Horn beep on remote lock

Purity’sPa

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I cant believe this question hasn’t been asked/answered but I searched for it before asking and couldn’t find any info. How do get rid of the ridiculous horn beep every time I lock the doors with remote?

Also, is it possible to have the proximity unlock option added if it was not equipped from the factory? This is the first automobile I’ve owned in the past 10 years that lacked this feature and I’m surprised how much I miss it.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I cant believe this question hasn’t been asked/answered but I searched for it before asking and couldn’t find any info. How do get rid of the ridiculous horn beep every time I lock the doors with remote?

Also, is it possible to have the proximity unlock option added if it was not equipped from the factory? This is the first automobile I’ve owned in the past 10 years that lacked this feature and I’m surprised how much I miss it.
@Purity’sPa

Brice, look in your Uconnect settings in regard to the beep. Yes, the proximity can be added supposedly, but very pricey to do so.

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392

This is how to fix it on the 8.2" UConnect:
MVIMG_20180617_135841.jpg

IMG_20180617_135850.jpg

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Cannot add the factory proximity option after receiving the vehicle. There may be aftermarket options, but the factory system cannot be added after build.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I wish more people would disable the Lock Honk crap. Nothing irritates me more than the neighbor double checking the car is locked at 11:00 pm by hitting it 3 times........thanks for waking up the whole neighborhood ass hat.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wish more people would disable the Lock Honk crap. Nothing irritates me more than the neighbor double checking the car is locked at 11:00 pm by hitting it 3 times........thanks for waking up the whole neighborhood ass hat.
I hear ya buddy! I've also noticed lately, that the higher dollar sports and luxury cars have a quick triple honk. As if one wasn't enough. I guess it makes sense, seeingbas how obstructionist behavior is in fashion nowadays.

This is my goal
Jeep Wrangler JL Horn beep on remote lock FB_IMG_1614399281406

Or better yet
Jeep Wrangler JL Horn beep on remote lock FB_IMG_1612149707160

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya buddy! I've also noticed lately, that the higher dollar sports and luxury cars have a quick triple honk. As if one wasn't enough. I guess it makes sense, seeingbas how obstructionist behavior is in fashion nowadays
Funny your goal is mine as well............I'm moving in a few weeks to a remote location to a cabin on a dead end mile long road. Nothing around be deer, moose, turkey, and salmon and trout fishing.
Sponsored