Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Please don't take offense, but I see you're in Pheonix. It's not exactly known for the auto industry and production. Why should we (the JL Forum community) believe this rumor you are saying?
Because people outside of production areas can't possibly have friends or conversations outside of their city limits?

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
If they are going through the effort for these then shouldnt this also apply to the doors too? That 170+ page thread is only getting longer

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
To clarify, are you talking about the hinges, like up by the windshield, or the latches at the front like in the picture?
Just bought a replacement windshield hinge. Can tell you first hand they bend, but do not crack when your nineteen year old son flops your baby.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Hinge Recall coming soon due to stress cracks B8C4A518-388B-48BA-9DE7-5E377E91A38A

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Because people outside of production areas can't possibly have friends or conversations outside of their city limits?
While this is blatantly obvious to me, nothing in the OPs post gives me any reason to believe her. I do not blindly believe everything people say on the internet. I do suspect the OP is probably correct and hasn't misunderstood info she has heard, but I have not seen a lot of people on the forums or FB groups complaining about hinges cracking, deforming, etc which you usually hear about before recalls happen. Like with airbags, DEF usage, clutch issues, etc. This is why I asked why we should believe her, maybe she can give some insight to give her more validity in her statements.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
OMG, and I have extensionson on mine, adding leverage. The horror...
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Hinge Recall coming soon due to stress cracks B8C4A518-388B-48BA-9DE7-5E377E91A38A

wait, I just looked mine over and I'm good, never mind. Another Wrangler issue mine does not have, Zero.
How hard was it to paint the cowl?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely going to watch this thread.

Jeb22

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (White)
speaking of hinges and "wrong metals" has there been any update on the door hinge area corrosion lawsuit??

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Please don't take offense, but I see you're in Pheonix. It's not exactly known for the auto industry and production. Why should we (the JL Forum community) believe this rumor you are saying? Often with recalls a problem is pretty known about and you hear about issues happening often before you hear of a recall being declared. Maybe I live under a rock, but this "issue" is out of the blue to me.
I donā€™t. It was out of the blue to me as well as I havenā€™t heard anything either. I was surprised when I was told also.
My brotherā€™s best friend works for Chrysler in the division that handles these types of issues, (recalls) etc. and just told me the other day about it. They got it approved and just sent the info up to start the process. Iā€™m working on getting more details/specifics. (And I was told I could mention it here)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I donā€™t. It was out of the blue to me as well as I havenā€™t heard anything either. I was surprised when I was told also.
My brotherā€™s best friend works for Chrysler in the division that handles these types of issues, (recalls) etc. and just told me the other day about it. They got it approved and just sent the info up to start the process. Iā€™m working on getting more details/specifics. (And I was told I could mention it here)
It wouldn't be a recall. At best it's a TSB. That way they're not on the hook for basically anything out of warranty.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong metal could simply be the supplier supplied a downgraded metal when there were more severe supply chain issue in the last couple of years.

Either Jeep authorized it to keep the lines running (one of those "we'll find out the impact later" ), or the supplier didn't tell Jeep of the change
Correct. I donā€™t know all the
It wouldn't be a recall. At best it's a TSB. That way they're not on the hook for basically anything out of warranty.
Most likely.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
It's interesting that you bring this up. I have a 2021 and, knock on wood, the paint around my door hinges isn't bubbling. On the other hand, the paint on my hood around the hinge is starting to bubble. I'm just living with it to see how bad it's going to get, then bring it in before the warranty is up.

There could be a dozen reasons why I'm seeing it on my hood and not my doors. But I wonder if what the OP said is true about it being a wrong metal.

I can also see it going a TSB route or recall route. If the metal is cracking due to weakness, the hood may fly up or off and cause injury.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
Probably Bird Flu Symptoms causing this Hallucination - get better!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! We dont want to create any mass hysteria...
Sponsored