Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
Has anyone else noticed any stress cracks in their hinges?:swear:
Sponsored

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Good question. Latches see stress, hinges don't on the hood.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Wrong metal could simply be the supplier supplied a downgraded metal when there were more severe supply chain issue in the last couple of years.

Either Jeep authorized it to keep the lines running (one of those "we'll find out the impact later" ), or the supplier didn't tell Jeep of the change
Or simply someone put the wrong metal in the drawing that is used elsewhere and it was simply overlooked/not realized during the documentation release process. I work in medical devices (a HIGHLY regulated and documentation intense industry) and in every company, and every manufacturing industry mistakes happen because of humans. The more checks and balances you do the slower your production process is, but also the more likely you are to catch a mistake.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
So a little bird told me a recall should be coming soon for the jeep hood hinges as many are showing cracks in the hinges as they were made with the wrong metal and they’re starting to get stress cracks. Guess I’ll be keeping my eye out.
Please don't take offense, but I see you're in Pheonix. It's not exactly known for the auto industry and production. Why should we (the JL Forum community) believe this rumor you are saying? Often with recalls a problem is pretty known about and you hear about issues happening often before you hear of a recall being declared. Maybe I live under a rock, but this "issue" is out of the blue to me.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
I pointed out in a video I did that I noticed there wasn't any gaskets in the hood hinges but there was in the door hinges. I thought it was odd. Interesting. Wrong metal + no gaskets. Get ready to bed over I guess. 😬

If this is true how does that even happen? How the Hell do you use the "Wrong metal"?
Do you even 6MT flywheel, bro?

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Please don't take offense, but I see you're in Pheonix. It's not exactly known for the auto industry and production. Why should we (the JL Forum community) believe this rumor you are saying? Often with recalls a problem is pretty known about and you hear about issues happening often before you hear of a recall being declared. Maybe I live under a rock, but this "issue" is out of the blue to me.
I live in Dallas which isn't exactly known for the auto industry and production but I have some pretty deep contacts in Detroit (not Chrysler/Jeep) and have been told some things before being made public.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.