Sponsored

Honda Accord - Zero....Jeep JL with hitch mounted skid plate - One

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
The accord did exactly what it is designed to do. A crash is a set amount of energy that HAS to go somewhere. In this case the front end of the car absorbed the energy. If it didn’t deform it would be transmitted directly to the occupants.

If you hit an object larger than you this is exactly what you want your car to look like.
I agree 100%. That is normal damage for a car that rear-ends a SUV or taller vehicle where the car bumper does not make impact. The picture is limited, but the hood folded (which is what it should do) and the plastic grill and bumper parts broke, other than that the car appears to be fine, the radiator does not appear to be damaged, that car can easily be repaired.
Sponsored

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
This same thing happened to me when I was in my 2001 TJ.

I was sitting still behind an F150 when I just happened to glance in the rear view. I see a small car coming at a high rate of speed and the only thing I could do was push hard on the brake.

This girl hits me without even tapping her brake pushpin gme into the truck in front of me.

We get out and her cavalier looks like it just came out of a car crusher but you could see the imprint of my BFG spare. The impact of me being pushed di to the truck bent his rear bumper down a lot. My jeep had a small little scratch on the rear number. That's it, nothing else.

The cops were shocked.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I agree 100%. That is normal damage for a car that rear-ends a SUV or taller vehicle where the car bumper does not make impact. The picture is limited, but the hood folded (which is what it should do) and the plastic grill and bumper parts broke, other than that the car appears to be fine, the radiator does not appear to be damaged, that car can easily be repaired.
The radiator was collapsed back about 6” and the fan sounded as though it had been crushed.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Crumple zones the body shop dream!! That's what crumple zones really are!!! Ask that Honda guy how he feels after the repair and his car is listed on Car Fax and they deduct that off his trade in value!!!

Ya, crumple zones!

Go Jeep!!!

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
You hit a
Crumple zones the body shop dream!! That's what crumple zones really are!!! Ask that Honda guy how he feels after the repair and his car is listed on Car Fax and they deduct that off his trade in value!!!

Ya, crumple zones!

Go Jeep!!!
Oy vey. Please don’t design cars.

Let’s say your Jeep hits a tree. The tree does not move one bit. You are going 30mph.

Your car then goes from 30-0.

With a crumple zone your car is actually increasing the time it takes to go from 30-0 and absorbing that energy. Without them your body goes from 30-0 instantly and your chest is crushed against the seatbelt.

Here’s an experiment. Place a Carboard box full of crushed paper on your forehead. Now snack your head into a wall. Not bad.

Now put a brick on your forehead and do the same. That’s no crumple zones.

By the way. Please don’t actually do that.

Now you can jump for joy how the brick barely has a scratch and the box is all dented... but with the brick you have a concussion and a fractured skull.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Have the dealer inspect the Jeep for any hidden damage.
Have a professional, reputable body shop look at it. I barely trust dealerships to change oil let alone assess damage.

loracekim

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I totally see your problem!!
It's your license plate!!
In the medical field, HBC is shorthand for Hit By Car!!! Used if a patient is injured from a car. This time the patient is your jeep.
Bet you never forgot your license now!!

loracekim

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Also cant beat the 5530 - 2 of the most posted speeds out there and easy to remember.
Thanks for your service also!!!

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
I totally see your problem!!
It's your license plate!!
In the medical field, HBC is shorthand for Hit By Car!!! Used if a patient is injured from a car. This time the patient is your jeep.
Bet you never forgot your license now!!
I know you’re joking but it is sad in North Carolina that the trooper could have ticketed him for the license plate frame that barely covers the date sticker in the upper right.
Normally one of those things they’ll add onto another ticket if you get them in a bad mood.
Sponsored