Sponsored

Hood Decals - Love em or Hate em (Yes, you too Rubicon owners) :)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I'm keeping my Rubicon sticker. I have nothing to hide or attempt to fool others

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
I like (most of) them on other Jeeps but can't think of anything I like enough to put on mine. If do prefer humorous ones more than the serious ones. If I were to put something on there it would be some sort of joke or dog reference probably.

I considered going with a "Dirty dogs have more fun" spare tire cover except A) it has a web link on the bottom (I'm not paying what they sell for just to advertise for them) and B) I'd have to mod it for the rearview camera.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I like the bare look. If my JLUR ever arrives (stuck in shipping somewhere) all will come off.
I kind of agree. Not sure if decals excite me. I like the "non-descript" look. You do not want to stand out for various reasons. Your jeep is well capable of anything, you don't need to broadcast that. Plus the more attention you draw to your jeep the more likely it may be a target for thieves, vandals or whatever comes down the pike. Stay under the radar, is my motto!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Got these in the mail today for my Sport. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
upload_2019-3-23_19-15-5.jpeg

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
When I was a sophomore in college, i had this poetry class with a professor who envisioned himself as Robin William's in the Dead Poets Society. Guy loved saying "indeed" more than any person I have ever met in my life. English professors can get away with that stuff without being laughed at, I guess.

For an assignment, I had to write this paper and turn it in, but before I did so, I made sure to try to make it look nice by putting it in some type of nice binder with a yellow see through cover page. As I hand the paper in, the professor RIPS off the front plastic yellow see through cover page and throws it in the trashcan. He then puts a blank piece of paper on the front of my paper and hands it back to me and says, "look at this and always remember this. Never underestimate the beauty of a simple clean sheet of paper."

Fast forward a thousand years later and I still remember that. I hated the guy but that didn't make him wrong. I've just grown to like things that have a nice design, and as he would have said, simplistic beauty. It's like seeing a woman with ten rings on her fingers. I dislike how every person has to have everything they wear or carry monogrammed. Everything to me today just seems overdone.

Sponsored

Daktari

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Wrangler in the near future
I think the side decals on the engine hood look great (stock or otherwise). I totally understand those that want a cleaner look and remove current decals too. Do what you want to your Jeep...it's ALL good mates ! I posted this in another thread and thought it also belongs here. My concept and I had a graphic artist create this with some Wizard pics from the mother of pearl inlay I had done to my guitar. It's two different wraps...the flat black hood wrap and then the Wizard attached over that.

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG
I think we're missing a picture of your guitar, would love to see that too if you want to share it!
Sponsored