Homelink programming problem

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
My apartment building has a 15 year old garage door and after 6 attempts I have not been able to program my homelink. I have a universal keychain style of remote so I don't think that the codes/frequency it uses should not be supported.

I live in Canada and I have read that means our remote transmitters time out after several seconds. The instructions for Canadian remote linking indicate to press the remote many time, about every 2 seconds while holding the homelink button.

After about 40 seconds the homelink seems to timeout.

Has anyone else encountered and solved this?
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I had to install additional hardware to make a new garage door work with my 2009 and 2011 vehicles. Perhaps new vehicles are not compatible with older systems without the hardware to translate the signals.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My apartment building has a 15 year old garage door and after 6 attempts I have not been able to program my homelink. I have a universal keychain style of remote so I don't think that the codes/frequency it uses should not be supported.

I live in Canada and I have read that means our remote transmitters time out after several seconds. The instructions for Canadian remote linking indicate to press the remote many time, about every 2 seconds while holding the homelink button.

Call HomeLink. They have a excellent customer service department that will walk you through the programming procedure on the phone.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Where is your vehicle parked when you attempt to program? Mine wouldn't program while in the garage and only a few feet away from the opener. I recall reading you must be further away so when I backed out into the driveway, it programmed without issue.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Make sure you are using an original door opener to link to Home Link. My old garage door would only connect Home link with an original remote, the replacement keychain opener would never work. Keep at it.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

They let you program garage door openers in an apartment building?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi Dale,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care if additional assistance is needed. I have included a link with their contact information below.
https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP
Dalma

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
They let you program garage door openers in an apartment building?
We are a small self managed building. I have programmed every remote control in the building. If I had direct access to setting the required code I would be done in minutes
Sponsored