Sponsored

Hopefully I don't come off as a weirdo, looking to make new Jeep friends...

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't come off as a weirdo or a sad sack... I'm now in my mid 40s and as life goes on it seems all of my friends have kind of gone their own way as far as hobbies or just how they spend their free time. So I'm left here with my crazy passion for Jeeps & off roading with no one to talk to (droning on and on about all the killer mods I've made to my JLUR and future off road excursions I'm planning) :lipssealed: Anyone down here in the South Bay area (Morgan Hill) that is interested in doing some off roading (maybe Hollister Hills) or just making new Jeep (obsessed) friends? Sincerely, a Sad Sack & Jeep obsessed :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
True, never too many Jeep friends! :like: I do pass through Sac every now and then on my way to Grass Valley or Tahoe. Have you been on any cool trails out in your neck of the woods? I went to Winter Fun Fest in Grass Valley a couple of months ago, that was a pretty good time!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't come off as a weirdo or a sad sack... I'm now in my mid 40s and as life goes on it seems all of my friends have kind of gone their own way as far as hobbies or just how they spend their free time. So I'm left here with my crazy passion for Jeeps & off roading with no one to talk to (droning on and on about all the killer mods I've made to my JLUR and future off road excursions I'm planning) :lipssealed: Anyone down here in the South Bay area (Morgan Hill) that is interested in doing some off roading (maybe Hollister Hills) or just making new Jeep (obsessed) friends? Sincerely, a Sad Sack & Jeep obsessed :LOL:
Too late, you are now pegged as a total wierdo. :P

FYI, there is a SF bay area facebook group, they are said to be very active. I am kinda boycotting FB, so I don't really know, but I do plan to deal with the Devil and get access to FB soon.

Also, yea, friends move on, and you need to make new friends. That's how it goes.

Anyway, I am up here in CoCo County, looking to get out before I go mad.

I don't know anything about actual off road trails around here, just went for a trip down Marsh Creek Rd, Morgan Territory Rd, and Vasco Rd. Morgan Territory becomes a one lane road, but some guy up there was driving his Porsche 911. Fun trip, only a little mud by the side of the one lane road, did get me tired out though.

Gotta check out Hollister Hills, what is down that way?

Peace

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Check out the NorCal forum under the Staging Area here. We’re not super super active, but runs get posted there from time to time. There’s on coming up next weekend that I won’t be able to make.

That said, I’m definitely down for Hollister Hills! I’d been waiting for the rains to end.

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Too late, you are now pegged as a total wierdo. :P

FYI, there is a SF bay area facebook group, they are said to be very active. I am kinda boycotting FB, so I don't really know, but I do plan to deal with the Devil and get access to FB soon.

Also, yea, friends move on, and you need to make new friends. That's how it goes.

Anyway, I am up here in CoCo County, looking to get out before I go mad.

I don't know anything about actual off road trails around here, just went for a trip down Marsh Creek Rd, Morgan Territory Rd, and Vasco Rd. Morgan Territory becomes a one lane road, but some guy up there was driving his Porsche 911. Fun trip, only a little mud by the side of the one lane road, did get me tired out though.

Gotta check out Hollister Hills, what is down that way?

Peace
Thanks for the info. :like: All we really have down here is Hollister Hills. It's where I learned how to off road as a kid and it's a pretty cool place to do some good off roading (mild to pretty difficult trails.) I've done the Rubicon in my Dad's CJ7 back in 94 and that was the best time I've ever had off road.:rock: I want to plan a trip there in my JLUR sometime next summer!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Thanks for the info. :like: All we really have down here is Hollister Hills. It's where I learned how to off road as a kid and it's a pretty cool place to do some good off roading (mild to pretty difficult trails.) I've done the Rubicon in my Dad's CJ7 back in 94 and that was the best time I've ever had off road.:rock: I want to plan a trip there in my JLUR sometime next summer!
Neat, nice to know it's there. Now, I gotta check it out!

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We go out usually every Sunday just did

Check out this trail on AllTrails.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/saddleback-mountain-lookout-drive
Check out the NorCal forum under the Staging Area here. We’re not super super active, but runs get posted there from time to time. There’s on coming up next weekend that I won’t be able to make.

That said, I’m definitely down for Hollister Hills! I’d been waiting for the rains to end.
You and me both! (As far as waiting for the rain to stop) when I was younger I loved muddin in my Tj, but I'm way too OCD to cover my sweet new rig in mud these days! :facepalm:

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa, i didnt see this before now. But HELLO! i feel your pain. I am close to the 40 year mark as well. Kids and family run my life so no real jeeping friends yet. Im out in tracy but always down to do more trails. If you look below a few people are planning on doing a sourgrass run up hwy 4 pretty soon.

I've done hollister a few times even during the rainy season. For the most part, as long as you wait a few days after it has rained the mud dries out for the most part and the mud can be avoided.

Sponsored

Wizzard005

First Name
C n G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer / YouTube
We will be picking up for JT soon , would love to meet of you in the Sacramento area

Grayson

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - Sting Ray
I live near Carnegie in Livermore. All my friends drive street cars so I tend to Jeep alone. If y’all want to do a meet up at Carnegie let me know I can bbq and we can chill for the day :)