current plans to change it at the moment.​
which product do you use to reprogram your Jeep?

This is the last annoying bug I need to fix on my Jeep. I already killed the auto start/stop feature with the AutostopEliminator and disabled the auto park ā€œfeatureā€ with a seatbelt extender.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
must be a new government regulation as my 2020 Challenger doesn't do the beep thing.
My 2021 Sport doesn't beep, ever, but it has manual locks. Possibly this is an encumbrance limited to vehicles with power door locks. Yes, I've a buttonless key fob, but its electronics seem limited to allowing the vehicle to start (i.e., a distinctly separate proximity function.)

I already killed the auto start/stop feature with the Autostop Eliminator, and disabled the auto park ā€œfeatureā€ with a seatbelt extender.
Exactly what I've done. Money well spent.

Sponsored

Kaptain

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe
Hey all! Iā€˜ve noticed that my new 2021 Jeep will beep the horn a few times if I get out while itā€™s running. This is always while hopping out quickly to grab something. Itā€™s been annoying every time, but especially if Iā€™m somewhere such as a campground. My 2018 definitely did NOT do this.

Iā€˜ve looked through the settings and didnā€™t see anything obvious to disable it. Iā€™ve already disabled the lock/unlock horn, so itā€™s clearly not related to that. I havenā€™t found much info via searching. Iā€™m worried this is something that Iā€™m stuck with, but wanted to post here in case anyone knows how to disable this feature.

Thanks!
Do you have a 4xe? IF so, I understand there is no way to turn it off, but I have heard there is a setting to turn it off in all others...

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Mine only honks when I get out and try to lock it at the handle with the spare keys in my girlfriend's purse inside the jeep. I can use the fob to lock it though. 2021 JLUR.

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
I thought I read inserting a seat belt extender, will disable the 3 honk. Damn thing gets me every time. Doors are off right now, key fob in pocket, I get out for a quick second and slightly step away from the jeep.......HONK HONK HONK

Last edited:

Jeepiner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
which product do you use to reprogram your Jeep?

This is the last annoying bug I need to fix on my Jeep. I already killed the auto start/stop feature with the AutostopEliminator and disabled the auto park ā€œfeatureā€ with a seatbelt extender.
Tazer JL Mini by Z Automotive. It's a wonderful programmer -- it makes the AutostopEliminator obsolete by including that as one of the tazer's many features.

Smoke ā€˜Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
19 JLR didnā€™t do this. 22 JLR does. Iā€™d love to flog the jackass who thought this was necessary!

On a typical day Iā€™m in and out of my Jeep with keys in pocket and Jeep running a half dozen or more times.

Is there no way to disable this ā€œfeatureā€?

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

19 JLR didnā€™t do this. 22 JLR does. Iā€™d love to flog the jackass who thought this was necessary!

On a typical day Iā€™m in and out of my Jeep with keys in pocket and Jeep running a half dozen or more times.

Is there no way to disable this ā€œfeatureā€?
As others have mentioned: a Tazer JL can disable it for the driver's door. And, of course, it can do a crapload of other things.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
You can disable it by not getting out of a running vehicle with the FOB in your pocket. I agree it is annoying but IMHO isn't that big of a deal

Willus

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL
I deal with the triple honk everyday. I'm a mailman and my jeep was honking at every house and their neighbors with each package delivery! Now I just leave the keys inside or Don't shut the door all the way. Small town northern Michigan so not much to worry about. Just annoying.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
You can disable it by not getting out of a running vehicle with the FOB in your pocket. I agree it is annoying but IMHO isn't that big of a deal
Itā€™s a big deal for everyone else that doesnā€™t want their Jeep stolen while they are warming it up / cooling it down, or making a quick trip inside while leaving others in the Jeep.
Sponsored