Sponsored

Hope nobody's order is delayed (train carrying new Jeeps derails)

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
On the bright side.. there will be some extra "slightly-used" Rubicon axles to watch out for on the used market...
I know I would like to get a complete front and rear at a good price point. All the ones on here seem to be just below what new would be. Might as well spend a few extra dollars and get a warranty on them with new.
Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
I would have seen it as a sign to include the tow package that was a bitch to install (specifically Aux switches) and gladly reordered LOL
I too would have ordered the LED package, tow / aux package, proximity locks, cold weather group. Now I will have to contort myself into a pretzel to add the should have ordered. The wife said no to the order, we will not get discounts if you order. Sometimes you just cannot win.

Does anyone know where they are taking the damaged Wranglers? I would love to get a JLU and take it apart without fear of breaking something.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I too would have ordered the LED package, tow / aux package, proximity locks, cold weather group. Now I will have to contort myself into a pretzel to add the should have ordered. The wife said no to the order, we will not get discounts if you order. Sometimes you just cannot win.

Does anyone know where they are taking the damaged Wranglers? I would love to get a JLU and take it apart without fear of breaking something.
Why would you not get discounts if you order?

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
Why would you not get discounts if you order?
That's what I said, but sometimes you just have to pick your battles. I was tired of the debate and gave in. My own fault really. Plus she didn't think I needed those upgrades until about six months later; hmm, you were right, leather seats would be nice. Good thing I was deployed.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Well, now after the list of damaged vehicles was sent out and mine wasn't on it, when looking to see why it's now nearly three months since order, the dealer sees the VIN has been closed out (or some such thing implying it is no longer a valid VIN) and at least for a different Jeep that late in the process showed the same thing on the VIN, they later discovered there were more Jeeps damaged than on the original list, and that was one of them. So mine too may be one that they only later discovered to be in the train wreck. Dealer checking with district rep - but I am now thinking if this is true then what a poor tracking system FCA has if they don't even know what was on a specific train...Ugh.

Sponsored

Rubicat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 2004 Jeep TJ Sahara
Maybe this could be seen as a new way of ‘trail rating’ Ruby’s? Sorry if your was in the mess but it’s insured and yes you should get the tow package.

bradsr1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Funny, I was just out doing some exploring on my CRF450L and happened to come across the UP yard here in Vegas. There were about 20-30 (totaled) Rubicons and Gladiators that I could see from the outside. Perhaps these are part of this derailment....

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
which yard was that? the dis & dat yard?

Funny, I was just out doing some exploring on my CRF450L and happened to come across the UP yard here in Vegas. There were about 20-30 (totaled) Rubicons and Gladiators that I could see from the outside. Perhaps these are part of this derailment....

bradsr1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
which yard was that? the dis & dat yard?
Honestly, I don’t know which yard however, it’s right off E Tropical via N Donovan Way. I ended up on Range Rd.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Someone put a penny on the rail. ;)

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
So mine too may be one that they only later discovered to be in the train wreck. Dealer checking with district rep - but I am now thinking if this is true then what a poor tracking system FCA has if they don't even know what was on a specific train...Ugh.
My dealer is able to determine where my order is, as it moves by train to it's delievry location.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
More than likely the factory will repair and redistribute those vehicles, and getting a thumbs up from the quality control team!!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I am sure the Jeeps have been replaced by now since it happened 2 years ago. No need to bump to put in a 0.02 comment about a penny.

Last edited:

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Holy cow. That’s the same route my new jeep would have taken a few weeks ago. I think I’ll go out in the garage and break the news to her about her brothers and sisters :crying:
Sponsored