Sponsored

Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
We have been contact by several members of this forum with questions about our Hood QuickLIFT system and the compatibility with the VERY heavy 392 hood. With the help of a few members we have confirmed the fit and functionality of our system with some more powerful gas springs for the heavier hood. This system is unique to the 392 application and has a new part number 21-20007

More information about our system is below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 21-20007-02-2

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 rt-qr-layout-jpg-

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I'm interested in this. I can't find the installation video you mentioned though? Am I missing it?
Thanks

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I'm interested in this. I can't find the installation video you mentioned though? Am I missing it?
Thanks
Sorry Rob, just added it to the post above. This video is for the standard Wrangler, but the installation is the same. One thing to note for the 392 owners there is a small modification that needs to be made to the passenger side ECU bracket to make clearance for our gas spring. Please see picture below:
m2O603q.jpg

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Sorry Rob, just added it to the post above. This video is for the standard Wrangler, but the installation is the same. One thing to note for the 392 owners there is a small modification that needs to be made to the passenger side ECU bracket to make clearance for our gas spring. Please see picture below:
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 m2O603q
Good to know, thanks for the link!

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
We have been contact by several members of this forum with questions about our Hood QuickLIFT system and the compatibility with the VERY heavy 392 hood. With the help of a few members we have confirmed the fit and functionality of our system with some more powerful gas springs for the heavier hood. This system is unique to the 392 application and has a new part number 21-20007

More information about our system is below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 m2O603q

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Payment during checkout on your website isn't working... keep getting an error.

Sponsored

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For those shopping a hood lift kit for the JL.... IF you park a JL with any Redline Tuning offering installed next to a JL with the Rival brand, hood lift kit or other barnd offerings side by side... and look them over closely (I have) you will see that the Redline Tuning is a far superior offering to others.

Yes, the Redline Tuning offering is a few $ more, but again, when you see /feel/ use both /other offerings, you will gladly pay the extra few $ for the Redline's.... also, the Redline Tuning has a way way better warranty, excellent customer service, a presence here... and are a forum Sponsor.

(Rival brands 1 year warranty period is laughable..)

I know I myself would not even consider installing the Rival brand offering or the other brand offerings out there...

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
what the difference between 21-20003-02 & 21-20006-02? i ask because i plan to add a Mojave hood on my JLUR in the near future and would prefer not to have to purchase a different part. Will 21-20006-02 not fit on US JLUR?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
what the difference between 21-20003-02 & 21-20006-02? i ask because i plan to add a Mojave hood on my JLUR in the near future and would prefer not to have to purchase a different part. Will 21-20006-02 not fit on US JLUR?
Everything between the 21-20003-02 & 21-20006-02 is the same except the force of the gas springs because the Mojave hood is steel. Yes, the 21-20006-02 will fit on a US JLUR, the gas spring will just be a little stronger than needed (still fine to use). When we design our systems, we valve the gas springs to provide the proper lifting force for the hood while minimizing the stress on any components. That is why we have unique applications for the Standard Aluminum Hood (21-20003), the Steel Mojave Hood (21-20006) and the Steel 392 Hood with extra plastic cold air induction ducting (21-20007).

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Just got my Redline shocks delivery for my 392 hood!

Now if the dang Jeep would come in I'd be REALLY happy. 170 days and just empty promises

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Why does it say on their site it doesn’t fit 392?
@JLnike

This forum thread is talking the hood lift offering from Redline Tuning and not the so so, budget offering of another company.

With that said if you have questions regarding the so so offering, reach out to them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Beatle 2022 Red Jeep 392
The Rival hood strut kit installed easily and functionally on my 392 without any cutting.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rival-4x4/hood-lift-kit-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-2A-ST-2702-1
💩Yeah that post is 100% wrong.

I'm writing this in part as a PSA warning that the RIVAL 2A.ST.2702.1 Premium Hood Lift will not fit the 392. The Redline Tuning 21-20007-02 Hood QuickLIFT Plus 392 works perfectly on the 392. @Taanto post convinced me that the RIVAL would fit with no cutting required and like an idiot I believed it.

I ordered the RIVAL 2A.ST.2702.1 Premium Hood Lift from Amazon. As soon as it arrived I could see I had made a big mistake. On the box I could see "Made in Russia"... :swear: then I looked at the hardware, hex bolts were not cast properly, threads were not cut cleanly, it looked like it had been made at a Soviet tank factory, on a Friday. And of course the gas struts are both too short and too weak to lift the 392 hood. Lesson learned. Time to do what I should have done in the first place, order the Redline Tuning 21-20007-02 Hood QuickLIFT Plus 392 kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 View recent photos

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 IMG_2630.JPG

I ordered the black QuickLIFT Plus kit from Redline Tuning because it looked the most OEM. It arrived quickly and the build quality was like night and day compared to the RIVAL kit. All the hardware was well made, the gas struts had quick releases installed on the rod ends to allow you to disconnect the hood and lay it back against the windshield. And everything including the gas pistons are made in the USA. 🇺🇸
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 IMG_2665

I started the install with the hood hardware. The 392 has the HydroGuide system that kinda interferes with getting the hardware flush up against the hood. I had to lift up that stuff up to get the brackets tucked in underneath up against the hood for a secure fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 12.57.43 AM

The lower brackets were easy to install and now comes the hard part, clearing the ECU bracket with the gas strut. The 392 uses a modified bracket to hold the Electronic Control Unit (ECU or "the brains"). Unfortunately it interferes with the area the hood strut would rest when the hood is closed. So Redline says that the ECU bracket needs to be trimmed to fix this. But when I watched TrailRecon's video he had the Redline hood struts installed but the ECU bracket is not been modified. How? 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 11.35.35 PM

Well it will fit, but not cleanly. The ECU bracket is defiantly pushing on the hood strut and you will feel this when you try and close the hood latches and you have to push down to get it to fully close. At first I tried to reversing the hood strut direction, this seemed like a good solution because it kept the cylinder out of the way of the ECU bracket. Then Redline contacted me and warned that doing that would prevent the piston seals from getting proper lubrication. 🤔 (hadn't thought about that) So I took a little plumbers putty to see how much interference there actually was.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 IMG_2732.JPG

So using the old Dremel with a regular Corse Sanding drum I worked on that area until I was able to get it to clear easily.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 IMG_2698

The finished ECU bracket looked like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 IMG_2734.JPG

On the driver's side I noticed that one of the AC retention bracket bolts was pushing the hood strut up on that side so I went through my bucket o' bolts and found a countersunk screw that fit and didn't stick up far enough to interfere. Redline recommends removing the metal grommet under the AC retention bracket in the directions, but the smaller screw/washer worked for me. I need to buy one with a T-40 Torx head that will match all the OEM hardware but for now this will get the job done.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 1.47.49 AM

Hood struts really should be standard equipment from the factory but I get it, it's a Jeep, and Jeeps have prop rods. However, this is one of the best "Mods" I have done and I should have done it sooner. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Last edited: