Hood locks

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
I’ve had my JL for a while now and figured it’s finally time to get hood locks before something happens. What are you guys using for hood locks- if you are?

i just added a gas door too. Not locking but an upgrade from just the gas gap regardless
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’ve had my JL for a while now and figured it’s finally time to get hood locks before something happens. What are you guys using for hood locks- if you are?

i just added a gas door too. Not locking but an upgrade from just the gas gap regardless
Bolt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, Bolt hood lock that goes through the grill. Don't do what I did and waste money on hood latches w/ locks in them :headbang: :no:

Mrclean11

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara

BOLT as well

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
Yep, Bolt hood lock that goes through the grill. Don't do what I did and waste money on hood latches w/ locks in them :headbang: :no:
What was your experience w hood locking latches?

Sponsored

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Also voting for Bolt. It will match your Jeep key, so you don't need any extra set of keys just to unlock your hood, which is what the locking latches require.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What was your experience w hood locking latches?
Easy for someone to pry them off, resulting in an open (and now damaged hood). Luckily mine didn't get broken in to, but I just leave them unlocked now and will get the Bolt soon.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
BOLT- first addition I did to my Jeep just after I bought it.

Read countless stories and reviews around the web about locking latches being pried open...

Plus - it was a fun first mod to perform to get the hang of the types of clips the Wrangler uses for keeping things attached like the grille etc... Came in handy when taking apart my front bumper :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BOLT- first addition I did to my Jeep just after I bought it.

Read countless stories and reviews around the web about locking latches being pried open...

Plus - it was a fun first mod to perform to get the hang of the types of clips the Wrangler uses for keeping things attached like the grille etc... Came in handy when taking apart my front bumper :)
It's always a bit gut-wrenching pulling panels off your new ride. That grill puts up a good fight as do the fenders :) Bumper wasn't bad but those sport-euro covers were a PITA to remove w/ the fog light backing w/ the 30 or more dinky screws :(

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I don’t suppose this will work if you have the forward facing trail cam? Will it?
I managed to install it with my mesh flag grille. You really don’t need their 3 slot grille, just drill a hole for the key and keep your trail cam slot

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I know they're rad - I've had em on a few jeeps. Thing is - these things have exterior hinges. Zip the hinges off with an electric impact and, slowly pry the hood open backwards. I'm not saying there's nothing under there to steal....or that isn't a "bit" of work, but honestly I'd rather buy a stolen battery than pay the deductable on a wrecked hood.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
thanks for your recommendations! just ordered the bolt hood lock. How was the install?
This was the hardest part. Other than that, it’s really simple
Sponsored