Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Any thoughts of a hardtop variant ?
We will be coming out with some more generic rectangular shaped panels at some point which will work great on the roof. But for now we are only doing the hood specific panels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Thanks for all the orders. I'm happy to say that our first run of pre-orders has been sold out! They are shipping now.

We have extended the pre-order pricing and all orders placed now will be shipped in April. Get in there before this run sells out as well! :rock:

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Help me understand what everyone is using these for?
The main benefit of our VSS System is that users can keep their vehicle charged up while stationary and not running. It basically acts as a battery tender which keeps the battery topped up.

This is a great benefit for those into overlanding or camping as they never have to worry about a dead battery when running accessories such as a fridge/freezer, lights, computers etc.

The solar system can work in place of a dual battery setup since your main battery should never die. If you did manage to kill the battery overnight, our VSS System can recharge the battery so you can start the vehicle in ~45 mins.

2stoned

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sj413, sx4

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Very neat indeed.
I was wondering, regarding vented hoods...
Maybe these would fit the Owens-Pro: Venum fiberglass vented hoods for the JL/JT.
(I have no affiliation and no experience with this products)
https://www.owens-pro.com/products/category/jeep_fiberglass_hoods/category/jeep_products
https://www.quadratec.com/p/owens-products/venom-hood-18-jeep-wrangler-jl-jl-unlimited
Cool product, by the looks of it this panel should work with that hood since it retains what looks to be the same raised section as the stock hood. :like:

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Tried to order today, but it is no accepting the coupon code.

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Tried to order today, but it is no accepting the coupon code.
Sorry, the JLCASCADIA coupon is not valid for the VSS Systems which are already on sale. You can use the coupon for any of our winch accessories though! :)

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Reviving a somewhat old thread to post some pics and my opinion of the Cascadia system after finally installing it this afternoon!

Took advantage of a beautiful day and a quarantine here in NYC to get my panel mounted up. Install was super simple and the kit provides everything you need, including zip ties for wire management. I followed the directions to first affix the protective vinyl sheet that the panel mounts to. That was probably the trickiest part, but as long as you follow the instructions, it's not hard by any means. Domt skimp on the cleaning and prep work if you want a good result. After using a heat gun and the provided squeegee to clear out the air bubbles I got a super smooth finish on the vinyl and I moved on to mounting the panel.

Again, just followed the directions here. Used heat and pressure to affix the panel. Thanks to the bumpers on the hood, alignment was also pretty easy.

Finally, wiring up the solar controller. I found the battery cables they give you with the controller to be way too long. For now I just tucked the excess away next to the battery, but I will go back and shorten those wires for a neater and safer end product. Without any fuss, as soon as it was wired up, it started charging my vehicle battery. Anyway, pics of the finished product below. Overall I am really happy with the Cascadia solar system and can't wait to put it to the test while camping this summer!

20200503_180053.jpg

20200503_180145.jpg

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Reviving a somewhat old thread to post some pics and my opinion of the Cascadia system after finally installing it this afternoon!

Took advantage of a beautiful day and a quarantine here in NYC to get my panel mounted up. Install was super simple and the kit provides everything you need, including zip ties for wire management. I followed the directions to first affix the protective vinyl sheet that the panel mounts to. That was probably the trickiest part, but as long as you follow the instructions, it's not hard by any means. Domt skimp on the cleaning and prep work if you want a good result. After using a heat gun and the provided squeegee to clear out the air bubbles I got a super smooth finish on the vinyl and I moved on to mounting the panel.

Again, just followed the directions here. Used heat and pressure to affix the panel. Thanks to the bumpers on the hood, alignment was also pretty easy.

Finally, wiring up the solar controller. I found the battery cables they give you with the controller to be way too long. For now I just tucked the excess away next to the battery, but I will go back and shorten those wires for a neater and safer end product. Without any fuss, as soon as it was wired up, it started charging my vehicle battery. Anyway, pics of the finished product below. Overall I am really happy with the Cascadia solar system and can't wait to put it to the test while camping this summer!

20200503_180053.jpg

20200503_180145.jpg
Nice! Looks great. I'd be curious to see what the actual real-world output is on these things once people are able to test them.

I'm still waiting on word from @Cascadia4x4 about the Rubicon versions. Hopefully they have something soon.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
@Cascadia4x4
STFU and take my money! Wait, you already did. Ordered this awesomeness yesterday, can't wait to get and install it. I saw another thread where it seems you might be working on a portable panel to connect to your controller when parked in the shade, that has me interested as well. Will your controller work with any other panels on the market? Any effect on the intelligent battery charging system on these JL's or does your controller sense ignition on and quit charging while the vehicle is running? Pretty sure i'll be hooking up to my aux battery on a Genesis dual battery setup, that's the battery that gets all the accessory draw in my setup. My start battery is protected and should never go dead under normal use.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@Cascadia4x4
STFU and take my money! Wait, you already did. Ordered this awesomeness yesterday, can't wait to get and install it. I saw another thread where it seems you might be working on a portable panel to connect to your controller when parked in the shade, that has me interested as well. Will your controller work with any other panels on the market? Any effect on the intelligent battery charging system on these JL's or does your controller sense ignition on and quit charging while the vehicle is running? Pretty sure i'll be hooking up to my aux battery on a Genesis dual battery setup, that's the battery that gets all the accessory draw in my setup. My start battery is protected and should never go dead under normal use.
Genesis goes over how to hook solar in to their systems here:

http://www.genesisoffroad.com/Tech-Help_ep_41.html

Hook up directly to the bus bars and it should function as intended.

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota

20200503_180053.jpg

20200503_180145.jpg
Awesome! Looks great and thanks for the positive write up!

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
@Cascadia4x4
Thanks for the order Jim. We'll be shipping those ASAP (its looking around end of May). We are working on a variety of different solar options but for now we are focusing on getting the vehicle specific models to market.

You can hook up other panels to our charge controller as long as it does not exceed 130watts (the maximum for our controller). There is no effect on the intelligent charging system. The panel will keep charging even if the alternator is on or off.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.