OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I admit, I should have done my due diligence on the install. “Clearanced” is not a term I fully understood. It’s actually not a word at all, it’s a word you made up so you didnt have to say modified, cut or “Dremelled”. There are several inconsistencies in the listing and instead of just acknowledging it, fixing it and being understanding you decided to defend the inconsistencies and jump on/hide behind the bro-banter wagon. I went to your website to make the purchase. I came here after reading the installation instructions today to figure out if there was a work around to the bracket modification. Not the other way around. I admit I should have read the instructions first, can you admit that your listing is not consistent with reality? I didn’t realize you had so many fluffers here.
What are the inconsistencies? If it makes you feel better, we will update the website to change "Clearanced" to "modified" in the description. :like: Thank you for your input.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 392_
Sponsored

Last edited:

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
@BLU392

YOUR issue, plain and simple.

Had you taken the time to do any research at all on the Redline Tuning offering for the 392.... and the install of same.... you would have known there was a little (very little) cutting involved, etc... but it still is a very basic/easy install that can be done in less then 15-20 mins...

Redline Tuning reps and forum member's here have talked about this install (on a 392) multiple times on the forum... Just a few days ago we had another 392 owner, also whine about having to do the simple metal cut and that the install was not simple ..... Drama drama...

Suggest you just send the Redline Tuning offering back.
Unlike you sir/ma’am I have a life outside the forum. I don't read every post and chime in with obnoxious opinions every chance I get. Yes, it’s my problem, no doubt. If Redline had to address it multiple times then maybe they have the problem. I don’t need f&$ing struts. It’s a luxury item, I’m sure the struts are super cool and work great but fix the friggin listing. That’s all I got.

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Unlike you sir/ma’am I have a life outside the forum. I don't read every post and chime in with obnoxious opinions every chance I get. Yes, it’s my problem, no doubt. If Redline had to address it multiple times then maybe they have the problem. I don’t need f&$ing struts. It’s a luxury item, I’m sure the struts are super cool and work great but fix the friggin listing. That’s all I got.
A lot of us have him on ignore 👍🏼

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
What are the inconsistencies? If it makes you feel better, we will update the website to change "Clearanced" to "modified" in the description. :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Lift system now available specifically for the Wrangler 392 392_
Is someone typing these comments for you or do you not know how to read?

Doubling down on the customer service. Great job.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Don’t be such a dick. I’m pointing out that the list of required tools is not the complete list and an oversight. The install takes longer then 5 minutes, right? It’s not a completely bolt on install like it states in the product details. I have to cut a bracket and paint it, things I wasn’t planning on doing and don’t want to do. I don’t own a lot of things, a Dremel is one of them, get over it.
Just so we’re all clear, I am a huge dick (obviously overcompensating or something), I’m not always allowed out in public. I am a retired military dude with too much time as a Platoon Sergeant to speak sweetly, usually the ribbing is in good fun. I talk to people the way they need to be talked to, and I will still be here to offer actual help if you need it.
A Dremel is a combo tool I would highly recommend, they can be had for good deals. I have had the same one since I was a young Marine.
Also, it’s a Jeep, 70% of the time I’d say the install never goes according to plan.

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
Just so we’re all clear, I am a huge dick (obviously overcompensating or something), I’m not always allowed out in public. I am a retired military dude with too much time as a Platoon Sergeant to speak sweetly, usually the ribbing is in good fun. I talk to people the way they need to be talked to, and I will still be here to offer actual help if you need it.
A Dremel is a combo tool I would highly recommend, they can be had for good deals. I have had the same one since I was a young Marine.
Also, it’s a Jeep, 70% of the time I’d say the install never goes according to plan.
Would you recommend the 12v Milwaukee rotary tool? Asking for a friend.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Would you recommend the 12v Milwaukee rotary tool? Asking for a friend.
If you have other tools that use that battery also, maybe. The reviews don’t look too good for the rotary tool I saw, vibration issues and overheating. Truly, and I’m no spokesperson, I have had zero issues with my corded dremel tool. They build them perfectly for what they do, there are battery versions also. I do however recommend the Milwaukee right angle driver, the installs I have done this far have sucked with hand tools where that thing would zip through.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I do the Milwaukee line for all cordless except for the Dremel, I stayed with Dremel and got the cordless version, very happy with it. Dremel ha been around forever and has a whole slew of products developed by and for to maintain compatibility. And clearance is certainly a word I would use as a verb as the micro of the macro to modify, which could mean almost anything.

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love mine on my Rubicon.

Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I like the final product but have to agree that the redline install was not the easiest. I bought a Dremel just for this install (have never used it since) and as a newbie it took some work to cut that bracket. I managed to break a Dremel bit, the bit flew out of the Dremel several times (user error I’m sure), I hacked up the metal bracket (it’s pretty ugly now), and got a bunch of metal shavings everywhere. I guess that’s why I generally don’t do my own installs!

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Anyone find / purchase a spare ecu bracket to precut and then install?

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Wow, so much angst over the simplest install I've ever experienced. :CWL:
No angst from me; I’m awaiting my 392 and just wondering if anyone went that route.
Sponsored